EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jaha32, your logos are amazing...would love to speak with you in PM but since I am a new member don't think it will work for me a while. I'm assuming you do this for a living, or at least I hope you do. I have a non-profit youth sports basketball organization that is in desperate need of a new logo (don't let the "non-profit" scare you, we can pay). Since I can't see your user profile or PM you this was my only route. Do you have a site or something I can reach you through?

Thanks! I tried to PM you, but it didnt work like you said. I dont do this for a living actually, just a hobby as of late. I appreciate your offer but Im going to have to decline. Im sure if you want, you could contact others from this site and somebody would be happy to help you out.

Going back, I feel the Las Vegas Aces really need a gold VEGAS alt, because the VEGAS wordmark is only seen on the pants of the regular jerseys, and nowhere else.

Also, the road and alt scripts for the Mobsters should be switched.

My personal favorite set is the Jacksonville Hammerheads.

P.S. There should be a team in the Verizon Arena in North Little Rock, Arkansas.

I may make a Las Vegas alt. I guess they could use it. On Manhattan I do have the city (borough) on the away and mascot on alt. Ive been told that's the way to do it (like I did on the Owls). Ive considered Little Rock (they have a nice arena) but Im not sure about it. Id name them after the state if I did use Little Rock.

I do have a question for you and others and Im not trying to be a smarta$$, Im kind of serious just based on comments I see on these boards all the time. These comments dont come across as suggestions, but rather manditory things that 'need' to be. So here's my question that Ive kind of been wondering for some time...

Are there actually "rules" to making jerseys that jersey designs need to follow (for example - placement of wordmarks, etc)? I know there are trends, but rules?

I was looking at these before I signed up and...wooww. Every single one of these are amazing. Good work jaha

Thanks. I appreciate your comment!

I made more changes to the primary logo. I wanted the bull head to be more in the center of the logo since it is the focal point and it bothered me off to the side before. So here they are with jerseys, which took me a while just because I think Im running out of ideas. I made a alternate orange jersey but didnt like it so decided to settle on just two jerseys, at least for now.

The player is Bob Boozer who I never heard of before but after a little research found he had some pretty good years and is the best NBAer from Omaha. He played for numerous teams and wore numerous numbers in the 1960s and 70s (his best years while with the Bulls where he wrote #19).

STAMPEDE-2.gif

STAMPEDE_jersey.gif

I think the newer logos (especially the elimination of gray) are 10x better. Much crisper and brighter. I do have two small issues with the logos, though.

First, I'm not sure about including a star above the bull's head. It may just be me, but the combo of bull/steer head with star says "Texas" and more specifically "Houston Texans." Since the star imagery isn't included anywhere else in the identity, I'd lose it. Secondly, I think the shape of the bull head logo that includes the neck is MUCH stronger than the head alone, and it should replace the solitary head at center court and on the unis. To me, the extra shape and weight behind the head evokes more of a charging/stampeding feel than the solitary, floating head.

The uniforms are very nice. Good color balance.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Maybe the shorts arent so bad afterall. Sometimes it's hard to take a step back and see these as they really are when you're the guy making them. I will fix the collar/shorts striping, mcbannon, and a few other things, but the whole set is still far from my favorite.

dgnmrwrw, I'll take the star out. I just threw it in as a space-filler. I couldnt think of anything that is specifically Nebraskan to put their (other than a corncob but that is too detailed for that small space and would seem out of place). I'll also use the logo with the neck on the court like you said.

This team is taking me a while but hopefully we'll get it there soon.

Jaha32, your logos are amazing...would love to speak with you in PM but since I am a new member don't think it will work for me a while. I'm assuming you do this for a living, or at least I hope you do. I have a non-profit youth sports basketball organization that is in desperate need of a new logo (don't let the "non-profit" scare you, we can pay). Since I can't see your user profile or PM you this was my only route. Do you have a site or something I can reach you through?

Thanks! I tried to PM you, but it didnt work like you said. I dont do this for a living actually, just a hobby as of late. I appreciate your offer but Im going to have to decline. Im sure if you want, you could contact others from this site and somebody would be happy to help you out.

Going back, I feel the Las Vegas Aces really need a gold VEGAS alt, because the VEGAS wordmark is only seen on the pants of the regular jerseys, and nowhere else.

Also, the road and alt scripts for the Mobsters should be switched.

My personal favorite set is the Jacksonville Hammerheads.

P.S. There should be a team in the Verizon Arena in North Little Rock, Arkansas.

I may make a Las Vegas alt. I guess they could use it. On Manhattan I do have the city (borough) on the away and mascot on alt. Ive been told that's the way to do it (like I did on the Owls). Ive considered Little Rock (they have a nice arena) but Im not sure about it. Id name them after the state if I did use Little Rock.

I do have a question for you and others and Im not trying to be a smarta$$, Im kind of serious just based on comments I see on these boards all the time. These comments dont come across as suggestions, but rather manditory things that 'need' to be. So here's my question that Ive kind of been wondering for some time...

Are there actually "rules" to making jerseys that jersey designs need to follow (for example - placement of wordmarks, etc)? I know there are trends, but rules?

I'm so sorry my coments insulted you. I was just making some suggestions. I love all of these concepts and I think they are amazing. I've noticed that they are allegories to actual NBA teams (Fire=Heat, Outlaws=Sonics, etc), kind of like what robbman21 did for his Alternate Universe concepts. The Stampede jerseys are perfect, no changes to the 2 needed. There are no rules to jersey making. Remember what the NBA teams did in the 90s? That was actually in real life.

karmew32, it's alright. There was no harm in your comments. My question wasnt intended to be directed at you solely, but to everyone.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Anyways, I updated the Stampede jerseys (not sure if it's an improvement) and court. The star is no longer in the primary logo either, so here it is updated.

STAMPEDE_jersey-1.gif

And to those that care, updated divisional alignment.

METRO

Brooklyn

Connecticut

Empire State

Long Island

Manhattan

SOUTHEAST

Carolina (I decided to change the name afterall)

D.C.

Jacksonville

Virginia

CENTRAL

Birmingham

Cincinnati

Columbus

Louisville

SOUTHWEST

Albuquerque

Austin

Omaha

Salt Lake

Tulsa

GOLD (PACIFIC)

Anaheim

California

Las Vegas

San Jose

I think this could be a great direction for the OKC Thunder to go. Subtle hint of a lightning bolt behind the bull makes it perfect for me and the name could both mean weather as well as the thunderous rumble that a stampede would cause. Orange and black could also work great because there aren't any teams that use just those two colors. (If they wanted a third color, silver would be perfect)

I really like the striping on the uniforms!

I personally think the logo with the wordmark on the court is unnecessary. I think you nailed it with the first one. I think the logo looks better without the neck if it's not going to be contained in the crest.

The version with the neck at centre court is a big improvement.

Excellent job, and you set yourself up well for the possibility of an orange alt in the future.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Here's an orange alt. Nothing special, just some color swapping.

When I added that subtle lighting bolt on the bull's neck I was kind of thinking OKC Thunder or just Stampede-like motion in general.

I leave the center court logo as it is now since most seem to like it better.

Zen, I have considered Colorado, but the only city that I think fits the kind of markets Ive been using is Denver. Colorado Springs just seems a tad too small although I havent looked at its exact population data. Boulder is too small. If I did, I'd maybe use the name Colorado Centennials (although it sounds more like a baseball name), but Im not planning on it right now.

STAMPEDE_jersey-2.gif

Archived