ESPN NBA Marvel Comics

Conrad.

If they just threw Deron Williams in there, it'd be perfect! :D

Overall, I really like the idea. It's strange to see Captain America and crew vie for a ring, but it still gives the idea that these players are "superheroes" of some sort, if they are to be in the same class as them. I think it's pretty neat!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

If they just threw Deron Williams in there, it'd be perfect! :D

Overall, I really like the idea. It's strange to see Captain America and crew vie for a ring, but it still gives the idea that these players are "superheroes" of some sort, if they are to be in the same class as them. I think it's pretty neat!

Yeah, having Spidey, Hulk, and crew in there is retarded. I'm sorry, but professional athletes are more likely to be on the super villain list anyway. Ditch the comic heroes and this would be a cool piece of promo art for basketball.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

WESTERN CONFERENCE illustrations (including Deron, knnhrvy16)

If you don't have ESPN Insider you can't see it

You're also not a sports fan as well as not being able to see it ;)

That's what they'd have you believe. I really wish there was a better alternative to ESPN. Why should I have to pay to read somebody's opinion? Especially when they're opinion is influenced by the network and what creates the most buzz? I remember John Kruk saying they made him pick the Pirates as a team to watch for...

But back on point, I can't see them either, but I really love that first one and was hoping to see the others. Good idea for ESPN, generating a little attention for their NBA preview that they might not otherwise get. I've always loved that comic book style of artwork.

IUe6Hvh.png

You're also not a sports fan as well as not being able to see it ;)

That's what they'd have you believe. I really wish there was a better alternative to ESPN. Why should I have to pay to read somebody's opinion? Especially when they're opinion is influenced by the network and what creates the most buzz? I remember John Kruk saying they made him pick the Pirates as a team to watch for...

But back on point, I can't see them either, but I really love that first one and was hoping to see the others. Good idea for ESPN, generating a little attention for their NBA preview that they might not otherwise get. I've always loved that comic book style of artwork.

Agreed. I used to have ESPN Insider to get access to all of the trade rumor mills; I discontinued it. SI and Yahoo! Sports provide a whole lot of insight, analysis, rumors, etc., too -- and they're both free. Not to mention the fact that virtually all major stories are now broken on Twitter.

Still, there are times (such as this) where I wish I still had access. :P

It's also an interesting example of corporate synergy (now that Disney owns Marvel).

Google is my friend.

Here's the ESPN-Marvel "cover" for the Wizards' season preview (done by an artist who's presumably pretty low on Marvel's depth chart):

john-wall-comic-book-cover.jpg

Cleveland (dwelling on the past, but the cover is a nice Spider-Man homage):

8969389-large.jpg

Miami (with an X-Men feel; although Bosh still wearing cornrows, for some reason):

1467914-heat_super.jpg

Utah (with Deron Williams as Daredevil):

deron_daredevil.jpg

Detroit (focusing on Joe D's team-building skills, which makes sense, since the team has no stars right now):

x23179f4b.jpg

Archived