Concept a long time in the making

undead

Hello all, it's been a while.

I posted my first concept on these boards three years ago. It was for a fantasy team called the Pittsburgh Zombies. When I look back at it, it has no character. Since I've gotten better at Inkscape it's helped me with my logos. Also, Davidson's tutorials have helped a lot(thanks Fraser).Lately, I've been studying cartoon characters to help give my concepts some life. I've also been trying to simplify my logos. Limiting the colors and the details. The idea is the same, a zombie logo because I love zombies. I changed the name to Rotters because I read a book where they refer to the undead as rotters. The name seems more interesting than zombies, more original.

This concept is the furthest I've ever gone in developing a brand. I have a primary,secondary,tertiary, and a somewhat custom wordmark. I also have alternate marks that are not finished yet. When they're done I'll be sure to post them here. Enough gab, on to the logos.

text6618.png

text5044.png

text5045.png

text5046.png

I based the hand reaching out on an animated Batman DVD I saw at the store today. I still suck at hands. Really need to practice them. The wordmark is based off of Feast of Flesh from dafont.

Let me know what you logo nuts think about them.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Rendering is top notch, but that hand needs work. otherwise this is a well done really fun concept.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I love it. this is fantastic work. I love the colors. The thick outlines make this pop. I really like the rendering style: it works as a cartoon and a sports logo. It is fun yet a great mark. The wordmark looks great but I instantly recognized the font (yes I know you altered it a bit) and that really throws me off.

I'm extremely jealous of the presentation and if you don't mind could I make something very similar to that for my NFL expansion thread?

Rendering is top notch, but that hand needs work. otherwise this is a well done really fun concept.

Agreed. The tertiary is my absolutely favorite but that hand looks like it simply wants a high-five. Maybe rotate it 60 degrees to the left so it looks like its reaching out for someone instead.

I also saw the 3 dots on the hand in the primary and immediately saw a cartoon face, something from Nickelodeon's CatDog or a Nick Jr. show. And now that I see it there, it's all I can see each time.

That aside, I love the rendering here, and hey, it may be an exisiting font, but it fits well!

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Wow. :censored: wonderful. The "P" logo is brilliant. The hand could use a little work, but the idea is genius. It seems like it's a bit too hard-edged/angled for the rest of the concept...maybe just extend the fingers a bit and make them less squared off.

This is really, really great. Best thing I've seen on here in a while. Perfect for a minor league team. Try this on the Tertiary: Position two hands as if there is a zombie inside trying to pull himself out through the hole in the 'P,' then just toss the glowing yellow eyes in the empty space between the hands.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm extremely jealous of the presentation and if you don't mind could I make something very similar to that for my NFL expansion thread?

Thanks for all the comments so far guys. Keep 'em coming. Go right ahead and use a similar presentation. I'm happy that someone appreciates it that much.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

This one kinda slipped past me, but man, excellent work! My favorite parts are the color combo, and the wordmark, but the whole set is really unique. I really like the P logo too, pretty creative. I think Andrewharringtons suggestion on that would be cool to see, but it looks pretty decent already. Nice job!

• 4 weeks later...

Big update! I'm trying to develop this concept to death. Thanks for all the suggestions. I like this concept so much I can't get enough.

First, this new artwork will not appear anywhere on the jersey. It's more of an additional mark to be used on the website. Kinda like a "contact us" link. I like the spookiness of a broken window with the "dead of night" outside. Really did that mark as just a gag.

RottersBrokenWindowFinalPresentation.png

Next up is by suggestion. Like I said before I'm not good at drawing hands(but I'm working on it). This logo is the Rotter trying to pull himself thru the "P". If it's on the right track, I'll work on the hands some more.

RottersTertiaryFinalPresentationRevised.png

And finally is taking a concept too far, an inaugural season patch.

RottersInauguralSeasonPatchFinalPresentation.png

Lots of feedback please and thank you.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Pittsburgh's current NHL team should consider renaming themselves this. It's an awesome piece of work, and it would fit with my opinion of that current NHL team.

This is phenomenal work. The new tertiary is perfect IMO. Right amount of detail/simplification/storytelling. Perfect. Even the Inaugural Season patch is great. This is a solid identity all around. Terrific work on developing this and working on it. I love that you're so invested in it. Keep it up!

All of the logos are fantastic. This is a great collection.

With the new tertiary logo, it may help the hands come over as "hands" if you gave them fingernails in some way. Just a single curved line per finger could do the trick.

Awesome work - this is a team that should exist.

These are so cool, I love the inaugural patch, really cool. The thing that I think these need is a sport. Are they football, hockey, there is no sport specific aspect to them. Maybe turn one of the wooden boards into a hockey stick?

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Archived