Cleveland Browns

Lights Out

I like this minus the Brown pants, and orange numbers--orange outline would be nice though.

Yea...I'm a Browns fan what can I say.

Presentation is fantastic, btw.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The Browns tried orange numbers on the brown jerseys in 1984, used them in a preseason game, and it was ruled by the league that they were impossible to see from far away. The team had to scrap the entire set of jerseys

Here’s a 1984 newspaper clipping explaining how the Browns had to modify their home uni numbers (rare non-Pittsburgh-centric contribution from Jerry Wolper).

with the link to the newspaper story http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=kFlAAAAAIBAJ&sjid=v1YMAAAAIBAJ&pg=1066%2C2673152

and then more info appeared in the following days on uniwatch, but this was the most important one

More info on those orange-numbered Browns jerseys from 1984. Here’s what we definitely know: The orange-numbered dark jerseys were worn for one preseason game and then scrapped, and no orange-numbered white jersey was ever worn for any game, preseason or otherwise. But were the white jerseys ordered and manufactured? If so, that would explain the existence of this jersey. I explained the situation to Ravens PR man Kevin Byrne, who worked for the Browns back in ’84 (he’s even quoted in this old article about the jerseys). His response: “Doesn’t add up — I don’t remember seeing these. If they were made, they didn’t even make it to a practice with the Browns.”

27.jpg

So I'd recommend changing that, but otherwise, it looks like a pretty good set.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

overall a great concept. i like the pants on the pro combat template. but yes, the orange numbers got to go. also im not sure i like the outlines on the numbers on both too. but great work and presentation

maehl.png

idk, i like the orange on the white numbers, but not on the brown numbers. The orange looks close to brown from far away (i base that on my above post, i realize that they don't look that close here). Considering that, the orange outline on white numbers would blend with the jersey, not the numbers, making them very visible. On the white jersey, the orange outline on brown numbers would blend with the numbers, making them look thick and muddy, and not very distinguishable. But, I realize that you want coherence in the set, so something like having the orange outline a bit away from the number, as on the above pictured orange numbered jersey, might be a solution.

Overall, it's a small detail, and not something to be too too concerned about. It's a nice concept.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Update:

browns2.png

Comments?

A few things:

? Change the orange belt to brown.

? Change the NOB text color to brown for better visibility.

? Switch to a white facemask.

? Add the BROWNS collar wordmark.

Then it's good to go.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

A few things:

Change the orange belt to brown.

Change the NOB text color to brown for better visibility.

Add the BROWNS collar wordmark.

Then it's good to go.

I agree with all of these, and also maybe switch up the striping on the socks to either match the sleeve stripes or the pants stripe.

jNTsTyQ.png

Kool. I'd put the dog logo on the helmet.

I'll second that

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Kool. I'd put the dog logo on the helmet.

I'll second that

But they're the Browns. Not the dogs. The dog logo is only a reference to the fans behind the endzone, not the team. Makes as much sense as putting a hog on the Redskins' uniforms.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

A few things:

? Change the orange belt to brown.

? Change the NOB text color to brown for better visibility.

? Switch to a white facemask.

? Add the BROWNS collar wordmark.

Then it's good to go.

Do you mean gray?

My bad. It looks gray on my iPhone.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived