2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Anyone else thing Jacory Harris is too laid back?

Almost like he doesn't care...

It's not that he doesn't care or is too laid back (because if he won all his games, no one would say :censored: about it), it's that he makes HORRIBLE decisions with the football in the crunch.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else thing Jacory Harris is too laid back?

Almost like he doesn't care...

It's not that he doesn't care or is too laid back (because if he won all his games, no one would say :censored: about it), it's that he makes HORRIBLE decisions with the football in the crunch.

Agreed. Some of those picks he threw on Saturday weren't his fault, just bad deflections. But then some of those picks were just "Dude, what in the hell was that?"

The only way he's gonna get any sort of Heisman consideration is if he cuts down on those bad decisions, which I hoped he had done over the summer. But oh well, he's still got time to right the ship. One loss won't destroy their season just yet.

I understand that and I'm not saying that would help his Heisman case. I was just making an observation.

Here is my observation:

Heather Cox is 5-10, and she and Kellen Moore were eye to eye..

I really do not know his NFL potential time will tell, but he seems to be the same height as (or shorter than) Heath Shuler.

UT coordinator Greg Davis said it pretty well as to why Bradford went before McCoy, "It's 6-foot-3/4 as opposed to about 6-5, that's part of it. And overall strength. When you're an NFL evaluator, there's a huge difference between 6-1 and 6-4 even. Major (Applewhite) will be the first to tell you. He said he battled that all his life."

Drew Brees is 6-0. Michael Vick is 6-0. Brees just won the Super Bowl and has had some very prolific passing seasons. Vick has had some amazing seasons in the past and might be starting again with the Eagles depending on Kolb's readiness to play. I'm not seeing the problem here for Kellen Moore in regards to height.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Drew Brees is 6-0. Michael Vick is 6-0. Brees just won the Super Bowl and has had some very prolific passing seasons. Vick has had some amazing seasons in the past and might be starting again with the Eagles depending on Kolb's readiness to play. I'm not seeing the problem here for Kellen Moore in regards to height.

Vick is also known for his running ability, which according to you doesn't matter at all for QBs so its pretty wierd you are saying he is good now. Plus Kellen Moore is lefty and he hasn't really shown much power, like I said before he will do no more then Colt Brennan did in the NFL, oh and about your Heisman campaign for him, Greg McElroy has better stats then him right now and they've thrown almost an identical number of passes and he plays better competition (I would definately say Penn State is better then Virginia Tech at the moment) and I doubt McElroy will ever have a chance at winning the Heisman.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I like Michael Vick. I like running quarterbacks. But until scrambling quarterbacks that lack accurate passing skills can consistently win Super Bowls, I'm going to continue prioritizing passing ability over running ability when it comes to quarterbacks.

Tim Tebow is left handed. Nobody's doubting his ability to succeed because of that. Steve Young was left handed. Didn't stop him from winning a Super Bowl.

As for power (and lack thereof), Chad Pennington built a long career based on accuracy over strength.

I know at this point that speculation on how these guys will do in the pros is bullcrap, but it's fun bullcrap nonetheless.

And it isn't just my Kellen Moore for Heisman campaign - ESPN has him first in their Heisman Watch rankings right now. McElroy has played better competition but he's also been surrounded by a ridiculous supporting cast of five-star recruits including a Heisman-winning running back. Kellen Moore's built a 25-1 record as a starter with a cast of players that larger programs passed over.

xLmjWVv.png

I like Michael Vick. I like running quarterbacks. But until scrambling quarterbacks that lack accurate passing skills can consistently win Super Bowls, I'm going to continue prioritizing passing ability over running ability when it comes to quarterbacks.

Tim Tebow is left handed. Nobody's doubting his ability to succeed because of that. Steve Young was left handed. Didn't stop him from winning a Super Bowl.

As for power (and lack thereof), Chad Pennington built a long career based on accuracy over strength.

I know at this point that speculation on how these guys will do in the pros is bullcrap, but it's fun bullcrap nonetheless.

And it isn't just my Kellen Moore for Heisman campaign - ESPN has him first in their Heisman Watch rankings right now. McElroy has played better competition but he's also been surrounded by a ridiculous supporting cast of five-star recruits including a Heisman-winning running back. Kellen Moore's built a 25-1 record as a starter with a cast of players that larger programs passed over.

Yeah and once again he plays crap competition, and McElroy hasn't lost a start since he was in the dang 8th grade, he is surrounded by 5-star talent but they play 5-star talent all the time unlike Boise State, and he still wins.

About the lefty thing, Steve Young was a pretty good runner too, plus he and Tebow are bigger then Moore. And no one has doubted Tebow? You must not watch much NFL, everyone talks about his throwing ability and how it might be the reason he can't play in the NFL. I'm not saying Moore will be bad because he is lefty, but he doesn't have a lot of strength either and that doesn't help him. ESPN Heisman rankings don't mean much either they had McCoy first at the end of last season and he ended up 3rd.

