2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

71 should pay for his own flight home, but nonetheless he doesnt hold Orakpo, and Romos on his back and the Skins win anyway!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Reid says Kolb is still starter, The really question is how bad is Kolb's concussion.

Also Skins hold on as the Boys got called for Holding woooooooooooooooooooo!

Alex Barron cost Dallas the game.

ROFLMAO.

Seriously, that made my week a lot better. It's hilarious seeing him do this for another team.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I can't wait to see BBTV comment on the Eagles, but it seems the Kevin Kolb experiment didn't work out too well. I'm not a fan of Donovan McNabb in any way, shape, or form. However, it looks like Michael Vick is going to be way better for the Eagles in the long-term.

I was never sold on Kolb, and from listening to every analyst, including the locals in Philadelphia, you would've thought he was the second coming. Not to mention, in every game I watched him play last year he could sure put up some nice statistics when the game was out of reach, but he couldn't win when push came to shove. Besides, it wouldn't surprise me a bit (although I don't see it happening) if Donovan McNabb has a rebirth under Mike Shanahan like John Elway did. Though once again, I'm not expecting the Redskins to win much this year. It always seems former Eagles like Cris Carter, Reggie White, etc. always go on the better things once they leave the City of Brotherly Love.

How in the world can anyone say that the "experiment" didn't work out too well? After one half of football? He struggled, and played very poorly at times. It was just one of those games. To dismiss him after a single half would be idiotic.

I don't think anyone "sold" him as the second coming, but he has everything necessary to be a very good player for a long time. What the hell are you talking about every game you saw him play he put up good stats when the game was out of reach? He only played in three games - and with the possible exception of when he took over for McNabb in week 1, the other two were starts - hardly when the game was out of reach.

Seriously - the "experiment didn't work out too well"? That's just stupid. If he struggles like this the entire season, then maybe it's a valid statement. After 30 minutes of football though?

Also, it's clear you really don't know much about those players you mentioned. Cris Cater was killing himself with cocaine, and Buddy Ryan basically gave him every chance to go to rehab, and when he kept messing up, he got cut. That pretty much scared him straight. He was good in Philadelphia, he just had a drug problem.

Reggie White was a hall of famer based on what he did with the Eagles. He won a ring with the Packers, but I'm pretty sure that only an idiot would say that he got "better" once he left.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I can't wait to see BBTV comment on the Eagles, but it seems the Kevin Kolb experiment didn't work out too well. I'm not a fan of Donovan McNabb in any way, shape, or form. However, it looks like Michael Vick is going to be way better for the Eagles in the long-term.

I was never sold on Kolb, and from listening to every analyst, including the locals in Philadelphia, you would've thought he was the second coming. Not to mention, in every game I watched him play last year he could sure put up some nice statistics when the game was out of reach, but he couldn't win when push came to shove. Besides, it wouldn't surprise me a bit (although I don't see it happening) if Donovan McNabb has a rebirth under Mike Shanahan like John Elway did. Though once again, I'm not expecting the Redskins to win much this year. It always seems former Eagles like Cris Carter, Reggie White, etc. always go on the better things once they leave the City of Brotherly Love.

How in the world can anyone say that the "experiment" didn't work out too well? After one half of football? He struggled, and played very poorly at times. It was just one of those games. To dismiss him after a single half would be idiotic.

I don't think anyone "sold" him as the second coming, but he has everything necessary to be a very good player for a long time. What the hell are you talking about every game you saw him play he put up good stats when the game was out of reach? He only played in three games - and with the possible exception of when he took over for McNabb in week 1, the other two were starts - hardly when the game was out of reach.

Seriously - the "experiment didn't work out too well"? That's just stupid. If he struggles like this the entire season, then maybe it's a valid statement. After 30 minutes of football though?

Also, it's clear you really don't know much about those players you mentioned. Cris Cater was killing himself with cocaine, and Buddy Ryan basically gave him every chance to go to rehab, and when he kept messing up, he got cut. That pretty much scared him straight. He was good in Philadelphia, he just had a drug problem.

Reggie White was a hall of famer based on what he did with the Eagles. He won a ring with the Packers, but I'm pretty sure that only an idiot would say that he got "better" once he left.

White was good with the Packers too, I think his best years were clearly with the Eagles, but he was still great in Green Bay just a wee bit older.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSYDYI4F4xs

#1 - He's right. THAT'S...A MOTHER...:censored: ING...TOUCHDOWN!!!!!. Made the catch in the endzone, both feet down, butt hit the ground, still had the ball. If that's not a touchdown, then the NFL itself needs touchdown lessons or some :censored:. Worst correct call ever.

#2 - You will never be as mad about football results as that fella is. :P

Who the :censored: is Arian Foster?

Seriously Colts?

I'm not too phased by it. The Colts offense looked great as always. The rushing defense definitely needs some shoring up, and it doesn't help that Bob Sanders reinjured himself again.

This is only the second time Houston has beaten the Colts. The Texans are an improving team, as always, and I expect them to be in the playoffs finally this year, as always. But it's only Week 1. It was a divisional road game. It was gonna be tough and the Texans rose to the challenge.

If the Texans beat the Colts in Indy, then I'll be worried. But it's just the first game. I still expect the Colts to be good for 11 or 12 wins. I still expect the Colts to win the division. And they still have four-time NFL MVP Peyton Manning. They'll be fine.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Colts need a win next week, after a winless preseason, in which their defense was stepped all over, and a week 1 where the defense was turned into Swiss Cheese again, they can't afford to lose like that again or they can start a nose dive.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSYDYI4F4xs

#1 - He's right. THAT'S...A MOTHER...:censored: ING...TOUCHDOWN!!!!!. Made the catch in the endzone, both feet down, butt hit the ground, still had the ball. If that's not a touchdown, then the NFL itself needs touchdown lessons or some :censored:. Worst correct call ever.

#2 - You will never be as mad about football results as that fella is. :P

1) No touchdown. This is the National Football League, where the best of the best play. How it goes, especially now in the era of instant replay, catch the ball and hold onto the damn thing. If an NFL wide receiver isn't able to secure the football in that kind of a situation, then it's an incomplete pass in my eyes.

2) IT'S THE DETROIT :censored:ING LIONS! WHO :censored:ING CARES IF THEY GET SCREWED OUT OF WHAT'LL BE THEIR ONLY :censored:ING WIN OF THE :censored:ING YEAR?? :censored:!

6uXNWAo.png

Beyond the fact that there are actual football games that count being played, my favorite part of football season is the overreaction of fans immediatly following every single goddamn mother:censored:ing game. It's awesome! :P

Seriously. Can you believe some of this :censored: after all of one game has been played? The Kolb experiment is a failure. The 49ers are done. The Colts are already in a "must win" situation. The Lions are already looking to next season.

It's hilarious.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

They really need to fix that. If a guy can basically be running out of bounds but stick the ball past the pylon & be given credit for a touchdown (sometimes without even setting foot in the endzone), then how can a guy catch & land with the ball (in the endzone!) & not be given credit for it? Yeah it's the correct rule, but it's high time they fix it. There's been WAY too much controversy over that rule in the past few years, and you'd think the NFL would've had the sense to fix it. Hell, they even considered it & still didn't fix it. Bet they do something about it in time for next season, though.

EDIT: Flawless Victory.

They really need to fix that. If a guy can basically be running out of bounds but stick the ball past the pylon & be given credit for a touchdown (sometimes without even setting foot in the endzone), then how can a guy catch & land with the ball (in the endzone!) & not be given credit for it? Yeah it's the correct rule, but it's high time they fix it. There's been WAY too much controversy over that rule in the past few years, and you'd think the NFL would've had the sense to fix it. Hell, they even considered it & still didn't fix it. Bet they do something about it in time for next season, though.

EDIT: Flawless Victory.

I think the NFL needs to make a cohesive rule before Week 2, if they want to keep any dignity.

EDIT: Fatality! :)

Exactly. Call me crazy but I think that catch counts if it's Big Ben throwing to Santonio Holmes or if it's Tom Brady hitting Randy Moss or St. Brett hitting anyone. And so on. Like a lot of NFL rules, the "process/second act" rule or whatever the hell they call it is every bit as convenient as it is subjective.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

In the first game, he didn't to do too well. I wouldn't say the Kolb experiment was a complete failure (I'll save that for if he doesn't do well at all this year), but I think it didn't look good that the offense seemed to look a lot better with Michael Vick under center. If Vick had struggled, then I wouldn't have said anything about Kolb. But whether it's been the so-called experts Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, singing Kolb's praises and possible potential last year (the game vs. the Saints), or people like Mark Mayock or others on the NFL Network bringing up his game-by-game statistics and fawning over them. For example, they made a big deal about how Kolb became the first quarterback in NFL history to throw for more than 300 yards in each of his first two career starts.

Who cares about a stat like that, really. But from those so-called experts to fantasy nerds bragging about him, I expected him to fall flat on his face like this. Yes, it's only the first week, but it didn't help his case that the offense seemed way more effective with Vick in at quarterback.

When it comes to his stats, they came against either bad competition, or against a team like the Saints, when in the second half of their 2009 matchup he managed to throw for 391 yards, but also for 3 interceptions. I'm not going to mention the 2008 Baltimore game, because that wasn't one of his starts.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I don't see Kolb as the answer, long-term, regardless of the tools he has. Joe Flacco, Tom Brady, and Joe Montana didn't have the tools to succeed, but they've done pretty well for themselves respectively. I find it also interesting how much talent the Eagles have acquired over the years and havethey've managed to waste it, whether they have substance abuse issues due to the stress (I know about Cris Carter's cocaine issues, and Philadelphia drafting him when the issue was rumored to be true was just ill-advised), or players who simply couldn't do enough to get them over the hump (Wilbert Montgomery, Harold Carmichael, Randall Cunningham, Reggie White, etc.), or those players who're run out of town like Donovan McNabb.

Does Philadelphia really think Kolb's the long-term answer? Do they have enough patience to stick by him in what could possibly be a rebuilding year? I used to go to Eagles games at Veterans Stadium back in the late 80's/early 90's and am fairly well-versed in their history. But I think you know as well as I do that Andy Reid has worn out his welcome in Philadelphia, and that Eagles fans aren't too patient when it comes to their team rebuilding for too long, so I'm personally skeptical about Kolb being the answer and the Packers game just reaffirmed my doubts.

Man... This :censored: ing sucks. The one time Choice decides he should have his first career fumble, is a fumble recovery for a touchdown. Way to go 'Boys... <_<

First impression, the Cowboys defense is extremely good at stopping the opposing offense from scoring. 3 straight plays at the 5, and the 'Skins still couldn't get past the 'Boys D. No offensive touchdowns for the day, against the Cowboys.

That is some good news for my Cowboys...

Here's the bad news... Our offensive play-calling sucks. Really bad actually. I mean, c'mon Garret! Two straight Wide Receiver Screens to Bryant?? Back-to-back?? This insanity doesn't stop here! He called a play that pitches the ball to Barber on a sweep... then another where the play calls for Felix pounding it up the middle? That, to me, makes no damn sense.

Second impression, our offense lost the game. Not the D. Our D stopped them when we needed to, but our offense couldn't deliver. Romo played great, our running backs did the best they could, Austin had another good day, and most of our wideouts played well...

But our o-line! Actually, just Barron. God. I hope he doesn't start, play another down for the Cowboys. He was getting beat all day, and he had that penalty to lose us this game... Right when I thought we stole it back. Disgusting. Who'd have thought, that our defense is elite, but our offense is mediocre at best...

Gotta win these next two games. Don't wanna fall behind with the schedule that we have this year.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived