When I take over the NFL

CAB

Well it seems like everybody these days is creating their own versions of what they think Nike should do with the NFL...which is all fine and dandy. But I thought it would be way more fun to do what I thought the NFL should look like. Why be limited to Nike templates? I'll be doing these as if it's my very own uniform supplier providing the uniforms for the NFL. I don't know how much I'll change it up, but I am welcome to some suggestions and criticism. Most of these will probably go unchanched. I'll post them 2 or more teams at a time (4 to start out with) just to see what people think of my ideas. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys viewing these!

Cowboys-- Home | Home Alt | Road |Road Alt

Bills-- Home | Home Alt| Road | Road Alt

Broncos-- Home | Home Alt| Road

Titans-- Home | Home Alt| Road | Road Alt

Saints-- Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Panthers-- Home | Home Alt 1 | Home Alt 2 | Road | Road Alt

Steelers-- Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Vikings-- Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Dolphins-- Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

49ers-- Home | Road | Road Alt

Lions-- Home | Road | Alt

Browns-- Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt 1 | Road Alt 2

Texans-- Home | Home Alt 1 | Home Alt 2 | Road | Road Alt

Seahawks-- Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Raiders-- Home | Home Alt | Road

Eagles-- Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Bengals-- Home | Home Alt| Road | Road Alt

Falcons-- Home | Home Alt | Road

Colts-- Home | Road | Road Alt

Rams-- Home | Home Alt | Road

Redskins-- Home | Road | Road Alt

Jets-- Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Chiefs-- Home | Road | Road Alt

Packers-- Home | Road

Buccaneers-- Home | Road | Road Alt

Patriots-- Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Jaguars-- Home | Road | Road Alt

Cardinals-- Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Chargers-- Home | Road | Road Alt

Giants-- Home | Home Alt | Road

Ravens-- Home | Home Alt | Road

Bears-- Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

The first four concepts' links are posted above.

Cowboys-- Main goal here was to give them a more consistent look. Just navy and silver. Two templates for the home and road? I don't think so. And the sickly green/silver color has to go. There's also an alternate navy pants option.

Bills-- It's no secret they have thee absolute worst uniforms in the National Football League. Pretty much anything could be an improvement. Yes, I know the horn-stripe-thing has been used a few times before in concepts. Probably because it looks good. I've also seen some concepts still including navy; which I like but I think a return to the simple blue and red is what's best for them.

Broncos-- The famous "bronco stripe" has become one of the most overused design elements of the last decade. Not that it was bad; I loved it to begin with. But then seeing so many other times for mainly high school and college teams, you just start to get sick of it. I wanted to keep the same basic feel of the stripe, but not have such bulky side panels. I also believe a return to orange works good and helps to differentiate them from the Bears just a little.

Titans-- A little bit of a combination of eras here. I like the Titans current colors...that being said I love the old Oilers colors. So that's a change here (gee, a lot of color changes eh?). I wanted to keep a somewhat similar shoulder design like they have, and find a way to work in the red. You may notice the helmet logo is changed too. I feel that the flames are really just sort of unnecessary, and I really like the look of the plain circle by itself.

Well that's all I got for now. Stay tuned for more concepts in the future. Like I said, I don't plan on changing these very much; but please tell me what you think!

PS- I'm having trouble finding very many svg logos...any help with that?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowboys: Really good 8/10

Bills: Meh 5/10

Broncos; Absolutely LOVE it!!! 10/10

Titans: Like the design, don't like the colours 7/10

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Cowboys: Thank you.

Bills: Definitely an improvement, and I'm glad you got rid of the navy.

Broncos: I REALLY like these. I like the change back to orange, and the striping is very unique but not outrageous, which is good.

Titans: I'm not really fan of these. The modern jersey design doesn't really work with the classic helmet/pants striping, and I would keep navy in the color scheme to differentiate these from the Oilers.

And I know one of the SVG templates has all the NFL logos...I don't remember which one though. If you can't find it I can send it to you.

Cowboys: Obvious improvement, not much to say here.

Bills: Not bad, I think it could look good on the field.

Broncos: I love what you were going for here, but something looks odd about the chest stripe, it kind of throws off the balance between the front and back of the jersey.

Titans: I think you nailed this one, perfect, I'd say.

Cowboys - 9/10, for consistency.

Bills - 10/10, amazing that no one has EVER brought up the idea of using that "red stripe thingy" in their logo as the motivation for uniform striping. Great idea. Perfectly executed.

Broncos - 4/10, eh...I think this is a big downgrade.

:censored: - 6/10, again. I like roads much better than the homes.

SigReflect.png

When I take over the NFL

Someone has big plans! :grin:

Actually, I believe it was a play on my thread, which is fine with me. I must say though, I started working on my thread LONG before Nike got the NFL, and I started posting before also.

When I take over the NFL

Actually, I believe it was a play on my thread, which is fine with me. I must say though, I started working on my thread LONG before Nike got the NFL, and I started posting before also.

I know, it's just funny how it sounds.

25yzwqg.png

When I take over the NFL

Oh yeah, I know what you're saying...I like it very much as well. And it shows my extremely incredible influence on the boards :P

When I take over the NFL

Oh yeah, I know what you're saying...I like it very much as well. And it shows my extremely incredible influence on the boards :P

I've seen your concepts mbannon, and I must say I like a lot of your stuff! Honestly I didn't even know the name of your thread hahah. But I guess great minds think alike. ^_^

I absolutely love the Broncos and Titans.

But could you make more unique alts, like you did in the NFL alternate jersey series you made a while back?

And to answer your question, I probably won't be making alternates like that. That was more of a side project focused on just the alternate jersey, and I want these to be more about the team's entire identity. But there is a chance I could redo those sometime in the future!

Thanks for the comments everyone, it seems like people like these for the most part.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Cowboys and Bills are great!

Titans: I like the flames on the logo a lot so this is somewhat of a downgrade, but I like the return to the Oilers colors.

Broncos: I am tired of the sidepanels they have now, and also agree that they need to go back to orange. I don't like the striping patterns you chose. Also, on the helmet, I don't like the traditional striping with that logo, especially the inclusion of white in the stripe and facemask.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Cowboys - 9/10, for consistency.

Bills - 10/10, amazing that no one has EVER brought up the idea of using that "red stripe thingy" in their logo as the motivation for uniform striping. Great idea. Perfectly executed.

Broncos - 4/10, eh...I think this is a big downgrade.

:censored: - 6/10, again. I like roads much better than the homes.

Agree with the the first part, but have to disagree with the second. As it is just now it's kind confusing as the swoosh for want a better term faces one way in the helmet and in the other direction on the jersey. If the intention of this red detail is to imply speed then surely they should all face the same way or it contradicts their meaning.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Here's the last two I've completed.

Saints-- For some reason, I have always wanted for them to adopt a look like this. White helmet, gold jersey, white pants. I just really love the look of it. I know many people might not like it, but ehh who cares! This is what I want. :P

Panthers-- You may or may not have seen my NFL Third Jerseys thread which is linked in my signature (shameless plug), but the Panthers jerseys are based off of the alternate I did for them there. I just thought it was too good to be just an alternate. Another thing I wanted to do here was to make black the primary color used. I mean panthers are black after all, right? I also got rid of silver, making just a simple black, light blue, and white color scheme.

Agree with the the first part, but have to disagree with the second. As it is just now it's kind confusing as the swoosh for want a better term faces one way in the helmet and in the other direction on the jersey. If the intention of this red detail is to imply speed then surely they should all face the same way or it contradicts their meaning.

9erssteve

You're talking about the direction the swoosh is facing on the helmet logo aren't you? I get what you're saying there, but don't you think it'd look a little weird to have the shoulder stripes facing in the opposite direction?

Here's the last two I've completed.

Saints-- For some reason, I have always wanted for them to adopt a look like this. White helmet, gold jersey, white pants. I just really love the look of it. I know many people might not like it, but ehh who cares! This is what I want. :P

Panthers-- You may or may not have seen my NFL Third Jerseys thread which is linked in my signature (shameless plug), but the Panthers jerseys are based off of the alternate I did for them there. I just thought it was too good to be just an alternate. Another thing I wanted to do here was to make black the primary color used. I mean panthers are black after all, right? I also got rid of silver, making just a simple black, light blue, and white color scheme.

9erssteve

You're talking about the direction the swoosh is facing on the helmet logo aren't you? I get what you're saying there, but don't you think it'd look a little weird to have the shoulder stripes facing in the opposite direction?

Yeah I'm talking about the fact the red wedge goes from thin at the Buffalo's horns and gets thicker as it goes back, while your jersey has them going the other way round. Do I think it would look weird to have the shoulder stripes get wider? No not really. If that's how it appears on the helmet, to me it makes more sense that the match on the uniform. What's weird to me is having them going in opposite directions. Kinda makes the whole set look like it lacks direction... but then again looking at some of Buffalo's results this year perhaps thats fitting, who knows? ;)

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived