NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

Have the Panthers always worn black socks with the blue jerseys?

Though I can't find any pictures, I swear that they wore the light blue socks with them the first couple of games they wore the blue jerseys.

I don't think the Panthers have ever worn the blue socks with that blue jersey. But, like you, I can't find any photographic evidence to back that up.

I seem to recall blue socks with the blue jersey also, that why I asked. I like it with the black socks though.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans of the gold pants...they're a no-show at the Linc.

Burgundy over white it is.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Bring back the last set. That was nice, and it represented the team's one Super Bowl appearance.

If the Bolts were to bring back a uniform set, I'd rather see one of these:

1967_Patriots-Chargers.jpg

dan-fouts_display_image.jpg

They're both nice, but they both need be touched up. To many inconsistencies.

Bears in white jerseys blue pants. I personally like their white on white but I know a lot of people here do not

In the Urlacher interview right before the game, Urlachers jersey looked to be cut in a certain way that the front went: Mesh/solid fabric/mesh/solid/mesh. Is that a new cut or is is just the way his pads made the jersey look?

Looking the Bears-Giants game.

I always ask myself, Why some players of the Giants use Schutt helmets if the NFL have a Sponsorship contract with Riddell???.

If someone knows something about that???

pg2_u_bjacobshelmet_450.jpg

PD: The Panthers Blue Jersey Rocks

PD2: I dont have a very good english level :S

dragonssignature.gif

Im from Costa Rica...so i dont have a huge english level...understand me

:rolleyes:

General question: is there a height requirement for NOB lettering? I thought it was 4" but there's no way the 49ers' NOBs are 4".

I don't know about a requirement, but NOB lettering is generally 3" tall, while TV numerals are generally 4" tall. Front numerals are usually 10" and back numerals 12" tall, but there are many teams who have numerals that are a smidgen taller or shorter than those general guidelines.

I want to know: do they sell the pink accessories? I would be all over some pink Cutters gloves or some pink Vapor Carbon cleats.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I always ask myself, Why some players of the Giants use Schutt helmets if the NFL have a Sponsorship contract with Riddell???.

I think you can use whatever helmet you choose (some players use Schutt DNAs or IONs as you mentioned, some use the new Xenith helmet as well). The sponsorship deal allows Riddell to use the slogan 'Official Helmet of the NFL.' and I would imagine there are regulations in place that try to stop the Schutt and Xenith logos from appearing prominently on the helmets while the deal is in place.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Players can use any approved helmets regardless of the company they're manufactured by but the Riddell logo is the only manufacturer logo allowed to appear on helmets.

EDIT: Andrew beat me to it but the Schutt Air XP is also a really popular model.

As always not a fan of the pink. I hate the pink in sports, just doesn't mesh well.

I also don't understand the emphasis soley on breast cancer when many other cancers affect peoples lives. General cancer support would be more meaningful, not to mention the number of deaths yearly of breast cancer and prostate cancer are nearly identical.

Sigh.

2ly2w09.jpg

As always not a fan of the pink. I hate the pink in sports, just doesn't mesh well.

I also don't understand the emphasis soley on breast cancer when many other cancers affect peoples lives. General cancer support would be more meaningful, not to mention the number of deaths yearly of breast cancer and prostate cancer are nearly identical.

Sigh.

Just a thought here - 90% of football fans and ticket holders are men, and are therefore (likely) already aware of prostate-related stuff, however, may not necessarily know the facts about breast cancer and may not have thought to give any money to the cause. Besides, prostate awareness month is in the spring or summer, and IIRC, MLB does something for it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

General question: is there a height requirement for NOB lettering? I thought it was 4" but there's no way the 49ers' NOBs are 4".

I don't know about a requirement, but NOB lettering is generally 3" tall, while TV numerals are generally 4" tall. Front numerals are usually 10" and back numerals 12" tall, but there are many teams who have numerals that are a smidgen taller or shorter than those general guidelines.

I want to know: do they sell the pink accessories? I would be all over some pink Cutters gloves or some pink Vapor Carbon cleats.

Just seems to me the Niners are more than a smidgen smaller. Measured an authentic Saints jersey and the lettering is 3 1/8" tall. Compare these two pics and the Niners' letters look maybe 3/4" to an inch smaller.

slideshow_1001703502_49ers_Falcons_Football.JPEG(5).JPG

slideshow_1001690138_9.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Saw this today, thought I'd share. Not sure where else to post it.

rbebnc.jpg

243m4b8.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Best looking games of the week...We have a tie for the number one spot this week.

1a. Jets - Bills: Seriously, does it get any better than this? (Let the Jets in all white bashing begin) C'mon Buffalo, it's time to switch to those throwbacks full time and look like an NFL team again.

Jets_Bills_Football.sff_71823_game.jpg

1b. 49ers - Falcons: It may not get any better than Jets - Bills but it can get just as good. Those Falcons throwbacks are just perfect. Best looking helmet in the NFL. (let the Falcons throwback bashing begin)

49ers_Falcons_Football.sff_71761_game.jpg49ers_Falcons_Football.sff_71750_game.jpg

2. Lions - Packers: While I'm not a big fan of the Lions home look, their road uniforms seem to work for me for some reason.

3. Panthers - Saints

4. Texans - Raiders: Nice looking match up between "modern" and classic.

Worst looking games of the week...Only one real disaster this week.

1. Cardinals - Chargers: There is no better example of how "modernizing/updating" can go horribly wrong.

The Cardinals uniforms are so awful...

Cardinals_Chargers_Football.sff_71958_game.jpg

that they make these look good by comparison....

Cardinals_Chargers_Football.sff_71954_game.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Archived