EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks brown and light blue make for a great color scheme, and I like that you specifically used Pacific Blue. Good work here!

I agree brown and light blue work well, but actually this is supposed to be a dark maroon.

Is anyone else seeing brown? If so I'll need to change it to a maroon.

Though not born in Vancouver, Steve Nash grew up there, and you could have used him.

As for the concept, I wish the Grizzlies had lasted long enough for them to pick this up. It's AMAZING. My favourite yet. :notworthy:

I didnt know that about Nash. But, I am only using retired players so Nash wont be used unless he suddently retires. Ha. I am glad you like it!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logo: A+. Should be adopted by the Grizzlies immediately.

Wordmarks: A+. Love the arch.

Color scheme: A+. I'm seeing maroon, so you're good there, and it really works well with the light blue. See comment on Logo.

Court: A+. The slashes are subtle but really make the court design.

Uniforms: A+. Love the striping and the subtle arch on the numbers.

I don't know what else to say. This is probably the greatest concept series ever on these boards.

Glad to see this is still going on. The Nashville Rhythm is a home run--great job on that design.

I recall, once upon a time, suggesting Bloodhounds as a name for Nashville. Since that's obviously off the table, maybe it would work for Greensboro?

Glad to see this is still going on. The Nashville Rhythm is a home run--great job on that design.

I recall, once upon a time, suggesting Bloodhounds as a name for Nashville. Since that's obviously off the table, maybe it would work for Greensboro?

I remember discussing that name, but I dont plan on using "Bloodhounds". It was a name I considered while we were brainstorming team names a while back, but Im not feeling it right now.

A few updates I wanted to post:

As I mentioned earlier, Empire State moved from Albany to Buffalo, so here they are with Buffalo's info. The player is Bob Lanier, who is from Buffalo. The jersey and court are the same, just now the court has "First Niagara Center" written on it.

Las Vegas now has a black alternative jersey. With Las Vegas being a world-famous city, it only makes sense that they have a jersey saying "Las Vegas". It could be a big seller were they a real team. Another minor change, I flopped some colors on the piping of the Home and Away jerseys.

ACES_jerseys.jpg

The Anaheim Diablos have a new secondary logo and court. I felt that the old secondary was lacking, so I added a triangular shape behind it. It also appears on the jersey shorts where the old secondary logo was. I didnt really like Anaheim's old court anymore either so here's a new one. This NBA season I noticed three teams (OKC, TOR, and POR) have gotten rid of those unnecissary college lines in the lane area. I like that look as it seems kind of old school-looking. So I did the same to this court.

Also, the Stags old logos used to have streaks flying off the antlers. They just cluttered it up, so I got rid of them. It's a minor change as well, but the streak-less logos now appear on the court and jerseys.

DIABLOS-2.jpg

Hey Jaha. Nice work here.I was wondering if you could make a few logos for my lacrosse league. i'd be happy to give you credit.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Hey Jaha. Nice work here.I was wondering if you could make a few logos for my lacrosse league. i'd be happy to give you credit.

I'd need more information. Is it a real lacrosse league? A city league? But I dont do work for others unless I get money or if the particular logo would be used by a real team and possibly get massive exposure.

geisure123 - there will be two more teams, but I havent yet started on them yet.

neoprankster- right now Im thinking of using Providence and maybe Iowa, or Greensboro or maybe another. KC? Hawaii? Raleigh-Durham (Carolina) aready has a team.

Iowa Dusters could be a nice team name .

Or the Iowa Cropdusters. But everybody calls them dusters for short. Like the Timberwolves.

I do have another suggestion for an Iowa team:

Iowa Thunderbirds

That's crazy that you say Iowa Thunderbirds. I was thinking about Iowa Thunderbolts ("Bolts" for short), very similar. I like Thunderbirds better, but this league already has 4 bird logos.

Jaha, I love all the updates. I've been too busy getting ready for my sons arrival in 2 months to spend much time on here, so I'm just now seeing a lot of your additions and updates. Its all wonderful, I'm glad to see you back at it.

If you do a team in Des Moines please dont call them "Iowa". All the big teams here are called "Iowa" and they really dont represent the state, and as a result I dont think Des Moines is represented well enough. A name I've always loved is "Des Moines Delegates". It plays off of Des Moines being the state capital as well as the State's role in the Presidential selection process. I've always wanted to do something with that name, but never have, so I'd love to see what you can do with it. Whatever you do, I'm sure it will look good.

I'd need more information. Is it a real lacrosse league? A city league? But I dont do work for others unless I get money or if the particular logo would be used by a real team and possibly get massive exposure.

geisure123 - there will be two more teams, but I havent yet started on them yet.

neoprankster- right now Im thinking of using Providence and maybe Iowa, or Greensboro or maybe another. KC? Hawaii? Raleigh-Durham (Carolina) aready has a team.

Iowa Dusters could be a nice team name .

Or the Iowa Cropdusters. But everybody calls them dusters for short. Like the Timberwolves.

I do have another suggestion for an Iowa team:

Iowa Thunderbirds

That's crazy that you say Iowa Thunderbirds. I was thinking about Iowa Thunderbolts ("Bolts" for short), very similar. I like Thunderbirds better, but this league already has 4 bird logos.

I understand that there are already 4 birds logos, but I think I saw you mention that basketball is an aerial sport, so it make sense.

Des Moines Delegates doesn't actually sound half bad, but my main problem with that is not a lot of people aren't that involved with politics. I guess you can make a case for the "Senators" or "Nationals" because I think those words are more "common" than Delegates.

How about the Des Moines Raccoons? There are two rivers that runs through the city of Des Moines: The Des Moines River and the Raccoon River.

IowaOaks.png

Archived