2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caps clinch a playoff spot tonight against the Flyers sans Ovechkin, Arnott.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

You're new York, there's going to be a bunch of you. There's at least three phoenix coyotes fans on the board.

Also, the blue jackets will give me an ulcer. Up 1 in denver with 7 seconds left and a faceoff in their own zone. Vermette or pahlsson (I forget which) loses the draw and Colorado scores with 4 seconds left. They lost in the shootout after failing to bury at least five solid chances in OT. Their 6th straight shootout loss. I'd be angrier but it's games just like this that removed us from the playoff race weeks ago.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You're new York, there's going to be a bunch of you. There's at least three phoenix coyotes fans on the board.

Also, the blue jackets will give me an ulcer. Up 1 in denver with 7 seconds left and a faceoff in their own zone. Vermette or pahlsson (I forget which) loses the draw and Colorado scores with 4 seconds left. They lost in the shootout after failing to bury at least five solid chances in OT. Their 6th straight shootout loss. I'd be angrier but it's games just like this that removed us from the playoff race weeks ago.

Funny, I was watching this game with the Colorado feed, and they kept insisting the Jackets were still in the playoff race, and HAD to have this game, and the Avs took it away! It was homeriffic to be sure.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Funny, I was watching this game with the Colorado feed, and they kept insisting the Jackets were still in the playoff race, and HAD to have this game, and the Avs took it away! It was homeriffic to be sure.

As a Ranger fan i know all about devastating losses ahem 2008 game in montreal.

And the Devils are out of the playoff race too.

...And the Devils are out of the playoff race too.

Yea. We really couldn't lose any of the last ten games to even have a hope of a shot at the 8.

Oh well. Was a HELL of a run. Lemaire for the Adams?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

To me, Alain Vigneault, Mike Babcock, and to a lesser extent Guy Boucher should be the finalists for the Adams. Lemaire would be a distant 4th, or 5th maybe.

I'd vote for him. The team had, what, the third worst record at that point in NHL history? Also, the team's record in one goal games, a sign of solid coaching, is extraordinary. Yeah, they're in 11th, but this isn't your typical 11th place story.

PvO6ZWJ.png

...And the Devils are out of the playoff race too.

Yea. We really couldn't lose any of the last ten games to even have a hope of a shot at the 8.

Oh well. Was a HELL of a run. Lemaire for the Adams?

Stranger things have happened this team was dead once already they can go on another run.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

To me, Alain Vigneault, Mike Babcock, and to a lesser extent Guy Boucher should be the finalists for the Adams. Lemaire would be a distant 4th, or 5th maybe.

As much as I hate the Penguins, Dan Bylsma needs to be given strong consideration for keeping that team in the hunt while every worthwhile player they have has been injured, near death, or concussing opposing teams' stars.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

As much as I hate the Penguins, Dan Bylsma needs to be given strong consideration for keeping that team in the hunt while every worthwhile player they have has been injured, near death, or concussing opposing teams' stars.

Agreed.

I can't go with VIgneault or Babcock. I can't justify giving coaches of 1st place teams that are loaded with talent the Jack Adams award.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I could give Bylsma some consideration there as well, probably in place of Boucher, but its really a pet peeve of mine that coaches of the best teams almost never get consideration for it, like good teams coach themselves or something. I'm not a Wings fan by any stretch, but theres a reason they're consistently at the top of the league and its not always the players.

Archived