EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

You nailed it. Great update.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New update to the Condors jersey looks amazing! This is kind of off topic, but is there any chance of there being a Buffalo franchise?

Thanks for the comments.

I have four teams left if I stop at thirty. I am definitely putting one in Nashville. Just based on the geography there could be some funky divisional alignments if I don't place the next four teams in good places. I am considering putting a team in Providence (which would be the 6th team stuffed in the northeast corner), so I may move the Empire State Monarchs from Albany to Buffalo. I am not sure.

Just brainstorming here:

Nashville --- Stars? Avengers? Shooters? Boltz? I'm not hating any of these but I am also not loving any of these names.

Providence --- Knights?

New update to the Condors jersey looks amazing! This is kind of off topic, but is there any chance of there being a Buffalo franchise?

Thanks for the comments.

I have four teams left if I stop at thirty. I am definitely putting one in Nashville. Just based on the geography there could be some funky divisional alignments if I don't place the next four teams in good places. I am considering putting a team in Providence (which would be the 6th team stuffed in the northeast corner), so I may move the Empire State Monarchs from Albany to Buffalo. I am not sure.

Just brainstorming here:

Nashville --- Stars? Avengers? Shooters? Boltz? I'm not hating any of these but I am also not loving any of these names.

Providence --- Knights?

I think you should move Empire State from Albany to Buffalo. I think Buffalo would be a better home for a basketball team then Albany, even if it is just fictional.

One does not simply beat the Buffalo Sabres... oh wait.

Do you consider one or two canadian franchise , Montreal in the east and maybe calgary in the west ?? . Pittsburgh , St-Louis , Seattle , Colorado Spring or Little Rock could be good choice for your last expansion , for Providence why not calling it Providence Reds in honor of the state bird the Rhodes Island Red Hen .

Btw your post is my favorite on the forum right now , that could be awesome if your fictional league was made as a video games serie :)

Some good ideas there, guys.

I like the names Sounds for Nashville, but it is already taken. Sound (no s) could be possible but it' still the same idea so probably not.

Bluegrassers is music related, which I like, but Im not feeling it for a basketball team name for whatever reason.

I think I will move the Monarchs to Buffalo (or Rochestser) since Albany as the smallest market anyway.

geiser123- Im planning to keep it in the US as of now. Reds is a good name for Providence since it is related to the state, but I dont want another team with the same name as an MLB team (Royals already). I also think it would be cool to see these teams on a video game much like team builder on Madden.

Other ideas:

-Nashville Legends

-Lake Erie Legends (Named after the legend of a monster in Lake Erie. Based on the same idea as the Lake Erie Monsters in the AHL). They would have to play in Cleveland or Buffalo, and I dont want to use Cleveland because there are already 2 Ohio teams in this league.

-Greensboro Gunners - the southeast needs another team and G'boro is kind of in the south.

I would absolutely love to see a team based in Little Rock, Arkansas AND Des Moines, Iowa.

I know that you already have a team in Omaha, but an Omaha-Des Moines/Iowa could make a fast rivalry.

The same can go for Nashville (like you said) and Little Rock/Arkansas.

Here's a few ideas for team names for both places:

Arkansas Rebels

Arkansas Outlaws

Arkansas Naturals

Arkansas Delta

Arkansas Ozarks

Iowa RoughRiders

Iowa Wind

Iowa Pioneers

Iowa Cropdusters

IowaOaks.png

I would absolutely love to see a team based in Little Rock, Arkansas AND Des Moines, Iowa.

I know that you already have a team in Omaha, but an Omaha-Des Moines/Iowa could make a fast rivalry.

Arkansas Rebels

Arkansas Outlaws

Arkansas Naturals

Arkansas Delta

Arkansas Ozarks

Iowa RoughRiders

Iowa Wind

Iowa Pioneers

Iowa Cropdusters

Thanks for the inpute. I have been considering an Iowa team lately, but not sure if it will work out because of divisional alignment.

Little Rock could host a team, but I just dont like the name "Little Rock" and Im trying not to use too many state names like Arkansas (although I have used a few) because it comes across as sounding like a college team IMO. Little Rock Miners is an idea or Arkansas Miners.

Uniform Jipetto, I like where youre headed with the Nashville names. Im now considering the following music-related names:

- Nashville Rythme

- Nashville Hits (better for baseball though)

- Nashville Hooks (the catchy part of a song and hook shot. Is this a stretch?)

- Nashville Soul (I know it is not country music but does it work for Nasvhille?)

- Nashville Heroes (heroes doesnt necessarily have a direct music connection, but does it work?)

Savannah and Knoxville could be good choice for a southern team , even if these two cities are small market , Spokane and Boise could be also intersting market . And for Providence that could be related with the state bird even if the name Reds is not a good idea :P

Nashville Legends

Nashville Mountainers

Arkansas Rebels

Arkansas Outlaws

Arkansas Naturals

Arkansas Delta

Arkansas Ozarks

Iowa RoughRiders

Iowa Wind

Iowa Pioneers

Iowa Cropdusters

Thanks for the inpute. I have been considering an Iowa team lately, but not sure if it will work out because of divisional alignment.

Little Rock could host a team, but I just dont like the name "Little Rock" and Im trying not to use too many state names like Arkansas (although I have used a few) because it comes across as sounding like a college team IMO. Little Rock Miners is an idea or Arkansas Miners.

Uniform Jipetto, I like where youre headed with the Nashville names. Im now considering the following music-related names:

- Nashville Rythme

- Nashville Hits (better for baseball though)

- Nashville Hooks (the catchy part of a song and hook shot. Is this a stretch?)

- Nashville Soul (I know it is not country music but does it work for Nasvhille?)

- Nashville Heroes (heroes doesnt necessarily have a direct music connection, but does it work?)

I can understand where you're coming from the city name/state name thing, but in my opinion, the state name is a great way to name a team because the team itself can represent the whole state (or region) depending on where the team.

Iowa and Arkansas would be the perfect example of this because both Des Moines and Little Rock aren't "big" enough to have their own city name in it, so why not have it represent the whole state where most of us know that the majority of the state's population will be supporting that team? Does that make sense? The same can apply for Colorado (i know it has Denver but still), Minnesota, Dakota, Carolina, etc etc

And as for Nashville, I like Hooks and Heroes the best.

IowaOaks.png

I love the work you've been doing jaha. Here's some ideas off the top of my head.

Mississippi Deltas (Perhaps a catfish-theme) I think Jackson might be able to realistically support a franchise.

Nashville Notes

Colorado Cutthroats (The trout population native to the area)

Boise Bighorns

San Antonio Alamos

Salt Lake City Sentinels

The Nashville area has a rich American Indian history as well. It might be a worth-while challenge to incorporate that legacy in a tasteful and respectful way, which would be an accomplishment that few professional and collegiate teams have been able to do.

Keep up the great creative work!

Rhode Island Roosters then, if you don't want to use Reds?

And maybe the Nashville Rhythm?

I second the Rhythm. Rhythm has a basketball flow to it too. I also like the idea of using the Predators current color pallet for the Nashville team as well.

UJ

geiser123, I am feeling a music theme for Nashville, even though I hate country music. I do like the name "Kodiaks" that you mentioned, and if I were to put a team in Vancouver(not likely unless I expand to 30+ teams) or someplace like that, I really like that name. Anchorage is too small, far away, and depressing.

RoughRider9, Im still trying to use decent size cities as host cities regardless of whether the team uses the state or city name. Im still considering Iowa even though Des Moines is small, but again it depends on divisional alignment.

Kryptik, Im not feeling Roosters. There are already a lot of bird-themed logos in this league and if I use another bird name, I like names like Thunderbirds and Jays better.

RivetJoint, some good ideas. I like Boise Bighorns if I were to expand into Boise. San Antonio already has a team so Im not planning a San Antonio team.

rasox and UniformJipetto, I dont think Im gonna use blue and yellow simply because Nashville will likely be in the same division and Birmingham who already use blue and yellow, and not that two teams in the same division cant share colors, but since I have the power to avoid it, Im gonna try.

Thanks again for the ideas, everyone. Im now considering the following names:

Nashville Rhythm

Nashville Keys (as in a music key or octive, not piano keys since pianos arent common in country music. Plus, the key is an area on a basketball court.)

Nashville Noise

Nashville Notes

Nashville Legends

Im gonna pick a name soon, I promise. I was liking Keys earlier today, now Im liking Rhythm...Which of these names is best? Im gonna make a poll.

Archived