What number would you wear?

KJHillis

I've worn #77 ever since 8th grade fooball and all through high school sports. I've worn #77 on every hockey team I've played for from 18-31 except for the one year I wore #9 because the team set didn't have #77.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I played baseball when I was a kid, I was 1 because I was 8 and thought it'd be cool. Looking back, I'd have definitely picked a better number, especially seeing as the shirt was enormous and I, well, wasn't.

For basketball in high school, I was 52 because it was the only jersey we had left that was long enough that it would stay tucked into my shorts.

Whenever I play hockey, if I'm a forward I go with 91, or in the rare case that's taken 19 or 17. 91 for Fedorov, 19 because when I was about 4 or 5, my oldest brother made me a Team Canada jersey with my last name and 19 on it, or 17 because it's Wendel Clark's number and I loved him when I was a kid. If I'm a goalie, I go with 1 (Damian Rhodes' number, or just stick with 91.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

If I played

NFL it would be #99 For my birthdate 11+13+75=99

MLB & NHL I would chose #13 Born on Novemebr 13

NBA I would chose #44 for Danny Ainge my faborite player of all-time in the NBA.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

i played soccer, baseball, softball and Aussie Rules, and when I could pick it was always 51. The reason i chose 51 was when i first started playing baseball in Croatia, I was given a jersey with number 15, since the team had numbers from 1 to 25, and it was just boring to see straight numbers from 1 to 25, I gave the jersey to my mum and told her to unstitch and revers numbers, so I got me number 51, and since then I had 51 everywhere I could choose. While playing at Grand Canyon U i was given number 30, at Zagreb Hawks Aussie rules I'm 4, at Croatian softball national team I was 19.

I'm not sure why but I was a huge Jackie Robinson fan growing up. Its not weird cause he was an all time great and broke the color barrier, however for a middle class white kid in the midwest to use Jackie Robinson's number was a bit strange.

Anyway, he's the reason my baseball number was #42. I also wear that for softball and if i'm playing an eligible position in football.

I wore #21 in hockey for Peter Forsberg and would wear that in baseball if 42 was unavailable. Coincidence that its half of 42.

And last I wore #57 all the way through football. It was assigned to me my freshman year and I just kept it all the way through college. Turns out one of my favorite players in the NFL (Olin Kruetz) wears it as well but that was also coincidence...

I swear this has been covered before, but it's still a cool topic.

Anyway, whenever I have a choice, I go with 16 because that is my birthday (and I always liked Scott McGregor when I was growing up). It is my current softball number, replacing 32, which I took when 16 wasn't available a few years ago.

My backup numbers are --

8 -- My birth month and 1/2 of 16.

4 -- Square root of 16, Earl Weaver and I just think 4 is a cool looking number.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

If I had a choice of any number now, I'd pull a Benito Santiago and stick a 0 in front of a single-digit number. I'll go with #04 and say the 4 is in honor of Ralph Kiner.

I thought of doing that on my city league squad until I realized "05" would just remind people of FUBU. Then I considered doing it with another number, but it just made me think of the "0-somenumber" FUBU knockoffs you find at the swap meet for $15. Eventually I decided to just stick with 5 when everyone else chose double-digits.

#27.

My birthday is 4/27, and I picked up the tradition from my Dad, who's number is 19 (4/19).

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

month of birth, i like the look of it, tom brady, and at the time i ultimately settled on this number bill mueller was tearing it up on the 03 red sox.

second choices would be 5 (nomar was my fav player growing up), 7 (day of birth) 9 (prob just for baseball for teddy ballgame), and 23 (i like the look of it)

When I was a kid it was either 7 or 77 (loved the number 7) or 14 (Jim Rice).

As an adult, #29 or #22, because those were the numbers of the only jerseys on my softball team that fit me.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

That's an easy one for me. I'd wear #27. I always have in just about every sport I've ever played. The only other numbers I've had to wear are #7, #10, and #11. In high school I ran track, still had it. I was a running back, still had it (and it was actually cool then because Eddie George wore it). I also wrestled, but we don't wear numbers for that. My worst sport is basketball, and although in high school and college you can't wear 27, in the NBA you can.

As to where it came from...my birthday is 7/27 (today actually). Both 7 and 27 have been lucky numbers for me.

27s.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived