2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Can we go ahead and say JMU's win today is on-par with Appalachian State-Michigan?

I'll agree. What a game. Well worth the trip back up 81 soaking wet from rain all day long.

61510_437508739703_734819703_4867906_1117238_n.jpg

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we go ahead and say JMU's win today is on-par with Appalachian State-Michigan?

I'll agree. What a game. Well worth the trip back up 81 soaking wet from rain all day long.

61510_437508739703_734819703_4867906_1117238_n.jpg

Link

Pretty cool to hear the coach say that it was the biggest win of his career...coming from a guy who's won a National Title on the 1-AA level, so you know he's had his fair share of big victories. That one takes the cake.

Also, is it really a "shocker" if Wazzu loses to an FCS school? I mean, they've been one of the bottom barrel teams in the BCS conferences for a couple of years now, they were gonna lose to an FCS school eventually.

Denard Robinson has quickly become one of my favorite players ever in any sport. He seems really humble, tries to avoid all the attention, and has just completely carried this team in the two games he has started. He accounted for 502 yards (258 rushing/244 passing) and 3 TDs today. He seems to be as good of a person as he is a football player, and I look forward to being able to watch him for three seasons.

Oh, also, he can punt. He punted once today, and it was downed at the four. I think he could punt the ball, then run down the field and down it himself.

61577_467947368948_760828948_6701962_1457954_n.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Right now, James Madison victory against Virginia Tech is the biggest upset so far this season.

Uh......yeah. Also, I hear the sky is blue. Can you confirm it?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Yeah didn't realize the stats Robinson had today, he's the next Mike Vick (hopefully he makes better decisions :D) but I would definately say he's at the top of the Heisman race right now, Pryor hasn't looked as good as him and Ingram hasn't even played yet, plus he really wont have a chance anyways splitting carries with Richardson and Lacy.

Speaking of Alabama, that was a fun game to watch, the defense looked good at times but the fumble returned to the 2 was one of the worst plays I've ever seen. Lester picks up takes it to about the 15, Penn State WR strips the ball it gets kicked to the 2 then Kirkpatrick falls on top of it (looked to be down) and fumbled it again into the hands of Penn State. The Pass Defense did have 3 interceptions though so I'd say the Tide are rolling just fine at the moment, next stop Duke which I'll be going too B)

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

So LSU beat Vandy. YAWN.

Seriously, though, while the defense looks strong (lots of second stringers were in when UNC began their comeback attempt) LSU's offense looks wildly inconsistent. I think a lot of it starts with the O-line not providing sufficient protection, but Jordan Jefferson still makes too many bone-headed mistakes for a junior QB.

Miss State next week should be a real test for this team.

It is what it is.

Wazzu did survive against Montana State (Sad to say), so no upset there.

As for U-Dub... Took care of business against the Orange. It didn't start so well (10-0 before the Huskies got started), but the finish is what counts and boy did they finish. I'll give credit here: Syracuse is a good team. They'll go places under Marrone, but not yet. Give him another year.

Now bring on the Cornhuskers!

Can the Big Ten...

A) Just kick Minnesota out?

B) Trade Minnesota to the Big Twelve for Missouri and future considerations?

C) Replace Minnesota with an all-star team made up of the best players from the 4 major teams of North and South Dakota, henceforth referred to as "Dakota"?

None of the above. That was kinda funny.

Yeah didn't realize the stats Robinson had today, he's the next Mike Vick (hopefully he makes better decisions :D) but I would definately say he's at the top of the Heisman race right now, Pryor hasn't looked as good as him and Ingram hasn't even played yet, plus he really wont have a chance anyways splitting carries with Richardson and Lacy.

There's one problem with your "Robinson for Heisman" cause, and his name is Kellen Moore. Moore makes smart decisions when passing, is near-impervious to interceptions, and gets it done in clutch time (see: his game-winning drive against VT.) He doesn't have the speed of Denard Robinson but I'm thinking Moore will be more successful in the pros.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

There's one problem with your "Robinson for Heisman" cause, and his name is Kellen Moore. Moore makes smart decisions when passing, is near-impervious to interceptions, and gets it done in clutch time (see: his game-winning drive against VT.) He doesn't have the speed of Denard Robinson but I'm thinking Moore will be more successful in the pros.

Potential success in the NFL has nothing to do with Heisman voting.

BB52Big.jpg

LOL at Kellen Moore winning the Heisman or having success in the NFL, cause you know that worked out well for superstar WAC QBs like Colt Brennan and Jared Zabransky.. When Moore can puts up 250 yards Passing and Rushing against a decent team, then he can make a case against Robinson.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Jared Zabransky and Colt Brennan weren't superstars by any stretch of the imagination. Zabransky didn't even get the usual ESPN hype. Kellen Moore has played better overall competition than Brennan or Zabransky ever did.

And rushing yards for quarterbacks mean nothing to me. How many times do scrambling quarterbacks have to flop in the NFL before we start accepting the fact that good QB's need to be able to pass?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Jared Zabransky and Colt Brennan weren't superstars by any stretch of the imagination. Zabransky didn't even get the usual ESPN hype. Kellen Moore has played better overall competition than Brennan or Zabransky ever did.

And rushing yards for quarterbacks mean nothing to me. How many times do scrambling quarterbacks have to flop in the NFL before we start accepting the fact that good QB's need to be able to pass?

:rolleyes:

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

That just may be the dumbest thing you've posted today. And that's saying something. So you're saying that Terrelle Pryor's 113 rushing yards meant nothing in Ohio State's win over Miami? Or Robinson's 200+ meant nothing in Michigan's win over Notre Dame?

You keep talking about what it takes to be an NFL QB. None of that matters in college football. Kellen Moore isn't necessarily a better college QB than Denard Robinson just because Moore may have a better shot at playing in the NFL.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived