NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

I usually start getting exciting for football around Wednesday, so...here it is!

Falcons are wearing throwbacks vs. the 49ers

The Bills are supposed to be wearing throwbacks

Panthers are wearing their light blue alts

Supposedly the Eagles are going to wear white at home vs. the Redskins, who should be in yellow pants.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havnt kept up with the whole Redskins pants thing...but was there ever a statement by the team indicating how they were going to use those bad boys?

Experiment with them for a few games? Are they going to wear them on the road with white? Are they permanent?

Also, I'm kind of annoyed by the fact the socks they wore with the gold pants have no connection to their road socks...and will they wear the solid burgundy socks with any combination this year?

The Skins seem to be headed for a lot of inconsistency...but with that said, the uniform they wore in the first two games--standing alone-- is B-E-A-U-TIFUL.

Looking foward to these. The Panthers light blue alternate is one of my favorite football jerseys. I'd actually like to see them switch the black jersey to the alt and wear those full time. Its also great to see the Bills wear anything then their current set. How have they not change yet? They have the ugliest uniforms in sports.

Anybody know what throwbacks the falcons will be wearing?

Looking foward to these. The Panthers light blue alternate is one of my favorite football jerseys. I'd actually like to see them switch the black jersey to the alt and wear those full time. Its also great to see the Bills wear anything then their current set. How have they not change yet? They have the ugliest uniforms in sports.

Anybody know what throwbacks the falcons will be wearing?

The '66 set, same as last year.

throwback-sample.jpg

What I wish the NFL would do is have a throwback weekend and designate a year for each game, and each team would wear their unis from that year. For example, the Falcons wore the above set in '67 so that could be the year for their game vs. the Saints, who could wear these fantastic '67 throwbacks they last wore in 2002:

image_09.jpg

What a beautiful game THAT would be!

Back to my idea...it wouldn't work to designate the same year for every game 'cause for one some franchises are of course older and the goal would be interesting uni combos. So they could have the Bears and Packers from some year in the '20s or '30s where they both had great unis and so on.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Saints fans I got a question. NO wore two third jerseys in 2002. They wore a gold jersey against Minnesota and an Archie Manning throwback against Tampa Bay that year. How were they allowed to do that?

There weren't, and they were fined if I remember correctly.

I agree the UNIFORM got tired in a hurry...I'm tired of them! But, I definitely prefer the new Falcon crest over the old one, and most Falcons fans agree.

A uniform using the modern logo, but a simpler design, would be best.

Rule 1 of internet boards should be "speak for yourself." No offense, but what in the world are you basing that conclusion on?

Saints fans I got a question. NO wore two third jerseys in 2002. They wore a gold jersey against Minnesota and an Archie Manning throwback against Tampa Bay that year. How were they allowed to do that?

Is there any source to confirm that? I find it peculiar what the Saints were able to do in those two instances in 2002.

Is there any source to confirm that? I find it peculiar what the Saints were able to do in those two instances in 2002.

It was reported back in 2002. If you want you can dig around for it.

They were able to do it because they didn't tell the league. They just came out in their throwbacks for the Tampa Bay game without getting permission (ie not telling) the NFL they were doing so.

It was reported back in 2002. If you want you can dig around for it.

They were able to do it because they didn't tell the league. They just came out in their throwbacks for the Tampa Bay game without getting permission (ie not telling) the NFL they were doing so.

Yeah, they have a history of doing that.

I usually start getting exciting for football around Wednesday, so...here it is!

Supposedly the Eagles are going to wear white at home vs. the Redskins, who should be in yellow pants.

Gold pants.

87Redskins.png

A uniform using the modern logo, but a simpler design, would be best.

Agreed. There was a concept that GFB did a few years ago that was just brilliant & basically represented what I wanted the Falcons to look like if I had my way. The design was basically the old school uniforms from the early 70s, except with the current numbers & current Falcon. Throw in some black pants and it would be fandamntastic.

Also, hopefully the Skins elect to wear their yellow pants again. That is quickly becoming one of my favorite sets in the NFL. If they go back to the yellow helmets, it would be awesome IMO.

Archived