2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

Which is exactly why Burke will trade him for someone who'll never work within the Leafs' system.

Congrats to the Canucks for winning the President's Trophy, meaning maybe next year to Lord Stanley.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is exactly why Burke will trade him for someone who'll never work within the Leafs' system.

Congrats to the Canucks for winning the President's Trophy, meaning maybe next year to Lord Stanley.

Wow when is the last time a Canadian Team won the President's Trophy?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Wow when is the last time a Canadian Team won the President's Trophy?

2003 Ottawa Senators

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

As of today the Canucks are:

1st in the league

1st in goals scored

1st in goals against

1st in power play

1st in penalty kill

According to the NHL Network this morning, if the Canucks finish the season this way they will be the 1st post expansion team to accomplish this feat... pretty impressive.

Sounds like its this year or bust!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

They'll bust. They're the Canucks. They feasted on a weak-ass Northwest and will come into the playoffs with a decimated defensive corps and a goaltender who craps his pants under pressure. Lots of luck.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They'll bust. They're the Canucks. They feasted on a weak-ass Northwest and will come into the playoffs with a decimated defensive corps and a goaltender who craps his pants under pressure. Lots of luck.

As well, the Flyers, who have had the worst month of their current campaign in March, will roll over their remaining regular season opponents and secure the #1 seed in the East. In a twist of fate from last season, they will face the Rangers in the first round, and lose the series.

I'm sure Leafs fans (especially on HFBoards.com) are already making up rumors that Burke is about to deal Reimer to the Canucks for Luongo, both Sedins and Kesler.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm sure Leafs fans (especially on HFBoards.com) are already making up rumors that Burke is about to deal Reimer to the Canucks for Luongo, both Sedins and Kesler.

I heard Burke would kill for Ales Kotalik. Reimer should fetch him right?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The defensive corps has been decimated all year and they've still been the best team in the league. Canucks have lost over 300 man games to injury

Besides which, it is is getting healthy. Edler and Alberts will be back shortly. Luongo, well, he did win a Gold Medal last year and has the most wins in the league, despite playing less games. He's having a Vezina calibre year and seems to be getting little attention for it. And even if he falters, Schneider is a viable alternative.

Most of these comments I see on the net and in the media about the same thing happening to the Canucks as previous years just seem to be based on ignorance of the changes in the team, its approach, and roster this year. A more nuanced criticism would be to wonder if the bottom six is going to be able to get sorted out with Malhotra done for the year.

No suspension for Giordano....real shame.

The hell did he do?

He stuck out his knee to Bobby Ryan at the end of the game...wow, late reply!

Must have turned off the TV by then.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

And I doubt Mike Ribero will get even a fine for his completely pathetic hit on Michael Handzus that was to the head of an unsuspecting player. The problem is that the NHL put more emphasis on prior actions of a player than to actually punish the player for the current act. A hit like Ribero's on Handzus is just as bad as Matt Cooke's was. Ribero targeted Handzus and was coming full speed. But since Ribero has no prior "incident" that no punishment will be given out to him. If the league would punish the action on a first time offender the same as they punish the action of a 5th time offender, they would stop these shots to the head. You hammer a player the first time for a blindside or unsuspecting hit and players would stop. Then again, if hits from behind were five minute majors no matter where it was on the ice, boarding would drop significantly. The discipline in the NHL is horrible and pathetic.

And I doubt Mike Ribero will get even a fine for his completely pathetic hit on Michael Handzus that was to the head of an unsuspecting player. The problem is that the NHL put more emphasis on prior actions of a player than to actually punish the player for the current act. A hit like Ribero's on Handzus is just as bad as Matt Cooke's was. Ribero targeted Handzus and was coming full speed. But since Ribero has no prior "incident" that no punishment will be given out to him. If the league would punish the action on a first time offender the same as they punish the action of a 5th time offender, they would stop these shots to the head. You hammer a player the first time for a blindside or unsuspecting hit and players would stop. Then again, if hits from behind were five minute majors no matter where it was on the ice, boarding would drop significantly. The discipline in the NHL is horrible and pathetic.

I wonder if Colin Campbell even really cares about the players....he obviously doesn't to me.

Wow the Rangers actually showed some fortitude tonight (yes, i'm watching hockey and not basketball) and came back from 3 down to beat the Bruins to keep their hopes alive and dampens the hopes of Carolina and Toronto. Sharks are also laying a beatdown of epic proportions on LA, chasing Jonathan Quick from the nets.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived