NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

Saints fans I got a question. NO wore two third jerseys in 2002. They wore a gold jersey against Minnesota and an Archie Manning throwback against Tampa Bay that year. How were they allowed to do that?

Didn't the Broncos do the same thing last season by wearing their orange alts and their throwbacks?

I usually start getting exciting for football around Wednesday, so...here it is!

Falcons are wearing throwbacks vs. the 49ers

The Bills are supposed to be wearing throwbacks

Panthers are wearing their light blue alts

Supposedly the Eagles are going to wear white at home vs. the Redskins, who should be in yellow pants.

Gold pants.

Yellow pants.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saints fans I got a question. NO wore two third jerseys in 2002. They wore a gold jersey against Minnesota and an Archie Manning throwback against Tampa Bay that year. How were they allowed to do that?

Didn't the Broncos do the same thing last season by wearing their orange alts and their throwbacks?

Last season was an exception for the original AFL teams, who got to wear their AFL throwbacks in addition to their regular home/road/alternate set.

There weren't, and they were fined if I remember correctly.

Is there any source to confirm that? I find it peculiar what the Saints were able to do in those two instances in 2002.

It was reported back in 2002. If you want you can dig around for it.

They were able to do it because they didn't tell the league. They just came out in their throwbacks for the Tampa Bay game without getting permission (ie not telling) the NFL they were doing so.

IIRC they also got fined for that as well. Turns out the NFL isn't a fan of surprises.

all uniforms to be accented by pink cleats and sweatbands. Sigh. I'm all for breast cancer awareness, but do they really need to wear pink cleats and sweatbands? There's no doubt that the players care about the cause, but they go overboard with it and it just looks silly. How about one pink accessory?

2623arr.jpg

all uniforms to be accented by pink cleats and sweatbands. Sigh. I'm all for breast cancer awareness, but do they really need to wear pink cleats and sweatbands? There's no doubt that the players care about the cause, but they go overboard with it and it just looks silly. How about one pink accessory?

It really crosses the line when they stretch it out for the whole month, like last season.

Well, they tried jocks but nobody could see 'em. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I tried anything I could on google. Can't find anything that tells about the Saints being fined for wearing 2 third jerseys in 2002.

TFoA, in addition to myself, remembers them being fined. I'm 99% sure they were. I doubt a Google search for "Saints fined for throwback" will be all that helpful for what was probably 1-2 sentence(s) in a larger article from eight years ago. I think you'll just have to take our word for it that the Saints were in fact reprimanded for it.

It really crosses the line when they stretch it out for the whole month, like last season.

I agree. One weekend is fair. I get that its for a decent cause, but one whole month just seems silly.

6uXNWAo.png

I agree. One weekend is fair. I get that its for a decent cause, but one whole month just seems silly.

When it extends from one week to a whole month it becomes a case of "hey look at us WE CARE!"

I know that the last 3 weeks someone says what game has the best and worst uniforms.

If I hear the Chargers being nominated for the worst again I'm gonna let my rejecton be heard.

If the Chargers wear their navy and the Cardinals wear their white, that game has a good look.

I'm a Chargers fan. I love the team. I'll even say that of all the uniforms in the current trendy style the Chargers are one of, if not the, least offensive. All that being said, their uniforms are far inferior to every other set they've worn. Bring back the last set. That was nice, and it represented the team's one Super Bowl appearance.

The Cardinals hit a home run with their updated logo, but dropped the ball miserably with their generic over-panelled over-pipped mess of a uniform.

Have the Panthers always worn black socks with the blue jerseys?

Though I can't find any pictures, I swear that they wore the light blue socks with them the first couple of games they wore the blue jerseys.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Have the Panthers always worn black socks with the blue jerseys?

Though I can't find any pictures, I swear that they wore the light blue socks with them the first couple of games they wore the blue jerseys.

I don't think the Panthers have ever worn the blue socks with that blue jersey. But, like you, I can't find any photographic evidence to back that up.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived