WHEN Nike Takes Over the NFL...

mbannon92

Bengals - 5 stars. Perfection.

Browns - 5 stars, again. Awesome.

Ravens - 5 platinum stars. It would be 5 1/2 out of 5 stars if you replaced the red on the MD flag pattern to purple.

Steelers - (**)(**)(**)(**)(*.5) . Outside the box, I like it. But it isn't my favourite.

25yzwqg.png

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great update! I think that the colder gold works better with the feather, and I like how you switched the white from bottom to top. Really great. Idk if you can do this, but it would show up on that side helmet... and I hate to be nit-picky but that curly R... it was first the cheerleader logo. I remember when i was little and went to the games thats like what was on the board when they came out... only coaches wear it occasionally. uhh other than that really great work. idk if you want to but consider their current pant stripe scheme... i find it very cool. heres a link: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4052/4525195349_ec70a5f278_o.jpg

ps i know that this is a throwback pic but the stripe is the same... i was reading another post and they mentioned that the skins sleeve stripe was like incorrect or something... this is what they think it should look like... idk i love the arrow on the sleeve tho, nice throwback touch. HAIL!

ugh my posts are so disorganized but i thot of somehting... gold facemask por favor? :D

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Bengals: AMAZING!! 10/10

Browns: Good, not great 6/10

Ravens: Don't like the sleeve stripes but loving the pants on the road alt uni. 7/10

Steelers: Fantastic! 9/10

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

If you're going for realism, the manufacturer's logo goes on the sleeves. The NFL has never allowed their uniform licensees to put logos on the chest like Nike does in college.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

If you're going for realism, the manufacturer's logo goes on the sleeves. The NFL has never allowed their uniform licensees to put logos on the chest like Nike does in college.

True, but pretty soon here football players won't have any sleeves at all, so that'll have to change :)

may be part of the deal. It wouldn't surprise me if it ended up on the chest when it's all said and done

Steelers - LOOOOOOOOVE. This is one place where the diamond-plating looks fantastic. Perfectly integrated!

I love the Browns' alt with the orange pants. It's really distinct.

I think the Ravens' home unis need more purple, but maybe that's because, well, I love purple. The all-black uniforms are a little too dark for my tastes, and the purple is their standout unique color, with the exception of the Vikings. Fantastic work!

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

Okay, now up is the NFC South, which I must say is my favorite division that I did.

Buccaneers: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt

Falcons: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt

Panthers: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt

Saints: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt

Buccaneers: First, I eliminated black from the color scheme except for the outline of the logos, just to simplify the scheme. The uniforms were inspired by TCU's Pro Combat in 2009, with pewter replacing the frogskin, and I brought in a little more orange.

Falcons: I broke up the logo on these and used the top part for the sleeve striping, and the bottom part on the pants, and I think it really works well.

Panthers: This set is one of my more radical ones. I completely got rid of white for the Panthers, making the road unis silver. I also made the striping consistent and used a new number font.

Saints: These are very similar to their current unis, just simplified. I got rid of all outlines except for on the logo and used a single stripe on the helmet to match the pants. Also, the fleur-de-lis's on the shoulders are stitched on, basically the same thing as the odd plant-like design on the 2009 Pro Combats.

That is one of the first Bucs concepts I have liked that tried to incorporate the old color scheme and the new one.

The Saints aren't bad. Having the logo on the front of the uniform is a nice idea, but I think you need to work on its incorporation better. Having them slanted looks weird. I also think it would look nicer if you just made the logos bold rather than subtle.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I love 3 out of 4 of them, especially Carolina. It'll be perfect if you add a Carolina blue alt. The one I don't like is New Orleans. The uniforms are very bland, especially the road one...it needs less black and more gold. I love TB and ATL, by the way.

25yzwqg.png

Bucs: I love the away one, but i don´t know why i don´t like the home jersey that much

Falcons and Panthers: I really love the change you did specially with Atlanta :D

Saints: Maybe a little bit more of gold.

Very good job, i cant wait to see the whole league :D

dragonssignature.gif

Im from Costa Rica...so i dont have a huge english level...understand me

:rolleyes:

I love all your concepts so far. You do a great job of being creative, but still making a concept that a pro sports team could wear. Your latest set (the NFC South) is my favorite so far.

Tampa Bay- This is by far the best I've seen anyone combine their throwback orange with their current color scheme. My only change would be changing the facemask and number outlines to black. (I know you said you want to eliminate black but this little amount of black would be an improvement while still not dominating the color scheme or the jersey design)

Atlanta- I love the sleeve stripe. The only change I would make is taking the A off the pants

Carolina- One of my favorite concepts that I've seen on this site. I absolutely love the silver away jersey. Everything about that concept is perfect.

New Orleans- I don't mind the blandness. I love the logo on the chest, a very creative idea and well executed. My only change would be making the pants stripe wrap around the back.

This is an excellent set of designs, great job mbannon.

I've been saying for years that if the manufacturer logo must be on the jerseys, it should be above the NOB. I realize that Nike would never go for this, as long hair would cover it up a lot, but there's got to be a way to get it off the sleeve so it doesn't nearly touch team sleeve logos. I'd almost rather there be a single swoosh on the chest rather than one on each sleeve. Also, do we know for sure that Nike didn't get chest placement worked into the deal?

Sorry to go off topic from the concepts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived