NHL Players' New Numbers for 2010-2011

Sabrejeff

Rob Schremp is changing from 13 to 44

The number he wore in junior in London, and in Edmonton I believe.

He said on Twitter it's because 8 was taken when he was little (so 4 + 4 = 8), and because 44 was the favorite number of a late family friend (probably because he's from Syracuse).

1zgyd8w.jpg

Already announced that Mike Modano will wear #90 for Detroit. Ruslan Salei gets his usual #24. Jakub Kindl switches from #46 to #4.

All the rest are prospects.

Upon reading that article, I thought, "why the hell did they bring back Joey MacDonald?"

Daniel Larsson bolted for Sweden so they needed someone other than Thomas McCollum in GR. Better than Dan Cloutier.

He only got to wear #44 in Edmonton for one training camp and one regular season game (2006-07). He wore #88 the rest of the time because Pronger (2005-06) or Souray (2007-08 to present) had it.

He only got to wear #44 in Edmonton for one training camp and one regular season game (2006-07). He wore #88 the rest of the time because Pronger (2005-06) or Souray (2007-08 to present) had it.

#33 actually, during the Pronger era. Then back to #44. Then #88 when Souray came along.

New Lightning numbers per Erik Erlendsson

Sean Bergenheim - 10

Dominic Moore - 19

Simon Gagne - 12

Ryan Malone - 6

Brett Clark - 7

Pavel Kubina - 13 (duh)

Nicklas Persson - 23

Johan Harju - 24

Marc Pouliot - 34

Chris Durno - 37

That's about it for players that have a shot at making the Bolts that have new numbers.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Willie Mitchell will wear #33 for the Kings as Kevin Wesgarth gave that number up to take #19. I do find it an interesting choice for Frolov in New York, I was pretty sure he was going to go with #00, because that's basically what he'll be in New York. It's perfect for a stealth agent like he is, you never know when he's on the ice, he's that invisible!

New Lightning numbers per Erik Erlendsson

Sean Bergenheim - 10

Dominic Moore - 19

Simon Gagne - 12

Ryan Malone - 6

Brett Clark - 7

Pavel Kubina - 13 (duh)

Nicklas Persson - 23

Johan Harju - 24

Marc Pouliot - 34

Chris Durno - 37

That's about it for players that have a shot at making the Bolts that have new numbers.

I wonder what Gagne had to give Malone to get the 12?....

SigReflect.png

Archived