EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

Looks a whole lot better than mine rendering-wise, but there's not a whole lot of definition in the eye here. It just looks like a white streak, and there doesn't seem to be a pupil. That, IMO, will help add to the aggresivenes.

On top of that, he still looks pretty stationary, maybe if you skewed it to the right a little bit? Just an idea.

The pupil is still there it seems, just less defined. I like it. It looks a bit more animal-like, and less caricature-like. Instead of the deer being "enraged" it now seems strong and determined, which I think matches the name perfectly.

The only thing that never quite sit right with me is the shape of the antlers. It is more of a stylistic interpretation to help the flow of the logo, but the abrupt angle sticks out for me. With that said, changing it to a more natural looking antler will disrupt the action lines.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the rest of the Stags set. Funkatron, they are now playing in St. Paul in the Xcel Energy Center. I originally put them in Minneapolis because although Minneapolis has 3 major pro teams, none of them use the name "Minneapolis" and it is the bigger of the two Twin Cities, but St. Paul works just as well.

Kept the same color scheme. I tried a few others but none of them seemed to pop like the red and blue, and this looks similar to the Twins color scheme so I liked it. I'll try to stay away from red and blue in the future though if possible.

I didnt skew the stag any more. If it leaned any more, the entire composition of the logo was too much to the right, and I think this stationary stag is ok.

I also got rid of that sharp anlge on the antlers to hopefully make it a little more realistic.

The jerseys are the same as they were before, just new words and numbers, and the player is Kevin McHale, who is from Minnesota and went to the University of Minnesota in the Twin Cities.

STAGS-1.jpg

STAGS_jerseys.jpg

The subtle tweak to the antlers is perfect. It doesn't compromise the shape and flow of the logo at all. I'm glad you decided to change this set to the Stags. I felt that the Fury logo had to put to much emphasis on the action and emotion, which took away from the well rendered stag. Personal bias for the home town aside, this may be in my top three favorite logos of this series.

I will say, despite me harping on RWB schemes (or more specifically the use of blue in sports teams), I really like the red that you chose.

Here is the rest of the Stags set. Funkatron, they are now playing in St. Paul in the Xcel Energy Center. I originally put them in Minneapolis because although Minneapolis has 3 major pro teams, none of them use the name "Minneapolis" and it is the bigger of the two Twin Cities, but St. Paul works just as well.

Kept the same color scheme. I tried a few others but none of them seemed to pop like the red and blue, and this looks similar to the Twins color scheme so I liked it. I'll try to stay away from red and blue in the future though if possible.

I didnt skew the stag any more. If it leaned any more, the entire composition of the logo was too much to the right, and I think this stationary stag is ok.

I also got rid of that sharp anlge on the antlers to hopefully make it a little more realistic.

The jerseys are the same as they were before, just new words and numbers, and the player is Kevin McHale, who is from Minnesota and went to the University of Minnesota in the Twin Cities.

STAGS-1.jpg

STAGS_jerseys.jpg

Reminds me a little bit of the Milwaukee Bucks primary.

Thanks everyone!

McBannon, I will consider making those changes.

Great work Jaha! I love the Barons they look great & that is a great name.

The Federals look great as well was that logo not done for a minor league football team?

The secondary looks a little like the Hawks but the whole set is awesome.

I think you do as good a job as anyone I have seen of making team logos flow together.

Wow you have a good memory! The Columbus Federals logo was inspired by a logo I did 3 years ago for some small insignificant minor league team called South Carolina Force of the AIFA. They ar no defunct after two years.

As you can see I've improved since then, hopefully. I dont really care for this logo below, but I liked the general idea, so that's why I revamped it in the form of the Columbus Federals logo.

ForceGIF.gif

You have improved immensly I just recognized that logo from one of the concepts I had seen on here maybe before I even joined. Love the stags & St. Paul Stags is a cool name.

• 1 month later...

I got back to working on this series today and here's the latest team I've been working on. The Tampa Tropics. I wanted to use this name just because of the movie Semi-Pro. It kind of has a Carolina Hurricanes look to it, but I added a palm tree. I might change the font slightly, but if this looks good for the most part, I will work on jerseys.

TROPICS.jpg

Hot damn!!!

I really don't know what else to say. You cease to amaze us. Everything about that logo is perfect...the font, the colors, the palm tree on the side. Definitely the best logo of the series, and definitely one of the best I've seen here in a long time.

This looks unreal. The color scheme is great, pretty unique, and I really like the font. A couple things, the outline where the two points of the hurricane shape are don't really match up with the darker green part. I know it's really hard to get a consistent outline with that kind of shape, just something I noticed. Also, I don't think the notches in the ends of the palm leaves are really necessary , shrunken down they wouldn't even be seen.

Those are just 2 really minor things, besides that it's definitely one of the best!

Oh. My. Goodness. :jawdrop:

:notworthy:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Logo is AMAZING. If any team uses it for real, they need to do something very similar.

My only gripe (and it's a very minor one)...why not the Tampa Bay Tropics? Every team in that area goes by that name and it just rolls off the tongue a little better.

bYhYmxh.png

Archived