2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

To: Seadragon

Re: Nebraska dominating Washington.

Wasn't Locker supposed to be good or something. And wasn't Washington supposed to have fans?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy ending to the Montana-Eastern Washington game, pretty much what happened was: Field goal for EWU with 8 Seconds, kickoff and lateral to the 40. Crowd started rushing the field, unsportsmanlike conduct. Then they try to throw a hail mary, then a lineman scoops and scores.

ASU drives down for the TD that would tie the game and Wisconsin blocks the PAT. Nice.

So so so close. Just a missed assignment on the PAT and a stupid penalty on what would have been a three-and-out for Wisconsin to give the Devils the ball back and probably the win. The worst part was that was ASU's first penalty in the 2nd half.

I can only hope that this is a huge morale boost to ASU, because I know it can either be a huge boost or a huge downer. Especially with Oregon coming into Tempe next Saturday. They could use all the help.

I don't expect too much next week at Oregon, I just hope this game can translate to more things down the road this season (maybe a bowl?) and especially next season.

I won't be talking much smack to you over that. We really got away with one. Coach Bielema deserves the loss for kicking off to that guy at the end of the half. Lucky, that's all.

But overall, I don't feel too bad about the way Wisconsin played. A bit soft on "D" (and some injuries), but I think that was more ASU good than UW bad.

ASU is young, fast and has a good QB. Based on what I saw today, I'd say your "maybe a bowl" is not that lofty. They should have no problem becoming bowl eligable. Maybe a decent bowl?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

:shocked::blink:

4th and 5 in OT, trailing 31-28, and Michigan State goes for a fake field goal to beat Notre Dame, 34-31!

Definitely the gutsiest call I've seen in college football.

That was an incredible call. Good thing for Mark Dantonio that it worked. I'd imagine East Lansing would have been mighty upset if the Spartans don't make that play.

Great game. Same old Notre Dame.

EDIT: Just saw this at SI's website...

STEWART MANDEL

Just replayed MSU fake FG in real time on my TV. The stadium play clock did in fact hit :00 just before the snap.

Oops.

BB52Big.jpg

ASU drives down for the TD that would tie the game and Wisconsin blocks the PAT. Nice.

So so so close. Just a missed assignment on the PAT and a stupid penalty on what would have been a three-and-out for Wisconsin to give the Devils the ball back and probably the win. The worst part was that was ASU's first penalty in the 2nd half.

I can only hope that this is a huge morale boost to ASU, because I know it can either be a huge boost or a huge downer. Especially with Oregon coming into Tempe next Saturday. They could use all the help.

I don't expect too much next week at Oregon, I just hope this game can translate to more things down the road this season (maybe a bowl?) and especially next season.

I won't be talking much smack to you over that. We really got away with one. Coach Bielema deserves the loss for kicking off to that guy at the end of the half. Lucky, that's all.

But overall, I don't feel too bad about the way Wisconsin played. A bit soft on "D" (and some injuries), but I think that was more ASU good than UW bad.

ASU is young, fast and has a good QB. Based on what I saw today, I'd say your "maybe a bowl" is not that lofty. They should have no problem becoming bowl eligable. Maybe a decent bowl?

It's tough to know that a 1/2 yard and a block in the back took away two special teams touchdowns that would have gave ASU all the momentum and probably the win. But it was a hard fought game by both sides. No need for trash talk really. Just a good game. Disappointing is all.

But yeah, if today's Sun Devils team shows up the rest of the season, then they should have a great shot at a bowl. At 2-1 now, It's just a matter of winning 4 or 5 Pac-10 games. It's still a long road, and today would have been a huge help. I forgot if there was some rule about needing 7 wins depending on the amount of FCS schools, because ASU has played 2 FCS schools (Portland and NAU).

But I see two should wins (Wazzu and UCLA). Two road games with teams that looks vulnerable this week (Washington and Cal). Then gotta hope for either a road upset of U of A (which is always a close tight game no matter what) or a home upset of Stanford if they need that 7th win. I definitely don't see something happening this weekend at Oregon or being able to pull something off at Oregon State or USC. But again, it today's Sun Devils show up, you never know

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Uh, no. 31-10 two years ago says hi.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Wasn't Locker supposed to be good or something. And wasn't Washington supposed to have fans?

You heard it here first- Martinez for Heisman!

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

You heard it here first- Martinez for Heisman!

Uh, no. Beat someone worth a damn first before you start putting that guy up for the Heisman (And no, Western Kentucky, Idaho and a weak Washington team does NOT count. Neither will South Dakota State next week).

Priceless.

Nobody asked you, you little trash dump reject. Go back into your little corner and stay there. OK?

Just saw highlights from yesterday. I'm not sure why Arizona is wearing red, but those pants are pretty sweet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived