New Japanese Baseball Unis

CDunn

saw this on Fanhome(which I check about once a year) and didn't see it here, so I'll post it.

First up in the new uni department are the Nippon Ham Fighters. For the people who like those terrible Thrashers 3rds.

Fighters

The Chunichi Dragons are also sporting a new look. These would be alright if it were not for the stripe that appears to be running down the side of the torso of the jersey under the guy's arm. Also, notice the interlocking CD on the Dragons script. The white stripe on the blue jersey looks thicker than the blue stripe on the white jersey. Am I alone in thinking this?

Dragons

Finally, the Seibu Lions. Not sure how much green they used in the past, but it's pretty much gone now save part of the logo. Nike made the unis, which is fitting because the striping is very Nike-esque.

Lions1

Lions2

I like the Ham Fighters the best too.

But personally, I'm wondering where the Dragons got that LA Dodger font. I mean, look at it! The word "Dragon" is written EXACTLY like a Dodger jersey.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

...I'm wondering where the Dragons got that LA Dodger font. I mean, look at it! The word "Dragon" is written EXACTLY like a Dodger jersey.

That was the point, I think... The Dragons used to emulate the Dodgers' unis almost exactly. Check out the movie Mr. Baseball with Tom Selleck to see an example. And then there's the Hiroshima Carp, who totally ripped off the Reds...

My one word reaction to the Fighters' look: "Fulham."

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

I really like these, especially the Lions. I'd like the Fighters more if they were symetrical, but truth be told, I like them all better than about 90% of American baseball uniforms.

on the subject of Japanese teams taking on the look of MLB teams, gotta add the most glaring example, the Yomiuri Giants (why can't they make it easy and just say Tokyo Giants?). Somewhere along the line the two Giants' styles veered away from each other (i suspect during the 70s) which explains some notable differences.

Chunichi...taking a trip very far away from Dodgerland there. "Tip your hat! TIP YOUR HAT!!!" :D

the Fighters...good idea.

Lions...ehh...it's a big meh. doesn't do anything for me

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

the best new look of those three is Seibu's. Its different, but still has somewhat of a legitimate baseball feel

the Fighters....uh.....who do we blame on this one-sleeve deal, Fulham FC or the Thrashers?

and Chunichi, I despise for an obvious reason :evil:

I see you're a Yomiuri fan huh? :D

I saw, I came, I left.

A symmetrical Nippon Ham Fighter jersey would've been much better. On another note, they should have a beat-up pig as their mascot... I know, Nippon Ham is the sponsor... who cares... they should embrace the ham fighters within them.

Out of these, I like Seibu's the best, and Chunichi's is pretty meh...

...but at least they aren't boring!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

on the subject of Japanese teams taking on the look of MLB teams, gotta add the most glaring example, the Yomiuri Giants (why can't they make it easy and just say Tokyo Giants?). Somewhere along the line the two Giants' styles veered away from each other (i suspect during the 70s) which explains some notable differences.

Chunichi...taking a trip very far away from Dodgerland there. "Tip your hat! TIP YOUR HAT!!!" :D

the Fighters...good idea.

Lions...ehh...it's a big meh. doesn't do anything for me

The reason is that in Japan, the teams are named by the company that owns them. This is mainly because most teams are in Tokyo and Osaka (with some exceptions). Yomiuri, for example, is a News company, I think.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

the best new look of those three is Seibu's. Its different, but still has somewhat of a legitimate baseball feel

the Fighters....uh.....who do we blame on this one-sleeve deal, Fulham FC or the Thrashers?

and Chunichi, I despise for an obvious reason  :evil:

I see you're a Yomiuri fan huh? :D

no, Im a fan of the american team Yominuri took thier name and colors from :hockeysmiley:

I'll take barnyard animals for 200, Alex.

My one word reaction to the Fighters' look: Fulham.

-BING- What is, a pig who ate too much.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived