ECHL New CHICAGO EXPRESS

Patchez

So what ECHL team was relocated to Chi-town?

None:

C & S Sports, the ownership behind Chicago?s expansion ECHL Hockey team, announced in a press conference today that it will be the ?Chicago Express? that will make its home at the Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, IL beginning with the 2011-12 season.

I know it's the same name, but most CCSLCers couldn't even name more than a couple WBL teams. I think it's possible that they were named Express because they're trying to draw fans from a bunch of planned communities alongside a huge tollway.

It's definitely one of the nicer identity packages I've seen in awhile.

Sounds like a good name & the logo's look good.

Anybody else notice the angry face on the train?

good I'm not crazy...

Good to know I wasn't the only one then :hockeysmiley:

The fact that it takes close looking to notice shows you how good of a logo it is...they made the "cartoony" feature subtle (subtlety is the key to a classic logo!)

bYhYmxh.png

The angle of the train suggests the locomotive, much like the franchise, will be off the rails shortly.

I recall the Cincinnati RailRaiders having a similar issue.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm not a huge fan of the main Train logo as it is. It seems to be leaning too much. If they straightened it out, it'd look much better.

I do like that Alternate Whistle logo, however; I'm normally no fan of cartoony, inanimate objects possessing a face, but that logo works, and it's something that I've never seen before.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived