2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ripping off the MLBASG's "starters/reserves" distinction is kind of silly considering the starters are off the ice about 90 seconds in and back on not long after. The fans have selected the guys who...have to be on the ice to start every period lest a team get whistled for a procedural two-minute minor?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

When I played in high school kids at school would always ask me if I started. My response was usually "yeah but starting the game doesn't really mean anything because you're off the ice so fast." though, on our team only the starters got to stand on the blue line for the national anthem so that was one perk of starting the game, but really it doesn't mean much. Often times our best line wouldn't even start the games.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm getting tired of this Pittsburgh team. Such an air of pretension about them. I didn't mind any of them before, but this 24/7 helped me see it. Their coach is an irritating toolbag. Crosby certainly picked that up from him well. His mustache was an affront to facial hair itself. Of course this is all coming from the team whose owner and savior can't pronounce his own name correctly. I'm sick of their 14 different throwback jerseys, too.

When I played in high school kids at school would always ask me if I started. My response was usually "yeah but starting the game doesn't really mean anything because you're off the ice so fast." though, on our team only the starters got to stand on the blue line for the national anthem so that was one perk of starting the game, but really it doesn't mean much. Often times our best line wouldn't even start the games.

Agreed. People think it means so much. It's something to be a "starter" for a football team or a baseball team, but it's not really anything to call yourself a "starter" for a hockey team.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I bought NSH tickets on-line five or six years ago, so I am still on their email list.

I did not realize they were this hard up for revenue.

NOTE: I took the graphics of the email out

Special offer for Nashville Predators Fans

NCAA Division I Hockey is taking over Smashville as the University of Alabama Huntsville Chargers take on the Merrimack College Warriors at Bridgestone Arena.

Presented by the DoubleTree Hotel Nashville Downtown, this NCAA Division I matchup kicks off on Friday, Jan. 14 at 7 p.m. and concludes with the teams facing off the following day at 1 p.m.

Be our guest with FREE tickets* to both games and half priced beer through the 2nd intermission.

Leafs get Fabian Brunnstrom from the Stars for Mikhail Stefanovich

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Its starting to get to be the time that we start to worry about Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom. They are both in slumps of epic proportions and the team as a whole is struggling offensively. Its a good thing the defense and goaltending is playing well enough to keep us in games, and alot of our role players are scoring timely goals, but those guys being off are making winning awhole lot harder.

Alot of people have been worried alot earlier than I, but as a long time Caps fan, I've gotten used to having to be patient.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The Rangers shutout the Canucks 1-0 to give Vancouver their first regulation loss in 17 contests...but Alex Burrowes got away w/ a spear in the, uh, crown jewels of Mark Staal which I wouldn't be surprised if he got suspended for even though no penalty was called. It was a cheapshot, I don't know if he's a dirty player or not, so that may factor in as well, but you can bet they'll take a look at it in Toronto...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

What a :censored:ing awesome game between the Flyers and Bruins tonight. Bruins never gave up and got a 7-5 win out of it

Yes, the defense could have been much better.

Did Boston give up a 3-0 lead? :P

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The complete Cheechoo-Teemu songbook is back. If you know about this, then you can reminisce with me. If this is your first time, you're in for a treat. Dave Dameshek's compilation is sure to touch hockey fans, classic rock fans, and fans of life in general. Cheech may have dropped off the face of the Earth, but this could be Teemu's last season (again), so we need to get this out there. May take a while to load.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/8/24/2063911//cheechooteemu.swf

"We're not going to win a game 1-0 tonight, we need to score some goals" -John Tortorella

Final score- Rangers 1, Canucks 0.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Sharks suck right now, no other way to put it

Have you paid any attention to your friggin' sucking neighbors to the south? Oh yeah, that's right, the Kings are 1-6 on the homestand and have lost to pathetic teams like the Leafs and the Blues who lost to Anaheim the night before. I think they are like 1-2 on this homestand playing against teams that lost to Anaheim the night before. I watched them just fall asleep on Monday as I got a call to go to the game. I don't know if there's anything worse then watching your team sleepwalk through a period and you're only 16 rows from the ice. At least when I'm at home, I can turn the channel. It got so bad last night against the Blues that I turned on TNA Wrestling! I have tickets to tomorrow night's game against Edmonton and if they don't play well, I figure Staples Center will be ugly. There's probably going to be a nice contigent who show up with torches and their pitchforks for Terry Murray's head, whether I'm leading that contingent, depends on how they play.

Archived