Clippers Unveil New Uniforms

ThePreacher

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else agree with Bill Simmons that the Jazz and Hornets should swap names?

Consider unposting that.

Preacher... Consider unposting that.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Next person on the boards who repeats that stupid "the Jazz and Hornets should totally change names AMIRITE?" meme gets whatever is coming to him. This will be mod-team approved.

The Clippers jerseys are neither better nor worse than the comments in this thread would have you believe. They are not the second coming of Hendrix, nor did they rape your babies. They are decent, if aesthetically unproven, updates to what they had, and are better than the previous set.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

For real? I'm a Lakers fan and I love what the Jazz and Warriors have done in the off-season aesthetically.

Why would who you're a fan of have anything to do with what you find aesthetically pleasing?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WOW! Those Jazz uniforms are the worst, cheapest looking things I have ever seen in the league.

For real? I'm a Lakers fan and I love what the Jazz and Warriors have done in the off-season aesthetically.

At least they don't have friggin MOUNTAINS on them!!

ps) Anyone else agree with Bill Simmons that the Jazz and Hornets should swap names? Makes a helluva lot more sense than what they currently have.

Or how about the New Orleans Jazz and the Salt Lake City Saints? That'd be legit.

That nickname would fit well IMO!

the children are the future!

Next person on the boards who repeats that stupid "the Jazz and Hornets should totally change names AMIRITE?" meme gets whatever is coming to him. This will be mod-team approved.

Whoa guys, calm down. I'm not exactly a n00b here anymore (I know the cardinal sin on this site is plagarism of concepts), but I had no idea that quoting Simmons was considered as felonious as high treason in these parts..

Why would who you're a fan of have anything to do with what you find aesthetically pleasing?

Believe it or not, I have friends who refuse to acknowledge that any team's unis besides their own are aesthetically awesome. Especially when it comes to rivals. That being said - I HATE the Celtics, but LOVE their unis.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Whoa guys, calm down. I'm not exactly a n00b here anymore (I know the cardinal sin on this site is plagarism of concepts), but I had no idea that quoting Simmons was considered as felonious as high treason in these parts..

Believe it or not, I have friends who refuse to acknowledge that any team's unis besides their own are aesthetically awesome. Especially when it comes to rivals. That being said - I HATE the Celtics, but LOVE their unis.

The point isn't that you quoted Simmons, it's that pretty much any thread about either the Jazz or Hornets inevitably turns into exactly what's going on right now.

They look like college jerseys...

The remind me of these atrocities: john-wall-259x360.jpg

THIS is what a Clippers uni should look like: Los+Angeles+Clippers+v+Charlotte+Bobcats+IyIbRMhFpRkl.jpg

NBA uniforms should look like tank-tops, and NOT t-shirts with the sleeves cut off. It's just gross.

You realize the blue Clippers jersey IS a sleeveless shirt, rather than a tank top. Look at the Bobcats jersey in the background for comparison. Or, for that matter, the other two Clippers jerseys later in the thread.

If the Clippers would address the issue with the position of the wordmarks, these would be a huge upgrade.

I like the color change for the Jazz--it's much more identifiable than the generic light blue/dark blue--but the uniforms feel like retro for retro's sake, almost as if they were determined to make everything as simplistic as they possibly could. It kinda feels like an overreaction to the previous identity.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I don't think these are terrible by any means. The LAC logo is a bit low, causing the wordmark to be low on the shirt, but it's not terrible. The design is pretty clean.

The only have 2 problems with these uniforms:

1.) the huge ass logo on the shorts.

2.) They remind me of the Atlanta Hawks and 76ers uniforms from a few years ago.

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/6/220/full/lgghljfy2ebr3fus9lh6gytvo.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/6/218/full/8ffpn51l1a128n765ckh6xosk.gif

Other than that, they are nice uniforms... Could be worse. They could have a huge silhouette of a ship with "Los Angeles Clippers" covering the entire front of the uniform.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Uniform notwithstanding, Blake Griffin looks really strange. Look at that up there. He looks like a CGI rendering of a putty sculpture.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.. He looks like he just hopped outta NBA Live.

Hey hey hey hey, watch what you say about our savior haha, j/p, but honestly, the homes i think are really great, the roads could use a little work, and guarantee that all the awkward design problems are fixed within two years, that is if Donald Sterling isn't too cheap to do anything, and that is a big IF

Clippers.jpgclipsy.jpg

got bored.

It?s definitely an improvement but outside of this board, I don?t think many people will really care about the positioning of the wordmark.

I agree. If only they would move the wordmark higher up on the jersey(both home & road), also I don't mind the chest insignia if it would become more of a "bottom of the neckline" smaller rendition of the insignia(or scrap it). I also thing the wordmark should be a tad bit larger. Other than that...not too shabby for the other Staples Center inhabitants.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Archived