No, Alabama does not play 5-star talent all the time, unless you'd like to call San Jose State, Georgia State, Duke, even Ole Miss or Tennessee "5-star talent." Nobody plays 5-star talent all the time literally, there's always cupcakes on the schedule. But nice try.

Analysts talk about Tebow's throwing motion, they rarely bring up the left-handed thing, at least not from what I've seen. Then again, I think throwing motion is pretty overrated too, since Philip Rivers has a pretty strange throwing motion and still wins a lot of games and puts up MVP numbers. By the way, he faced questions about his throwing motion coming out of college too, didn't change a thing, and has silenced the skeptics.

Yeah, I guess ESPN's Heisman rankings are a bit of a crapshoot. I'm amazed Ingram's still on there considering how he hasn't played. Richardson belongs on there instead, he's a beast.

xLmjWVv.png

No, Alabama does not play 5-star talent all the time, unless you'd like to call San Jose State, Georgia State, Duke, even Ole Miss or Tennessee "5-star talent." Nobody plays 5-star talent all the time literally, there's always cupcakes on the schedule. But nice try.

Analysts talk about Tebow's throwing motion, they rarely bring up the left-handed thing, at least not from what I've seen. Then again, I think throwing motion is pretty overrated too, since Philip Rivers has a pretty strange throwing motion and still wins a lot of games and puts up MVP numbers. By the way, he faced questions about his throwing motion coming out of college too, didn't change a thing, and has silenced the skeptics.

Yeah, I guess ESPN's Heisman rankings are a bit of a crapshoot. I'm amazed Ingram's still on there considering how he hasn't played. Richardson belongs on there instead, he's a beast.

Okay I'll give you San Jose State (WAC team), Georgia State, I'll even give you Duke even though they have been building up from the team they used to be but Tennessee has some 5-Star Talent, they may not be that great this year but they definately get there share of recruits, and Ole Miss gets some pretty good players too, just look at their QB.

Yeah Richardson should definitely be on there instead of Ingram, I really think Ingram has no shot at repeating at all, Richardson is too good to keep out of the game and give Ingram all the stats.

Yeah, the Ingram/Richardson RB controversy is like the SEC version of Boise State's logjam at RB - D.J. Harper, Jeremy Avery, and Doug Martin are all good enough to start, and it must be awfully tricky for Petersen to balance their playing time appropriately. That's a good problem to have, anyway.

Richardson's only a sophomore, too. You pretty much have him on lock for at least one year remaining, and I don't think you'll see too much of a dropoff in RB production once Ingram leaves. Even though I can't stand the Crimson Tide, I'm impressed by your backfield.

xLmjWVv.png

Matt Leinart was a left-handed, Heisman Trophy winner and 2-time national champion at one of the biggest of the big football schools with USC.

And where's my good ol' boy Matty now? Cut for Derek Anderson and the 3rd stringer for the Texans.

I'm sorry to tell you, Steve Young is the exception to this argument. And Steve Young could also run. And had Jerry Rice.

And using Chad Pennington as a positive is a negative for any argument.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Seriously dude, how many QBs are there that can consistently win Super Bowls period? And I have to ask, for whom are you prioritizing these passing QBs over ones with running ability?

BB52Big.jpg

Seriously dude, how many QBs are there that can consistently win Super Bowls period? And I have to ask, for whom are you prioritizing these passing QBs over ones with running ability?

The Chargers

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I know your ex-quarterback didn't text death threats, but...glass houses much?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah and once again he plays crap competition, and McElroy hasn't lost a start since he was in the dang 8th grade, he is surrounded by 5-star talent but they play 5-star talent all the time unlike Boise State, and he still wins.

Isn't the story on McElroy that he has followed solid QBs?

Didn't start until his senior year of HS at SouthLake-Carroll because he was behind Chase Daniels?

Then didn't start at Alabama because he was behind John Parker Wilson?

He hasn't lost a start since 8th grade, but he's only been a starter for 2 years and 2 games of those 7 years.

I know your ex-quarterback didn't text death threats, but...glass houses much?

I never like Masoli so...

Stealing a Laptop and getting busted for pot < Making Death Threats to your girlfriend.

On a side note, Bravo Florida fans. A woman (or her sister depending on which story you hear/believe) comes forward and says her boyfriend has been stalking her and because he's Orange and Blue they decide to harass her:

"When the police came, I signed papers to not press any charges. I don't fear for my safety. ... People all over the country have been calling my cell phone. I'm not afraid of him. I'm more afraid of all the repercussions."

I swear I have a permanent red mark on my face from the constant /facepalming I do whenever I hear about the idiocy of SEC fans.

Archived