2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

Zdeno Chara needs to be suspended for the rest of the season.

Even though I wouldn't mind him being gone for the rest of the season, you can't be serious. There was no intent to injure on that play. Just a bad location to hit someone.

He drove his head into the turnbuckle!

He was finishing his hit and riding him to the boards. I can almost guarantee that Chara, someone who's almost never physical, nevermind whether or not he plays clean or dirty, didn't even take into account the glass corner. It was a routine play someone would make to hit someone. Chara misjudged the angle he was hitting Pacioretty. He probably thought Pacioretty was just gonna bend over the bench and not slide into the glass.

Awful things happen in sports. This is one of them.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zdeno Chara needs to be suspended for the rest of the season.

Even though I wouldn't mind him being gone for the rest of the season, you can't be serious. There was no intent to injure on that play. Just a bad location to hit someone.

He drove his head into the turnbuckle!

He was finishing his hit and riding him to the boards. I can almost guarantee that Chara, someone who's almost never physical, nevermind whether or not he plays clean or dirty, didn't even take into account the glass corner. It was a routine play someone would make to hit someone. Chara misjudged the angle he was hitting Pacioretty. He probably thought Pacioretty was just gonna bend over the bench and not slide into the glass.

Awful things happen in sports. This is one of them.

I'll have to see the check again to make sure, but I think Chara pushed a little bit at the end of his check and Pacioretty had no chance to miss the turnbuckle.

Even if it's an awful and unfortunate event, you can't dismiss that there's bad blood between those two, especially since the last two meetings between both teams. Pacioretty cross-checked Chara after his OT goal. Chara didn't like that at all. Last game (the 8-6 Bruins win), he was blatantly going after Pacioretty every chance he got, throwing fists everywhere.

With that, don't tell me it was just an accident, or finishing his check. He definitely knew who was coming and he most likely gave it a little extra nudge... You know, the nudge you give to someone who really pisses you off.

Colin Campbell is a attending the game... It'll be interesting to see if there will be a suspension handed out by the league.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Vokoun had the night of his life. The Hawks put 40-odd shots in his face, and he was all over the place. The Blackhawks basically had a 2-period power play of bombarding Vokoun with shot after shot, yet he only allowed 2 in the 2nd period.

Give the hawks credit, they rebounded nicely after a horse- :censored: first period which Crawford's gotta forget, but this one is a tip-of-the-cap game to Vokoun.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Video http://www.twitvid.com/WW2FD

I think it's worth a suspension.

He definitely pushed him towards the turnbuckle.

He should be suspended.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

He should be suspended.

For two games maybe. Not the season. Gosh, the way Canadiens fans were reacting at Hfboards I though Chara slashed him with his skates or something.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

He should be suspended.

For two games maybe. Not the season. Gosh, the way Canadiens fans were reacting at Hfboards I though Chara slashed him with his skates or something.

Exactly. Really bad Interference of course and it ended up in a scary situation, Bell Centre needs to change it's configuration because I doubt this will be the last time somebody gets piledrived in Jean Beliveau's seats or at least he sits around that place.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

He should be suspended.

I didn't say for the season anywhere. If the NHL is consistent with itself, it will be between 0 and 2 games.

He should be suspended.

I didn't say for the season anywhere. If the NHL is consistent with itself, it will be between 0 and 2 games.

Sorry...still sorting through all those hfboards posts from Quebecois who think Chara should be tried for attempted murder or something.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It was a tough hit at a real unfortunate spot in the rink. Fine with what he got, if there was no call or just a minor on the play I could see a suspension.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

If he deserves ten, he'll get two. If he deserves two, he'll get free Wicked tickets while he's in town. Colin Campbell is the worst league disciplinarian since ... he's a :censored:ty disciplainarian.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Chara hit was dirty. Chara was trying to make a statement to Pacioretty. There is history between the two and you can't ignore the issue. Was Chara trying to hurt Pacioretty? Yes and no. I don't think it was to injure him, but to let Pacioretty know he wasn't going to deal with his crap. Should Chara be suspended? Absolutely. 5-10 games. He drove Pacioretty's head into the support. What is the difference between that and a hit from behind? If the NHL wants to do something about concussions, you can't let Chara get away without a nice sized suspension. Do I dislike Chara? No. But that was a dirty hit as he came from behind and drove Pacioretty into the support. He knew the glass was there, don't give me the crap that he didn't know it was there. Do I expect a suspension? No, because the NHL set a standard of well... what is their standard. As a matter of fact, I expect Colin Cambell to suspend Pacioretty and Ray Borque for the hit. Pacioretty for being there, and Ray Borque for being a Boston Bruin defenseman.

The Chara hit was dirty. Chara was trying to make a statement to Pacioretty. There is history between the two and you can't ignore the issue. Was Chara trying to hurt Pacioretty? Yes and no. I don't think it was to injure him, but to let Pacioretty know he wasn't going to deal with his crap. Should Chara be suspended? Absolutely. 5-10 games. He drove Pacioretty's head into the support. What is the difference between that and a hit from behind? If the NHL wants to do something about concussions, you can't let Chara get away without a nice sized suspension. Do I dislike Chara? No. But that was a dirty hit as he came from behind and drove Pacioretty into the support. He knew the glass was there, don't give me the crap that he didn't know it was there. Do I expect a suspension? No, because the NHL set a standard of well... what is their standard. As a matter of fact, I expect Colin Cambell to suspend Pacioretty and Ray Borque for the hit. Pacioretty for being there, and Ray Borque for being a Boston Bruin defenseman.

So, oddball, how should have Chara played the man in that situation?

P.S.: Blaming Andrew Ladd is not an acceptable answer.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Even with the hit being on Pacioretty Im not convinced yet it was dirty. The one thing though I dont like is the use of this all encompassing major interference penalty the refs drop on a player when his action injures another and it doesnt qualify as another major.

It was a clean play, it was just unfortunate the post at the end of the bench was there. If Chara gets suspended it would show once again, just how little Bettman understands hockey.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived