When I take over the NFL

CAB

My only comment that wouldn't be an echo of either the last two posts is on the Seahawks set; I love the white helmet, and I think you did a great job in simplifying the whole uniform. I do think there's room to keep lime green in there, though. The team has always had some form of green as part of its color scheme (as has practically every major sports franchise in Seattle), and Washington is the Evergreen State. I think it belongs in there somewhere.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eagles: I would match the sleeve stripes to the "E" and the "S" in "EAGLES"

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I think you've really got something with the Bills uniform. Old school look with a great use of the red stripe. I really like it and I think that says a lot coming from a Miami Dolphin fan. :)

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Falcons-- Home | Home Alt | Road

Colts-- Home | Road | Road Alt

Rams-- Home | Home Alt | Road

Redskins-- Home | Road | Road Alt

Falcons-- Now this one was a little tough, since they're my team. I wanted to make this something I'd like to see them wear on the field. I'd seen the "wing" thing done on a different concept, and I really like it. That's what I think the Falcons' uniforms should be like: angular and agressive. So that design finds its way onto the sleeves and pants. Red home jerseys and red helmets here as well as a black alternate.

Colts-- The Colts have a classic look, so I didn't change much. I tried to fix the problem they have now with the new jerseys, by bringing the seam down further to extend the stripes. I added small dots on the stripes to match the logo, a subtle addition that I don't think would be too drastic of a change. The only other change I made was double stripes on the helmet for consistency.

Rams-- Solid blue and gold here. Some teams really work well not including white, and I think the Rams are one of them. I don't think the gold alternate is too crazy here?

Redskins-- Traditional Redskins fans will not like this, but I think this is a really neat striping design that the Redskins should try out. Somewhat of a barberpole design. And yes, thank God, YELLOW PANTS. I removed the stripes from the helmet because I didn't think they worked with this set.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Falcons: Can you say "perfect"? 10/10

Colts: It's improving, but you didn't really do anything so dractic (which is good) so I give you a 9.5/10

Rams: Love it. But I would like to see some outlines on those numbers. 9.5/10, give me white outlines on the navy and gold jerseys and navy outlines on the white jerseys and we have a winner!

Redskins: I see what you're trying to do here, but it's a bit accesive on the sleeves, don't ya think? And, IMO, it's executed terribly. You need outlines on the outsides of the pant pattern so the burgundy doesn't blend on burgundy and the white doesn't blend on white. I'll give it a 6/10, but with major improvements it turn into a signature look.

25yzwqg.png

great falcons set...but i have to say, ive seen that exact sleeve design on here before. its ok tho...ive had concepts that end up matching up with someone elses! great minds think alike.

That would be me! ^_^

I don't really mind though, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

@mbannon- I forgot where I'd seen those, now I remember. Very nice idea. Too good to not use! ^_^

Might as well post the next three since I already have them done.

Jets-- Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Chiefs-- Home | Road | Road Alt

Packers-- Home | Road

Jets-- Same general idea here, just modernized a bit with tapered stripes. Same goes for the helmets and pants. The only thing that I really don't like about the Jets current unis are the helmet logos. Too complicated, IMO. I just stuck with the simple NY logo. The only other change I made was some small modifications to the number font.

Chiefs-- Yes I know the Chiefs have had the same uniforms for...uhh...a long time! But I wanted to try something new. A modern design on the sleeves and pants here. I also eliminated black on the helmet logo.

Packers-- Once again, another classic team and not a lot to change. The only changes I made were making the stripes match exactly on the home and road (see: Florida Gators) and removing the collar stripes which weren't really working with the new templates.

Side note: I'm trying to finish these up quickly so I can get back to drawing logos and hopefully creating better quality identities with Inkscape!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

It's amazing how one small detail can make such a big difference. Taking the black off the Chiefs' helmets improved them a *lot*, IMO. I kinda like the stripes too.

The Packers, not much to say since there's really not much you can do with their uniforms to completely screw up the look. Well, okay, maybe one thing...

The only thing I'm not feeling is the Jets' numbers. It doesn't look like enough of an attempt to be different to a standard block, if that makes any sense... like you started to tweak it and stopped halfway.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

Archived