2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

Just a horrible decision to start Hiller so soon.

Yeah I wanted to see him back obviously, but I would have held him out until Monday's game against the Avs. Emery and Ellis should have handled the Nashville/Chicago duties. Those games are too big. The Ducks shouldn't be giving points to them, but to the Avs it wouldn't have mattered all that much I guess. Now they need to win in Chicago and Colorado.

I'm baffled by this theory. The guy who is the only reason you are sniffing the playoffs and you want to hold him out another game? That makes no sense. If he's healthy to play, then you play him. Why would you keep a healthy All-Star and possibly Vezina Trophy finalist on the bench when he's healthy. If you didn't think he was healthy enough to play, then why was he activated. Rust my behind. He just had a bad game, move on. But really if you are going to complain about this game and them starting Hiller, then what about all those other games he started and they lost? Hmmm... Hiller got you to where you are, and when he's healthy you put him back in. Ray Emery wouldn't even have a sniff of the NHL if the Ducks didn't have their starter injured and so many crappy goaltenders behind him in the minors. Yeah, he's caught lightening in a bottle, but what would you say if Emery started and got blasted like Hiller? I know what, "They should've started Hiller over Emery, because he's the guy who got us to this point. He's an All-Star." That's exactly what you and all the Duck fans would be saying if Hiller was benched and Emery got lit up.

You're an idiot. Stop trying to tell other fans about their teams when they watch their own teams' games and you don't. Sure Hiller got them where they are, but you don't start a guy in the biggest game of the season when he hasn't played in forever when your other goalie's been playing well and getting wins for you!

First of all, I would respect you and your opinion if you were mature and did not resort to the childish act of calling people names when you disagree with a post. When you can learn to grow up and respond without childish names, then I'll respect you.

I got an idea, why don't you stop condescendingly talking down to people about their teams? They know more about their teams because they watch them more than you.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I wanted to see him back obviously, but I would have held him out until Monday's game against the Avs. Emery and Ellis should have handled the Nashville/Chicago duties. Those games are too big. The Ducks shouldn't be giving points to them, but to the Avs it wouldn't have mattered all that much I guess. Now they need to win in Chicago and Colorado.

I'm baffled by this theory. The guy who is the only reason you are sniffing the playoffs and you want to hold him out another game? That makes no sense. If he's healthy to play, then you play him. Why would you keep a healthy All-Star and possibly Vezina Trophy finalist on the bench when he's healthy. If you didn't think he was healthy enough to play, then why was he activated. Rust my behind. He just had a bad game, move on. But really if you are going to complain about this game and them starting Hiller, then what about all those other games he started and they lost? Hmmm... Hiller got you to where you are, and when he's healthy you put him back in. Ray Emery wouldn't even have a sniff of the NHL if the Ducks didn't have their starter injured and so many crappy goaltenders behind him in the minors. Yeah, he's caught lightening in a bottle, but what would you say if Emery started and got blasted like Hiller? I know what, "They should've started Hiller over Emery, because he's the guy who got us to this point. He's an All-Star." That's exactly what you and all the Duck fans would be saying if Hiller was benched and Emery got lit up.

You're an idiot. Stop trying to tell other fans about their teams when they watch their own teams' games and you don't. Sure Hiller got them where they are, but you don't start a guy in the biggest game of the season when he hasn't played in forever when your other goalie's been playing well and getting wins for you!

First of all, I would respect you and your opinion if you were mature and did not resort to the childish act of calling people names when you disagree with a post. When you can learn to grow up and respond without childish names, then I'll respect you.

I got an idea, why don't you stop condescendingly talking down to people about their teams? They know more about their teams because they watch them more than you.

McCarthy, you don't understand, though. It's all Andrew Ladd's lack of ability to be a good captain that has brought oddball to this.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Rangers are now 27-0-0 when leading after 2. They're the only team to not lose a game at all when doing so...that's phenomenal.

That's amazing, considering how many of them were close games. That just shows what great defense and goaltending the Rangers have been playing late in games this season. If they could score more they'd be a top team. 14th in the NHL isn't bad, but if they were top 10, they's be dominant. Don't wanna be stating the obvious but it is true.

C'mon Rags, please finish higher than seventh.

Thanks!

The Rangers are now 27-0-0 when leading after 2. They're the only team to not lose a game at all when doing so...that's phenomenal.

Not really. Teams should have a record of that caliber when they lead after two. Ok, so maybe you'll lose a game or two when leading after two periods, but that stat isn't really all that impressive.

McCarthy, you don't understand, though. It's all Andrew Ladd's lack of ability to be a good captain that has brought oddball to this.

HAH! Don't give Andrew Ladd any credit for anything. He couldn't make me do a damn thing! :hockeysmiley:

Not really. Teams should have a record of that caliber when they lead after two. Ok, so maybe you'll lose a game or two when leading after two periods, but that stat isn't really all that impressive.

That's pretty damn good considering in the "new NHL" 3rd period comebacks have become quite common. Last year the Canucks were called the comebacks kids for all their come from behind victories. The Rangers are the ONLY team with a perfect record after 2 so obviously it isn't that easy.

so the isles are officially eliminated. but when you really think about it, they kinda were eliminated before the season started. I guess the next question is, which will happen first: Isles field a competitive playoff team or relocate to KC, Winnipeg or Quebec?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more likely the Islanders are gonna move to Brooklyn. I don't see anything getting done on the Island, but at the same time I don't see Wang selling it to an owner outside the NYC area. And if Bettman's fighting tooth and nail for Phoenix, I'd hope he'd do the same for his childhood favorite team

That being said, with the way they've been playing the 2nd half of the season, I can see the Islanders becoming competitive as soon as next year

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I'd really hate to see Ray Emery go after this season. He couldn't even get out of bed for 4 months during his rehab, and now he's back and 4-0 so far. The way he's playing he'll get a big contract from someone for sure, and with the Ducks locked in with Hiller it looks like he'll go.

The problem is nobody knows if Hiller has even recovered yet.

I'd really hate to see Ray Emery go after this season. He couldn't even get out of bed for 4 months during his rehab, and now he's back and 4-0 so far. The way he's playing he'll get a big contract from someone for sure, and with the Ducks locked in with Hiller it looks like he'll go.

The problem is nobody knows if Hiller has even recovered yet.

I'm thinking Osaverage might retire and Detroit will offer him a contract to tandem with Howard.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

They already started building Barclays to be incompatible with hockey. Smart.

They could've just slapped up another Nassau Coliseum next to the current one if they hadn't demanded that it be a palace with lighthouses, hotels, shopping malls, and water parks. Wang has been a wang to all 75,000 tiers of New York government, so that hasn't helped matters, either. They'll need to get non-Wang people involved in the negotiations, at which point they'll settle for some bare-bones 18,000-seat arena.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They could've just slapped up another Nassau Coliseum next to the current one if they hadn't demanded that it be a palace with lighthouses, hotels, shopping malls, and water parks. Wang has been a wang to all 75,000 tiers of New York government, so that hasn't helped matters, either. They'll need to get non-Wang people involved in the negotiations, at which point they'll settle for some bare-bones 18,000-seat arena.

But the Nets need that intimate basketball environment!

Sharks get a strong 4-1 win in Glendale and pad their lead in the Pacific.

I got a question for those of you who have been to games in your respective markets in which the Sharks are the opponent. How well does Teal Nation travel?

For obvious reasons there is always a strong Sharks contingent in LA, Anaheim, and Phoenix. However the local media coverage gives us the impression that there is a respectable number of Sharks fans on the road in places like Chicago, St. Louis, Philadelphia, even Detroit, Calgary and Edmonton. So really, how well are the Sharks supported on the road in more "established" hockey markets?

Well, when we were in Dallas a couple weeks ago, there weren't many Sharks fans but they were certainly there. We sat next to a group of 3 that had come from SJ and a few rows up from us there was a group of 6 or so. If I had to put a number on it, I'd say about 100-150 people that night were rooting for San Jose.

I've heard so many different things about the Barclay's Center and whether it can fit hockey or not that we're basically not gonna know till it's built, I bet.

Either way, I don't care where they play as long as they stay in the NYC area. Hell, move them to Hartford and I'll still root for them. Just not Kansas City because I'm not getting stuck between choosing the aging Devils, the never performing in the playoffs Sabres, or *shudders* the Rangers

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Nassau County is one of the most corrupt counties in America and it is bankrupt, and Mr. Wang does not want to use his own money, so I don't see a new arena there.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

But the Nets need that intimate basketball environment!

The Barclays Centre and Nets basketball in Brooklyn, together, form one of the most heartless corporate mashups to grace the world of professional sports, and that's saying something.

Still, a Barclays Centre that had terrible line of site has to be better then playing in a concrete bowl in suburban Long Island.

I'm watching Blackhawks @ Bruins tonight. Boston does a terrific job with playing lots of organ music, much more than Chicago, which was once famous for its theater organ. Imagine that, a hockey game that sounds like a hockey game. Well done, Bruins.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Watching the Habs vs Thrashers and it's still 0-0. There's still a chance that the torment will continue for a 4th game. I'm praying so hard right now that they score a freaking goal!!!

Edit: They scored and are now leading 2-0. What a relief!

Archived