New Texas A&M Basketball Court

cajunaggie08

Here is a preview of the new court design for Texas A&M. They basically kept the same design from the past few season, but made the out-of-bounds maroon as opposed to the darker wood stain color. The aTm logo has been added as well replacing the stars that existed in the corners. I think this was an necessary step since the schools most famous logo was missing from the last court. The parquet flooring remains which people either love or hate. The biggest visible difference is the lack of wood staining. They aren't finished with the court yet so I suppose this could be added, but I prefer they leave it out. By having the state of Texas stained darker combined with the parquet floor, just too much was going on. Also, in certain photos the stain appears an orange color which never is a good thing in Aggieland. I think all the changes were a nice clean up of the design from the most successful period of A&M basketball.

New:

AggieCourt1.jpg

AggieCourt2.jpg

AggieCourt3.jpg

Old:

P1280011.jpg

The new one looks nice, but I have to admit, the one used last year and for the past few years was one of my all-time favorites. I don't know why, but every time I'd see it on TV I always thought "Dang, that's a cool court". It just had a very unique look about it.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Unique? Unique is original, that old floor just about everyone else throughout basketball had the double-stained look, whether it was parquet or not. The current look is better, but lanes need to be painted maroon and the state outline needs to about 20% larger then the tip off circle, make it maroon and put the aTm logo in the middle of it and you'd have a really nice looking court.

Unique? Unique is original, that old floor just about everyone else throughout basketball had the double-stained look, whether it was parquet or not. The current look is better, but lanes need to be painted maroon and the state outline needs to about 20% larger then the tip off circle, make it maroon and put the aTm logo in the middle of it and you'd have a really nice looking court.

Yes, unique. You don't see many courts with a massive stained-wood Texas on center court, do you? :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Everything's bigger in Texas. It's not enough that virtually every team based in Texas has the state flag someone on its uniform, or that the school in question has the word Texas IN ITS NAME and also PRINTED ON THE SIDELINES.

Peoople still forget.

The giant outline is needed, just so you can remember IT'S IN TEXAS.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Everything's bigger in Texas. It's not enough that virtually every team based in Texas has the state flag someone on its uniform, or that the school in question has the word Texas IN ITS NAME and also PRINTED ON THE SIDELINES.

Peoople still forget.

The giant outline is needed, just so you can remember IT'S IN TEXAS.

I thought the huuuuuuge star was there to remind people that IT'S IN TEXAS!!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

definitely an upgrade... but when I think of a parquet floor I think of the Boston Celtics, not Texas A&M

any other teams use parquet floors that I'm not aware of?

Kent State does. It's an inlay with the areas around the court being the regulare panel layout.

Trade the T-Star for the aTM, maroon up the lanes, and it's basically a winner. Death to the T-star!

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

definitely an upgrade... but when I think of a parquet floor I think of the Boston Celtics, not Texas A&M

any other teams use parquet floors that I'm not aware of?

Iowa. Seton Hall, when they played at the IZOD Center.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

I think the new court is much better. The stained Texas outline was, literally, a burnt orange Texas... Not the best idea.

They need to lose the outline altogether. It distracts from, well, everything else.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived