Australian Baseball League

Primal

The six clubs that will participate in the revamped Australian Baseball League (ABL) have been named and logos revealed. Baseball has struggled for mainstream attention here since the early 1990s and the league folded in '99, so these are by no means going to be earth shattering.

Adelaide Bite

87079.jpg

Brisbane Bandits

87080.jpg

Canberra Cavalry

87081.jpg

Melbourne Aces

87082.jpg

Perth Heat

87083.jpg

Sydney Bluesox

87078.jpg

The Bandits and the Heat have survived (in name) from the previous ABL and the Heat logo has largely survived as well. The Bite and Aces names have been adapted from earlier state team names.

• 2 months later...

Uniforms have been revealed

From Melbourne Aces launch

90248.jpg

From League launch

85000.jpg

Attended the Aces launch. Home and Road uniforms differ only in the colour of the pants (white/grey as you'd expect). I was disappointed, hoping for a full home/road/alt set.

I'm guessing it'll be the same deal for the other clubs with the exception of Perth Heat.

Contrary to what can be seen in the background of the Aces shot, Melbourne's uniforms will almost certainly have NOBs, they only seem to have finished half of them.

Sydney Bluesox

87078.jpg

Mind = Blown

Seriously all of these logos are crap (melbourne Aces is the only one that is decent).

On the game though i dont know if it can survive here, cricket is pretty the preferred bat n ball sport.

122opcw.jpg

Are those 59Fiftys they're wearing? If so, where can I pick one up?

Yes they are, and that was my thought exactly.

They're available here, but very pricey - $49.95 AUD, which is essentially even with the US dollar. Factor in shipping and they're going to run you 60 bucks a pop. :wacko:

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Sydney Bluesox

87078.jpg

Mind = Blown

Seriously all of these logos are crap (melbourne Aces is the only one that is decent).

On the game though i dont know if it can survive here, cricket is pretty the preferred bat n ball sport.

I do not think the intention is to challenge Cricket on any level but to provide a niche sport and a potential pipeline to the US or Asian systems. Much like the MLS in the states, they know they will never reach the level of MLB or NFL but it does provide a pro level for those that enjoy soccer.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

They're trying this again, huh? Well, I hope it survives as at least a niche league for a while, as was mentioned earlier. As for the logos/team identities, I love Melbourne's and don't care for most of the others although I do like what I think might be wordplay on Adelaide's geographical location. But "BlueSox"? Really, Sydney?

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

As long as Dave Nilssen doesn't own it again, it's worth a shot. That Blue Sox cap might be worth a buy and that Melbourne mark is the best of the bunch.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

lolspambot

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

prom dresses

Choosing a bridesmaid is an important thing.prom dresses Unless you can afford to have everyone one you know, or you only have one friend, this decision can be one of the hradest to make. If you?ve been to University you probably have a huge crowd of friends and choosing one that is going to be your right hand lady for the day, without upsetting everyone else is hard.

wedding dresses

I?d been bridemais 5 times by the time it was my turn to get married and the normal thing to do would have been to return the favour,wedding dresses but I didn;t really want that many.

wedding gowns

So,wedding gowns I stuck to my guns - chose the friend that I?d known the longest and had more or less grown up with and then had little ones.

wedding dresses

I asked those that wedding dresses felt they?d been left out to be involved in other ways?one helped me to organise my Hen party as my bridesmaid lived away and didn?t really know any of my local friends. Another did a reading in the church ceremony for me and others just made sure I had a cracking day!

Awesome. I've been looking but couldn't decide where to go. I think that buying one online would be the best, most logical choice.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived