Clippers Unveil New Uniforms

ThePreacher

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They look like college jerseys...

The remind me of these atrocities: john-wall-259x360.jpg

THIS is what a Clippers uni should look like: Los+Angeles+Clippers+v+Charlotte+Bobcats+IyIbRMhFpRkl.jpg

NBA uniforms should look like tank-tops, and NOT t-shirts with the sleeves cut off. It's just gross.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Having the collar-insert logo so low as to appear floating in the middle, which in turn forces the script to be lower and smaller than it's supposed to be, is bad design. No way around it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Having the collar-insert logo so low as to appear floating in the middle, which in turn forces the script to be lower and smaller than it's supposed to be, is bad design. No way around it.

Agreed. That just looks so awkward to me. I'm also undecided on the side stripe, especially on how it terminates at the bottom of the shorts. On one hand, it does look different, but I can't tell if it's good or bad. Need to see more pics of it (and probably in action as well).

As has been said, these are just poorly designed, and I promise you they will either be fixed before this season or next offseason. They just look so awkward that everyone will notice. Also, with the home jersey: Dodgers influence?

THIS is what a Clippers uni should look like: Los+Angeles+Clippers+v+Charlotte+Bobcats+IyIbRMhFpRkl.jpg

NBA uniforms should look like tank-tops, and NOT t-shirts with the sleeves cut off. It's just gross.

I completely agree with you. They look so awkward on, and their arms seem restricted. Other things I hate about it: the neckline and the placement of the text.

But unfortunately, even with all of these things fixed, their uniforms would still be tragic and boring. I hope they remedy this soon.

SIGNATURE.png

Not even remotely ugly - it's actually a very classy modernized evolution of the uniforms they've used in the past, IMO. I do wish that the alt logo and the scripts were up higher on the uniforms, but it's a nice look overall.

I completely agree... It's not that bad at all.

I think people like to hate on the Clippers just because they're the Clippers.

I think the problem is that they made such a big deal about their (1) new logo and (2) new uniforms. In reality, these were both refinements but nothing new.

I believe if they wouldn't have made a big deal about it, we would have eventually noticed and appreciated the subtle refinements as a move forward. Instead, we were expecting something new, different, and now feel somewhat let down.

PR problem but that's nothing new for the Clippers.

I for one like them. I know the 'LC' logo in the middle of the jersey looks a little awkward, but it may be the beginning of a new jersey style in the NBA.

That's exactly what scares me.

I think people like to hate on the Clippers just because they're the Clippers.

Not at all. I'm a HUGE Lakers fan, but I've always admired the Clippers minimalist, classic and simple uniform design. Now that they've gone the way of Kentucky (and other unfortunate college teams), they finally look how they play: Horrible.

Before they looked like a classy team that wasn't playing up to their uniforms' standard of excellence. Donald Sterling has now fixed that.

Gross, just gross.

So many things wrong with these unis... most points have been touched on here already like the striping on the shorts. Really? What the heck is that!?

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Before they looked like a classy team that wasn't playing up to their uniforms' standard of excellence. Donald Sterling has now fixed that.

Agreed. I always liked their uniforms even if the team sucked. Now they messed up the one thing they had going for them.

Agreed. I always liked their uniforms even if the team sucked. Now they messed up the one thing they had going for them.

Glad I'm not alone on this. I wasn't sure how many people shared my opinion...

However, I have noticed that people born in the 80's (and earlier) like myself enjoy the Lakers, Clippers, Pistons and 76ers duds... Those born in the 90's (bafflingly enough) enjoy such unis as the Thunder and bag on the brilliance that are the new GSW's unis. For shame.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Not like god awful, but that script placement is pretty unforgivable. I mean its awkwardly low. I'd love to see someone lay ANY other authentic next to that jersey and compare. I bet its a good inch or two lower than the standard placement. Just looks weird.

Archived