2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

Wow the Rangers actually showed some fortitude tonight (yes, i'm watching hockey and not basketball) and came back from 3 down to beat the Bruins to keep their hopes alive and dampens the hopes of Carolina and Toronto. Sharks are also laying a beatdown of epic proportions on LA, chasing Jonathan Quick from the nets.

The Pacific division will be the Sharks in an hour or so. :)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow the Rangers actually showed some fortitude tonight (yes, i'm watching hockey and not basketball) and came back from 3 down to beat the Bruins to keep their hopes alive and dampens the hopes of Carolina and Toronto. Sharks are also laying a beatdown of epic proportions on LA, chasing Jonathan Quick from the nets.

So much for "whats happened to the Sharks?" and "Dallas looks like the team to beat in the Pacific this year!" right?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

So much for "whats happened to the Sharks?" and "Dallas looks like the team to beat in the Pacific this year!" right?

I just hope we don't faceplant in the playoffs again. Fortunately, everyone will probably focus on Vancouver this year to see if they can get over the hump.

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

I just hope we don't faceplant in the playoffs again. Fortunately, everyone will probably focus on Vancouver this year to see if they can get over the hump.

I feel your pain brother.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Simple week for the Flames.

Win against Edmonton and Vancouver = 95pts

Chicago to gain 2pts or less in their final 4 and or Anaheim to gain 1pt or less in their final 3.

Dallas to gain 5pts or less in their final 4.

I mean I feel good right now but lets see how that will change in the next 48 hours.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Dear Blackhawks,

Whatever you do next season, please don't waste our time with Pisani, Kruger, and Stalberg.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Dear Blackhawks,

Whatever you do next season, please don't waste our time with Pisani, Kruger, and Stalberg.

Seriously, what happened to finding decent role players? I know half the team was dumped for salary reasons, but there are NONE of the diamond in the rough type guys that helped this team out so much last season. No Ben Eagers, Brian Bickells, no Nick Boyntons. Just a truckload of Marcus Krugers. Frustrating, I don't feel very confident in this team's coming weeks

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Dear Blackhawks,

Seriously, what happened to finding decent role players? I know half the team was dumped for salary reasons, but there are NONE of the diamond in the rough type guys that helped this team out so much last season. No Ben Eagers, Brian Bickells, no Nick Boyntons. Just a truckload of Marcus Krugers. Frustrating, I don't feel very confident in this team's coming weeks

I don't know. What pisses me off the most is that the team is constantly in need of a spark. The only guy on the roster that could liven things up is John Scott, and he's a healthy scratch almost every game. Q needs to put him in and have him start whooping some ass to light a fire under these guys.

The best acquisition for next season though was Campoli. He's been damn good, and I hope to hell they bring him back next season, but you're right - there's no quality depth to this team at all, just a lot of athleticism and no toughness.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I don't know, the depth has seemed like depth to me. The real problem is that Keith, Seabrook, and Hjalmarsson have all had terrible seasons.

John Scott is a healthy scratch because he's a worthless clod who can't even be a meatbag on penalty kills. He sucks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't know, the depth has seemed like depth to me. The real problem is that Keith, Seabrook, and Hjalmarsson have all had terrible seasons.

John Scott is a healthy scratch because he's a worthless clod who can't even be a meatbag on penalty kills. He sucks.

Scott's worthlessness compared to Pisani is arguable. Pisani blows. You're right about Keith and Hammer - Keith freaking sucks, probably the worst season of his career. He's gotten very timid for some reason, Seabrook is coming around lately, but the final 10 games of the season is poor timing to start finding your rhythm.

twitter

Pisani is a league-minimum 13th man. Whatever. John Scott seriously can't play hockey, and his fighting abilities are of no value if nobody will engage with him. You can't use him to keep the opponents honest if doing so requires the mutual agreement of the opponent about to be kept honest, and he can't just run up to someone and start kicking the crap out of him because then that monster would have to be suspended for AT LEAST 35 games in order to bring honor and legitimacy back to the NHL.

Todd Bertuzzi, however, can get about a half-rink head start on an elbow to the back of the head and avoid suspension because he said he was sorry. Todd Bertuzzi!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What an amazing Rangers game last night. Finally showed some heart and won a huge game. Looking like they might make the playoffs with Atlanta and New Jersey at home left. At this point I think that they could give a team like Washington or Boston a run, maybe win a series.

The Rags have shutout the Caps twice so far this season and in convincing fashion too! The Caps better not underestimate their opponent this postseason, especially after going through the seven game heartbreak to the Canadiens last year.

On a bit of a side note, if its Predators-Coyotes in the first round, it might break records for being the lowest attended playoff series. The Yotes couldn't sell out when there was a boat load of Wings fans last year.

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

Caps have alot to prove this postseason. Its going to be intriguing to watch whether the newly found veteran leadership can guide still a very young team through the playoffs. How the defense looks is a big question with alot of injuries hitting them. Wideman and Green are absolutely needed if we are going to make an extended run.

Pisani is a league-minimum 13th man. Whatever. John Scott seriously can't play hockey, and his fighting abilities are of no value if nobody will engage with him. You can't use him to keep the opponents honest if doing so requires the mutual agreement of the opponent about to be kept honest, and he can't just run up to someone and start kicking the crap out of him because then that monster would have to be suspended for AT LEAST 35 games in order to bring honor and legitimacy back to the NHL.

Todd Bertuzzi, however, can get about a half-rink head start on an elbow to the back of the head and avoid suspension because he said he was sorry. Todd Bertuzzi!

Wearing a Red Wings jersey helped him not get suspended too.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Can the Blues get their "participant" ribbon yet?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived