2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Just saw highlights from yesterday. I'm not sure why Arizona is wearing red, but those pants are pretty sweet.

We've had red alternates since Stoops took over, but we didn't start wearing red-red until two years ago.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Houston QB Case Keenum out for season w/ torn ACL.

Their 2nd stringer has a broken clavicle. Poor lil ol Houston.

They become the second team in Texas with such a poor QB situation. North Texas has the same issue, but at least Sumlin will keep his job. Todd Dodge will not be so lucky.

Curious AP ballots today.

1- Auburn is unranked by Steve Conroy (Boston Herald), yet he ranked Clemson #25.

2- Iowa is ranked still #10 (from 7) by Lisa Byington (WLNS-TV; Lansing, MI). I would give her a pass since she worked the UM/UMass game for BTN on Saturday so she may not have seen the game, however she has Stanford just up four spots.

3-LSU is unranked by two voters: Craig James and Rob Long (Fox Sports 1370-Baltimore). Long also has Notre Dame at 25 and Michigan State unranked. Look and his ballot and just wonder, WTF.

4-John Wilner (SJ Mercury News) voted for James Madison.

After following this site for three years, the coaches need to disclose their ballots.

Wow, someone's got us ranked #6? Awesome!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So much for that Heisman campaign. Any chance for an injury redshirt?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

He could get a medical redshirt granted if he and the school apply, however he was a redshirt as a freshman and he may not want to play a 6th college season. He was also cleared to play this week following a concussion and believe that his concussion may have played a role in his performance yesterday. .

He could get a medical redshirt granted if he and the school apply, however he was a redshirt as a freshman and he may not want to play a 6th college season. He was also cleared to play this week following a concussion and believe that his concussion may have played a role in his performance yesterday. .

You'd think he'd wanna come back if possible to be a 6th year Senior since he had a great shot at breaking NCAA Passing Yards and Touchdowns records. Of course, can't you only play in a minimum of 2 games to qualify for a medical redshirt?

6fQjS3M.png

You'd think he'd wanna come back if possible to be a 6th year Senior since he had a great shot at breaking NCAA Passing Yards and Touchdowns records. Of course, can't you only play in a minimum of 2 games to qualify for a medical redshirt?

Medical redshirt rules for all sports were changed in 2007.

Old rule: Competing in 20 percent of your team's games in a season.

Revised rule: Commpeting in 30 percent of your team's games.

However, since Case was already redshirted as a FROSH, I am not sure if he can still get a sixth season. There was a loophole when passed in 2007 for those who were who enrolled on or after Aug. 1, 2003, but that has since expired.

However, since Case was already redshirted as a FROSH, I am not sure if he can still get a sixth season. There was a loophole when passed in 2007 for those who were who enrolled on or after Aug. 1, 2003, but that has since expired.

Wouldn't he have a shot at the pros?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'd be surprised if he went before the last day.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'd be surprised if he went before the last day.

Better assessment. Case is "listed" at 6'2", so he would be seen at the combine as shorter. Plus since he was never in a pro system, the thoughts of a Houston QB will be as high as Kolb at best since Kingler and Ware still are seen as the prototype UH QB post-Bill Yeoman.

Then again, I just hope Tank knows who Bill Yeoman is.

Starting this week Alabama enters maybe the toughest gauntlet of games any team in the Nation has to face.

Sept 25th @ #10 Arkansas

October 2nd vs. #9 Florida

October 9th @ #12 South Carolina

This is where everyone expects this team to drop a game, either way it will be a great next three weeks of football.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Starting this week Alabama enters maybe the toughest gauntlet of games any team in the Nation has to face.

Sept 25th @ #10 Arkansas

This is where everyone expects this team to drop a game, either way it will be a great next three weeks of football.

Tough, definitely. Toughest in the nation the entire season? We shall see. I'm not saying it isn't, but do we really think Arkansas, Florida, and South Carolina are really 3 of the top 12 teams in the nation? Really?

Or is this just more, "Welp, uf corse it's thuh tuffist strech it's thuh Ess E See dats whur dey play reel footbaw!!" chest thumping?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Sept 25th @ #10 Arkansas

Tough, definitely. Toughest in the nation the entire season? We shall see. I'm not saying it isn't, but do we really think Arkansas, Florida, and South Carolina are really 3 of the top 12 teams in the nation? Really?

Or is this just more, "Welp, uf corse it's thuh tuffist strech it's thuh Ess E See dats whur dey play reel footbaw!!" chest thumping?

See what the polls do to people. :D

I like that Florida has to come to Tuscaloosa that may be the easiest of the games, Arkansas is looking good although at sometimes against Georgia I had an "I don't know look" about the Hogs and The Ole Ball Coach has the Gamecocks playing some really good ball but Stephen Garcia makes me unsure.

If Bama cruises through this part of the schedule I only see the trip to Death Valley and whoever survives the SEC East as it's a toss up between the Gamecocks and Gators as the only road blocks in Bama's quest to Glendale and even then it'll take a lot.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Alabama fans, If there's any "solace" to be taken in your next game, its that Arkansas is coached by Bobby Petrino. Just saying.

Also, Tide Nation, the City of Pensacola would like to say "you're welcome" re: Trent Richardson. :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm pretty sure Jordan Shipley played a sixth season at Texas last year.

Not trying to be that guy or anything, but don't you have to have already redshirted once to get a 6th year in the first place? Just sayin'...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

+1. I believe he did. And I also believe that he previously redshirted and was then granted a sixth year of play due to a medical hardship. If you have not previously redshirted, I'm pretty sure the NCAA would make you burn up your redshirt to sit out that season.

In other words, getting 6 years of play time means that Brigham Young's team will all be 35. :)

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

+1. I believe he did. And I also believe that he previously redshirted and was then granted a sixth year of play due to a medical hardship. If you have not previously redshirted, I'm pretty sure the NCAA would make you burn up your redshirt to sit out that season.

In other words, getting 6 years of play time means that Brigham Young's team will all be 35. :)

Aairon Savage of Auburn is the same way:

2005: Redshirt at Auburn

2006: All Freshman SEC

2007: Played

2008: Missed Season due to Preseason Injury

2009: Missed Season due to Injury

2010: Playing with Team

Archived