WHEN Nike Takes Over the NFL...

mbannon92

Packers need green pants for the white jerseys. Why? Because they are the GREEN Bay Packers, and there's not enough green with the white jerseys.

Bears need navy pants with the white jerseys. They look like crap in all-white.

Ditto with the Vikings.

Navy blue replacing black would be OK with the Lions.

I dunno about green pants with the Packers...it's never been done before, and I feel like it wouldn't work well with the yellow helmet.

I have to disagree on the Bears...I think all white looks WAY better. The blue pants just look funny for some reason...the shade of blue just doesn't look good. But you're entitled to your opinion.

Also, any other comments from anyone?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I felt obliged to comment on the NFC North.

Bears- Good work pants stripe is upgrade.

Lions- Go back to current font, andmaybe cut off the pants stripe like the Bears one.

Packers- Yes! This is what they should look like I can't stand their current striping, it looks sloppy and outdated, great job!

Vikings- Missed on this one, I would try to work in the viking horn into a striping pattern or something, the pattern you chose looks like some random stuff floating around.

Great work on these, I would have commented before, but my computer has been down for the past 2 and a half weeks so I just got it back today. Good Job.

Packers need green pants for the white jerseys. Why? Because they are the GREEN Bay Packers, and there's not enough green with the white jerseys.

Ditto with the Vikings.

I dunno about green pants with the Packers...it's never been done before, and I feel like it wouldn't work well with the yellow helmet.

I have to disagree on the Bears...I think all white looks WAY better. The blue pants just look funny for some reason...the shade of blue just doesn't look good. But you're entitled to your opinion.

I think that the lions jersey looks to traditional and old. I think that if you incorporate some mane like stripes like in the logo( the two white ones that show the lions main)into the jersey,pants and helmet; I think it would more modern and sweet. Also maybe play with a third color maybe like darker blue or something that complements it just not black lol. Maybe put the lions on the back of the pants like the packers, maybe a metallic helmet and a alternative uniform. Also very good work man i wish i could design like you!

Lionshelmet.png

So, without further adieu, here is the NFC East.

Cowboys: Home Road

Eagles: White 1 White 2 Teal

Giants: Home Road

Redskins: Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

Cowboys: Not a ton of change here...I made the colors consistent (navy and the helmet silver) and made the striping the same on both unis.

Eagles: I got rid of the "midnight green" or whatever they call it and went back to kelly green. I also used a new font for the numbers, NOB, and wordmark.

Giants: Went back to the '80s-'90s look, not much else to say.

Redskins: Here is the first throwback of the series. I just really like the tomahawk unis they had, and feel that Nike would too.

LOVE the Skins set. Would be perfect.

Cowgirls lose the green...that's progress.

Giants' subtle corrections work well. Looks like a fusion of the Simms era with the current. I like.

Eagles, not crazy about them. I prefer their current numerals and the biggest thing missing, kelly green.

87Redskins.png

Hey I'm a huge skins fan here and I have to say that these are very cool, but even though I'm 14, I am somewhat traditionalist. I love the skins new gold pants for home jerseys (btw we wear red at HOME now, not the other way around like before). The white with gold pants is very cool and a classic. Helmet wise, I would much rather see the helmet of the the 1940's era. That was the red helmet with a big feather running along the back like an indian headdress. much better. the "tomahawk" as somebody called it, is actually an arrow. I hate the curly R more and more every time I see it. sure, is fine on a hat, but come on, something that was first the cheerleader logo shouldn't be everywhere. i still think that red on gold is best for home, and whiet on RED is best for away with maybe a game or two difference. I would love to see a concept of GOLD jerseys on RED pants. i think that would be very cool and modern. (mcnabb wears it in practice every day). something to break out on monday night. red on red is cool, but could use some added yellow somewhere. i like the sleeves with the arrow. good way to include it but still please not on the helmet. socks have gotta be the new multi striped ones and the pants stripe should be like the ones they wore weeks one and two. idk if Nike would do that... but thats my ideal skins uni. can you kinda maybe be awesome and make an update? :D

OH and big thing.... PLEASE keep the gold facemask soo much better. the skins gold on anything you have is not right. it should be like what they wore weeks one and two... ah heres the link... http://media3.washin...ep12-251241.jpg

That's really hard to follow, but shouldn't a self-proclaimed 'huge skins fan' know that their primary color is burgundy, not red?

:lol:

I loved the feather helmet also. Unique design, still hasn't been duplicated.

cd-rk-wash59.jpg

Here's the look I think he's talking about. Good for practice, not gameday though.

donovan-mcnabb.jpg

87Redskins.png

Ditto with the Vikings.

I think that the lions jersey looks to traditional and old. I think that if you incorporate some mane like stripes like in the logo( the two white ones that show the lions main)into the jersey,pants and helmet; I think it would more modern and sweet. Also maybe play with a third color maybe like darker blue or something that complements it just not black lol. Maybe put the lions on the back of the pants like the packers, maybe a metallic helmet and a alternative uniform. Also very good work man i wish i could design like you!

Thoughts like this are why this is the worst era of uniform design ever (starting in the early/mid 1990s and continuing on into today).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Actually, the Packers have worn green pants on the past.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Ditto with the Vikings.

Thoughts like this are why this is the worst era of uniform design ever (starting in the early/mid 1990s and continuing on into today).

Thats your opinion

Lionshelmet.png

Hey I'm a huge skins fan here and I have to say that these are very cool, but even though I'm 14, I am somewhat traditionalist. I love the skins new gold pants for home jerseys (btw we wear red at HOME now, not the other way around like before). The white with gold pants is very cool and a classic. Helmet wise, I would much rather see the helmet of the the 1940's era. That was the red helmet with a big feather running along the back like an indian headdress. much better. the "tomahawk" as somebody called it, is actually an arrow. I hate the curly R more and more every time I see it. sure, is fine on a hat, but come on, something that was first the cheerleader logo shouldn't be everywhere. i still think that red on gold is best for home, and whiet on RED is best for away with maybe a game or two difference. I would love to see a concept of GOLD jerseys on RED pants. i think that would be very cool and modern. (mcnabb wears it in practice every day). something to break out on monday night. red on red is cool, but could use some added yellow somewhere. i like the sleeves with the arrow. good way to include it but still please not on the helmet. socks have gotta be the new multi striped ones and the pants stripe should be like the ones they wore weeks one and two. idk if Nike would do that... but thats my ideal skins uni. can you kinda maybe be awesome and make an update? :D

OH and big thing.... PLEASE keep the gold facemask soo much better. the skins gold on anything you have is not right. it should be like what they wore weeks one and two... ah heres the link... http://media3.washin...ep12-251241.jpg

That's really hard to follow, but shouldn't a self-proclaimed 'huge skins fan' know that their primary color is burgundy, not red?

:lol:

I loved the feather helmet also. Unique design, still hasn't been duplicated.

cd-rk-wash59.jpg

Here's the look I think he's talking about. Good for practice, not gameday though.

donovan-mcnabb.jpg

Pretty much exactly what I meant lol! yea those practice unis... i guess they shouldnt try em out... maybe for a monday nghter?? haha who knows... thanks for posting the helmet... hail!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Ditto with the Vikings.

Thats your opinion

Well, yeah!

Sorry for the delay, but I updated the NFC North. Due to popular demand, I used the Lions current number and NOB font, and made the facemask blue (after realizing they were blue in the '90s). I also changed up the striping for the Vikings. C&C please!

I also believe the Vikings should have something on the side, maybe 2 parallel yellow stripes/piping, that line up with the yellow on the pants.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Bump...anyone else want to comment on the Vikes and Lions updates?

Lions looks pretty much the same, boring

It looks "pretty much the same" because I just updated the number and NOB font, which I said. And like I said from the beginning, Nike has done a lot of throwbacks with the college Pro Combat, and the Lions are a good fit, since the throwbacks don't completely alter their identity - you look and can tell it's the Lions, which Nike will want to do in 2012.

Just updated the Redskins...I made the dark uniforms home and the white away, since it seems they switched this year, and I went with the feather design on the helmet. Personally, I think it looks really sweet. Good idea DeFrank!

AND, drumroll please.....I finally have the next division! Up next is the AFC North.

Bengals: Home Road Home Alt 1 Home Alt 2 Road Alt

Browns: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt

Ravens: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt

Steelers: Home Road

Bengals: No surprises here, just a LOT of tiger stripes. This one was pretty easy to predict (but VERY hard to make ^_^).

Browns: Didn't change a ton with the Browns, just added outlines to the numbers to go with the striping, and orange pants for home and road.

Ravens: Since the Ravens already use the Maryland flag in their sleeve logo, I thought, "why not incorporate it into the design?" So I did. I have it bordering the sleeves and on the pants. Also brought back the blackout.

Steelers: Yes, I went there - DIAMONDPLATE! Of all the "traditional" uniforms in the NFL, I thought the Steelers had the most potential to change, and so I added diamondplate on the sleeves and pants. I still kept the color scheme and helmet the same, so they still look a lot the current Steelers, just without the sleeve stripes.

You take and NFL team and adapt the uniform to the nike template with minor changes....but i like it and is very realistic for maybe the first two seasons of nike in the league.

I like ALL your concepts, but maybe you can do a steelers alternate with the stripes on the sleeves.

Nice work :D

dragonssignature.gif

Im from Costa Rica...so i dont have a huge english level...understand me

:rolleyes:

The AFC North unis are all good but the Ravens in particular are outstanding. For everybody who thinks I and my ilk hate everything new, these Ravens sets are an example of what can be done when some thought is put into a design as opposed to just randomly throwing around piping and panels and logos.

My only gripe is the pants pattern that favors the 'reverse chaps' look.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived