EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

Brooklyn looks fantastic!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being the perfectionist that I am, I continue with changes and updates. I felt the Generals needed some work. First of all, the cartoony General Washington needed to be thickened up, particularly in the face where the thin lines were making his face look flat. I fixed that here.

I also wanted to make a new more professional-looking/less cartoony primary logo (especially since this league already has a cartoony human primary logo with the Mobsters, and one is enough IMO). Although this new primary is less memorable or exciting, I like its simple bold look. General Washington is now a secondary logo. The previous "G" logo is gone. It was too detailed and thin.

The jerseys are not posted, since they are the same as before, just that the logo on the back of the jersey has been taken off.

GENERALS-4.jpg

Being the perfectionist that I am, I continue with changes and updates. I felt the Generals needed some work. First of all, the cartoony General Washington needed to be thickened up, particularly in the face where the thin lines were making his face look flat. I fixed that here.

I also wanted to make a new more professional-looking/less cartoony primary logo (especially since this league already has a cartoony human primary logo with the Mobsters, and one is enough IMO). Although this new primary is less memorable or exciting, I like its simple bold look. General Washington is now a secondary logo. The previous "G" logo is gone. It was too detailed and thin.

The jerseys are not posted, since they are the same as before, just that the logo on the back of the jersey has been taken off.

GENERALS-4.jpg

Nice update. Will the uniforms be updated?

I think this new logo is really well done. One thing, when I look at the Washington logo the red really pops out to me, but in this new primary I feel like red is almost non-existent. I'd say there is a close to the same amount of red in both logos, but the way it's used in the Washington logo makes it stand out more. I don't know how important that is haha, just something to think about I guess.

-neo prankster, The jerseys remain the same, so I didn't bother to post them. I think the new logo set actually matches the jerseys better than the previous logos.

-chickenfish, you are right about the red being less previlent in the newer primary. I tried to get more red in there (like outlining the letters in red) but didn't like that look. I dont know how much it matters either, but decided to stick with this, regardless.

....A few more updates. As in all these updates, the courts and jerseys remain the same, just with the new version of the logos placed over the older versions. These updates are minor, mostly just thicker lines and eliminated detail, but in my mind these changes make the logos much better. I could even go thicker on some of these possibly. If the old logos were placed side by side for the sake of comparison, the changes would be more obvious, but I've already deleted them from my computer.

The Marauders update isn't any thicker, just the area around the VIRGINIA wordmark is less cluttered (eliminated unecissary outlines in that area).

I think this might be it for the updates, before moving onto new teams. At some point I have to say, what's done is done.

FIVE-EBA-UPDATES.jpg

The colors are changed to black and yellow with a grayish tan outline. I dont know if it's as "western" as some had hoped, but I couldnt get myself to use brown as the primary color in this set. This color combo is unique to the EBA league so far. It also means 6 of the 12 teams have black to some extent, but I will try to not use black as much for future teams. I also added some logos to the jerseys.

dgnmrwrw, I started to change the angle on the cowboy, but after working on it I realized I would have had to start from scratch to do that, which I wasnt up for. Besdies, I think what I have is pretty good, maybe not awesome, but I'm ok with that.

Thanks for the help to those of you who helped come up with new colors.

OUTLAWS-1.gif

in australia we have a cheerleading team called the 'team australia outlaws' there colour scheme and logos are pretty similar to this, just though id tell you that i got excited when i saw this one and that i absolutely love the whole series. Skyhawks: the first set reminds me way too much of the seahawks. love the outlaws and Fury. Monarchs: we have a basketball team in our national league called the kings with heaps similar colours and designs i even think their court is the same :S haha but all round love the set spent hours and hours when i was ment to be sleeping on here grinning.gifstar_full.gifstar_full.gifstar_full.gifstar_full.gifstar_full.gif

Made some changes to the shield to give it more depth. FIrst of all, is the updated shield version better??

Im still not sure which version I like better. Part of me likes the centered bull head alone better, but another part of me likes the completeness the shield gives the bull.

Which version do you guys prefer if any? 1 or 2?

STAMPEDE-1.gif

just in my opinion the crest logo kinda (just a little) looks like a deer especially with the white on the neck/chest area but an allround awesome logo and once again love your work

EDIT: just saw the update andd it looks so much better more of a bull feel

Update: Added a logo to the shorts. Most seemed to like the numbers above the word on the jerseys, so I left it like that. Also, made the 3pt arc and out-of-bounds line lime green, to hopefully make it less confusing.

TROPICS_jerseys-1.jpg

this has got to be one of my favourite sets especially the court but the three point line is kinda confusing, and would you mind if i kinda "borrow" the head of the eagle on the Federals as the basis of a logo for a set im thinking of doing?

just in my opinion the crest logo kinda (just a little) looks like a deer especially with the white on the neck/chest area but an allround awesome logo and once again love your work

Yeah I could see that, but this is the older/in-progress version of the logo. It was updated soon after and the white is no longer the same on the chest.

this has got to be one of my favourite sets especially the court but the three point line is kinda confusing, and would you mind if i kinda "borrow" the head of the eagle on the Federals as the basis of a logo for a set im thinking of doing?

It's not your conventional three-point arc, you're right, but I've seen more confusing FinalFour courts, and we've all played on high school courts with those extra volleyball lines and all the intersecting lines for who knows what, and we still managed to find the three-point arc okay.

As far as "borrowing" the Federals logo or any logo I've done here, you are free to take all the bird logos in the world, professional or amateur, and use them as inspiration (inspiration doesn't mean tracing as I've learned some people think it does), but don't just take logos that other's have done. Look at other logos; look at real bird pictures, and use them to build your own bird logo. I don't know if you're an artist or not, but if you are, you'll feel better that you've created your own logo from scratch.

All of these logos have taken me hours upon hours. It's fun and challenging at the same time. They are not easy, so don't steal please. You at least asked which is better than some.

That being said, thank you for the comments above and I'm glad you like my work!

Hey just caught up on this thread. All of your updates looks great to me! I really think it's amazing that you want to focus on those logos before moving onto the new teams. I think that is the appropriate way to approach designs work in the real world. Nothing is EVER final the first/second/third/etc time.

I've always loved the Connecticut Spirit, Jacksonville Hammerheads and Tampa Tropics. Especially Tampa. I usually like how a team use a "region" name instead of the typical city/state name (new england, golden state, etc etc)

Can't wait to see the new teams (hopefully Iowa will be one of them :-P)

I do have another idea, maybe you should put all of the teams logos on one picture/map and maybe have a little write up on each team in one post/picture (or even start up a mini-website if you know how to). I suggested that because that way, some of the newer followers can see all of your work in one place instead of looking through 45+ pages. Just an idea.

IowaOaks.png

Hey just caught up on this thread. All of your updates looks great to me! I really think it's amazing that you want to focus on those logos before moving onto the new teams. I think that is the appropriate way to approach designs work in the real world. Nothing is EVER final the first/second/third/etc time.

I've always loved the Connecticut Spirit, Jacksonville Hammerheads and Tampa Tropics. Especially Tampa. I usually like how a team use a "region" name instead of the typical city/state name (new england, golden state, etc etc)

I do have another idea, maybe you should put all of the teams logos on one picture/map and maybe have a little write up on each team in one post/picture (or even start up a mini-website if you know how to). I suggested that because that way, some of the newer followers can see all of your work in one place instead of looking through 45+ pages. Just an idea.

I agree that I want to have all this organized into one simple place. I am actually trying to think of a good presentation style like some others do on this site, since so far I haven't done anything like that. I don't have photoshop, which would make presenting these easier, but I will try to come up with something and eventually post each team or division in a nice-looking way.

I used to have a website that my brother's fiance helped me with, but I let the domain name expire since I hadn't updated it in 3+ years and all the work on it was not that good in my opinion. Point1, a member on here, suggested that since I don't have a website to post my work at DeviantArt. So I posted a few.

http://designsbyhahn.deviantart.com/

On that site, you can see I was trying to go with a sort of mesh-looking jersey style, but I don't know if it works. I just posted a few logos at that link, but once I find a good presentation style I will post more there.

I also would like to get my hands on one of the jersey templates with the actual basketball player so you can see how the jersey looks on a real-looking player. I know I've seen plenty of football ones, but not many basketball ones. Anyone know where I can get one?

I agree that I want to have all this organized into one simple place. I am actually trying to think of a good presentation style like some others do on this site, since so far I haven't done anything like that. I don't have photoshop, which would make presenting these easier, but I will try to come up with something and eventually post each team or division in a nice-looking way.

I used to have a website that my brother's fiance helped me with, but I let the domain name expire since I hadn't updated it in 3+ years and all the work on it was not that good in my opinion. Point1, a member on here, suggested that since I don't have a website to post my work at DeviantArt. So I posted a few.

http://designsbyhahn.deviantart.com/

On that site, you can see I was trying to go with a sort of mesh-looking jersey style, but I don't know if it works. I just posted a few logos at that link, but once I find a good presentation style I will post more there.

I also would like to get my hands on one of the jersey templates with the actual basketball player so you can see how the jersey looks on a real-looking player. I know I've seen plenty of football ones, but not many basketball ones. Anyone know where I can get one?

It's harder with basketball players because without a helmet (like football players) they are all instantly recognizable. But if you're looking for a good base photo, try one of the new Nike USA promo photos. All white-uniform, would be not too difficult to photoshop the existing elements out and leave you with a plain white template.

Also, for presentation purposes, how about a hardwood floor preview? Maybe not so much like a vinyl, but a very very strong stain onto the hardwood floor?

Just a suggestion for your presentation idea:

I've always loved the first screen that I see when I open up the NHL GameCenter on my iPhone:

5d77ad5c1c93844ec3ebdc76b81f3103.png?1330634835

Just an idea. Could find a generic nba arena and put it near the top, while using the "hardwoord floors" on the bottom to display the team logos by divisions or whatever.

IowaOaks.png

Just a suggestion for your presentation idea:

I've always loved the first screen that I see when I open up the NHL GameCenter on my iPhone:

5d77ad5c1c93844ec3ebdc76b81f3103.png?1330634835

Just an idea. Could find a generic nba arena and put it near the top, while using the "hardwoord floors" on the bottom to display the team logos by divisions or whatever.

That's not a bad idea. I like the arena background.

Jaha : after following this thread for quite sometime, I am convince you are the person that I would like to hire to help me with my athletic departments rebranding project. I am a basketball coach a highschool in Alaska, and I have been put on charge of the branding of our athletics department. Since the schools opening in 1975 we have not had a consistent logo amongst our athletics department. This obviously is a huge problem. I would love to speak with you about either creating a logo or even starting me on my way to creating one. Either way you would be compensated.

School name : West Valley Wolf Pack

Colors : red and gold

Let me know if you are interested

Archived