2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Ho hum, Michigan's winning another game against the Sisters of the Poor. Why NBC still deals with those clods, I have no idea. Notre Dame has not been relevant in the past 125 years.

Aren't you a Notre Dame fan? lol

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, growing pains.

Oklahoma's offense is straight-up trainwrecking my Seminoles' young D. I'm sure Sooner Nation is loving this. It ain't making me throw stuff, but daggone...this done got ugly to watch. But this is how youngsters learn--and especially in a new system.

I saw another team go through a similar thing two years ago. This year, I think they've grown up and have some things to show. Of course, that team's up in Columbus, Ohio right now, hanging tough with the Buckeyes.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So yeah, only way the Broncos are getting in is if they run the table & the next best teams have 2 losses. If not, enjoy another BCS berth, but no title game.

I thought this was probably the case even if VT didn't lose today.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Finally getting around to this post...

You do understand the point of a home-and-home, right? We didn't pay millions for USC to come to Lincoln a few years ago, we just returned the favor with a trip to the Coliseum the next year. Boise doesn't want just a slice of the pie, hell, they don't even want the whole pie. They want the damn bakery.

You do understand that Boise is a far smaller school than the BCS tradition schools, right? Boise doesn't get billion dollar endowments from rich alumni. The $1 million they're asking is basically pocket change for the BCS favorites. I'm still not seeing why Boise shouldn't get at least a cut of the ratings revenues from the games.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

ACC is just looking bad today.

Boston College is letting Kent State hang with them (13-6 in the 3rd)

Georgia Tech upset by Kansas who lost to a FCS school last week.

Virginia Tech losing to a FCS school.

Florida State getting destroyed by Oklahoma.

Miami getting beat at halftime by Ohio State.

Then Virgina has to play at USC tonight.

I was rooting for Florida State but unless a miracle happens that game looks to be over, Miami's still hanging tough though.

Crist is back in for Notre Dame and he just threw a big Touchdown pass, they should have reviewed it because his receiver pulled a DeSean Jackson and let go of the ball before he got in the endzone.

If Miami's offense can manage to get going, they will have a pretty decent shot at winning. But yeah, if your special teams is the only squad that is putting up points, something's wrong.

There's still Oregon State, although the Beavers have already lost to TCU.

IMO, that is the team that may end up busting the BCS and making it to the title game. If they can keep on winning their games & somehow get past what will probably be a ridiculously tough road game against Utah, then it could very well be the Horned Frogs with a legit shot at a national championship.

Then again, this is all speculation and this season looks like it could get really nutty before it's all said & done.

EDIT (Re: Miami): NVM, I forgot Miami had Jacory Harris, who just threw his 58th interception of the game.

Yeah, this ain't a good day for the ACC. (Granted, two of those teams are going up against still competition, but still.)

So why, now, does the ACC get an auto-bid again?? :(

/overreaction

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Yeah, this ain't a good day for the ACC. (Granted, two of those teams are going up against still competition, but still.)

So why, now, does the ACC get an auto-bid again?? :(

Because flyover country appreciates the White Stripes "7 Nation Army" more than others really do since as it was released in 2003. Others have moved on.

Looks like Ohio State is going to pull away, 33-17, and a dude drops one right in the endzone for Miami, then they get the Field Goal blocked, this one is starting to get out of hand.

Miami is just shooting themselves in the foot, time and time again.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Meanwhile, over in Norman, the Seminoles have just become all the way unraveled. Missed tackles, blown assignments, dropped passes wide-open in the middle of the field, bonehead penalties (I mean really, dude--you shove the guy when he's ALREADY out of bounds--and YOU WASN'T EVEN IN ON THE PLAY?--yeah, that's that :censored: there)...and there's still a whole 'nother quarter to go.

Let it be known that the coaches' poll reeks of bias against the SEC. The SEC deserves more than the puny amount of teams they have in the current poll - the minimum should be twelve. Ask any fan of any SEC team - they will tell you the same thing. SEC teams are tested from Week 1 of the season all the way to the end, no other conference can say that.

LvZYtbZ.png

Well, I guess Big East fans are happy that their conference isn't the BCS laughingstock right now. That title belongs to the ACC.

Now, Washington plays Syracuse tonight and, well, it's a 'must win' game. Losing last week at BYU is tough, but one of the things to be a better team is to beat the teams that are weaker then your team and Syracuse falls under that label. Plus, Being 0-2 and having Nebraska coming to Seattle next week would downright nightmarish.

Meanwhile, over in Norman, the Seminoles have just become all the way unraveled. Missed tackles, blown assignments, dropped passes wide-open in the middle of the field, bonehead penalties (I mean really, dude--you shove the guy when he's ALREADY out of bounds--and YOU WASN'T EVEN IN ON THE PLAY?--yeah, that's that :censored: there)...and there's still a whole 'nother quarter to go.

At least Florida State scored a Touchdown on Oklahoma... Iowa State, on the other hand... Well, there's a reason why the Cyclones haven't scored a TD on the Hawkeyes since 2006.

Well, I guess Big East fans are happy that their conference isn't the BCS laughingstock right now. That title belongs has belonged to the ACC for at least the past four years.

Now, Washington plays Syracuse tonight and, well, it's a 'must win' game. Losing last week at BYU is tough, but one of the things to be a better team is to beat the teams that are weaker then your team and Syracuse falls under that label. Plus, Being 0-2 and having Nebraska coming to Seattle next week would downright nightmarish.

Partially edited for accuracy.

Holy Toledo, Notre Dame takes the lead with 3:41 left. 95 yard TD pass.

This has been the best game so far IMO. I hope the Irish can hold on and win this one.

In other news, ESPN can we get Miami-Ohio State over with so I can watch my Tide!

Archived