EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

I think it would be cool to see an NBA 2k game of the EBA.

For the 29th and 30th franchises I would suggest:

- Seattle

- Kansas City

- St. Louis

- Ottawa

- Quebec

- Montreal

- Grand Rapids

- Raleigh-Durham

- Winnipeg

- Edmonton

- Calgary

- Boise

St.Louis should be the Eagles.

Kansas City Outlaws/Renegades

Ottawa Nationals

Montreal Maroons

Grand Rapids Rapids(that way Rapids appears on all jerseys)

Durham Luck

Winnipeg Falcons/Moose

Edmonton Explosives

Calgary Cowboys

Boise Bulls/Toros

What do you guys think of these names?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geo - First congrats on the soon-to-be addition to your family. If I put a team in Iowa because this league could use more Midwest teams, Im not going to use "Des Moines". I would use "Iowa" as the name, simply because I like the word "Iowa" and I dont like the word "Des Moines". "Delegates" is okay, but it sounds more like a single A minor league baseball team than anything else. Plus, the Connecticut Spirit already have a pretty patriotic logo and "Delegates" would just be another.

Roughrider- you kind of talked me into Thunderbirds. I already have an idea in my head for that name even though it would be another bird team.

________________________________________________________________________________

As I make more logos and observe some of the better logos on this site and in the world of sports, I realize that simpler and thicker is better. I wanted to simplify the Conquistadors by making it bolder and simpler by eliminating a color.

CONQUISTADORS-1.jpgCONQUISTADORS_jerseys-2.jpg

CONQUISTADORS_jerseys-2.jpg

Kryptik. I know what youre saying about the jerseys but me being more of a logo person than a jersey person, my first focus was to improve the logo then make the necessary changes to the jerseys afterward, even if the jerseys may be more bland. These ended up reminding me a little of the Chris Mullin Tim Hardaway Warriors jerseys. Geiser. I dont plan to use a farming name at this time.

Why not something related to farming for a Iowa team name , nearly 90% of the land in Iowa is used for farming and farmland . And team name associated with farming is rare in professional sport :P

That's why I made my earlier suggestion of Iowa Reapers...related to the farming tool, but the whole Grim Reaper imagery can be used as well...

EDIT: See that he's not really planning to use a "farming" name...but Reapers can be a good double-entendere.

P.S. BEAUTIFUL cleanup on the Conquistadors!

bYhYmxh.png

Thanks. Reapers is a cool name. Almost too dark though

In my honest opinion as an Iowan my whole life, I think Reapers is an awful name. I know it's related to farming, but the name itself is too "dark" like jaha said in the previous post. It makes me keep think of the Grim Reapers and I believe it is an awful way to show the beautiful state of Iowa. I know I sound biased, but I'm just giving out my opinion.

IowaOaks.png

I'd love to see the Iowa Harvesters. You can use combine and corn imagery.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Kryptik. I know what youre saying about the jerseys but me being more of a logo person than a jersey person, my first focus was to improve the logo then make the necessary changes to the jerseys afterward, even if the jerseys may be more bland. These ended up reminding me a little of the Chris Mullin Tim Hardaway Warriors jerseys. Geiser. I dont plan to use a farming name at this time.

Understandable, and I think the secondary is cleaned up as far as shape, but even just taking the logos into account, it feels like taking the red away makes them feel a little too....I dunno, flat. It's weird, because I'm definitely a fan of Blue and Yellow/Gold color schemes, but it feels like it's missing something without the win, even if just as an outline accent or trim.

As far as Iowa...I dunno, the only farming nickname I can think of maybe is the Iowa Combines (as in combine harvesters).

8VvwoNps.png

Understandable, and I think the secondary is cleaned up as far as shape, but even just taking the logos into account, it feels like taking the red away makes them feel a little too....I dunno, flat. It's weird, because I'm definitely a fan of Blue and Yellow/Gold color schemes, but it feels like it's missing something without the win, even if just as an outline accent or trim.

As far as Iowa...I dunno, the only farming nickname I can think of maybe is the Iowa Combines (as in combine harvesters).

While I do understand that the jerseys may be less exciting without the wine color and the logo looks a lot different, I personally like the newer version of the logo three-times more than the old version. In the new version, besides thickening the lines and cleaning up the small details, I like how the focus is centered soley on the guy now. Before the ball and its many lines, cluttered up the logo and competed with the conquistador visually. The whole thing had too much going on. I just tried wine as an outline to see if it could be used again, but it just doesnt have enough contrast with the blue to be an effective outline.

I appreciate the comments, Kryptik, but since few others have commented against on the Conquistadors updates, I am lead to believe the lack of wine color isnt a problem for most.

To all those commenting on the farming theme for Iowa, I dont plan on farming unless suddently a name jumps out at me as really good. Hell, I dont even know yet if one of the final two teams will be in Iowa for sure. Currently, I am cleaning up another past logo that I felt needed it.

Geo - First congrats on the soon-to-be addition to your family. If I put a team in Iowa because this league could use more Midwest teams, Im not going to use "Des Moines". I would use "Iowa" as the name, simply because I like the word "Iowa" and I dont like the word "Des Moines". "Delegates" is okay, but it sounds more like a single A minor league baseball team than anything else. Plus, the Connecticut Spirit already have a pretty patriotic logo and "Delegates" would just be another.

Roughrider- you kind of talked me into Thunderbirds. I already have an idea in my head for that name even though it would be another bird team.

________________________________________________________________________________

As I make more logos and observe some of the better logos on this site and in the world of sports, I realize that simpler and thicker is better. I wanted to simplify the Conquistadors by making it bolder and simpler by eliminating a color.

This brought up memories of me critiquing this pretty hard, and you getting mad. It came out stunning. Always good to see people progress before your eyes. You've definitely become one of the great practitioners of this type of illustration. Very Bosack-ian.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This brought up memories of me critiquing this pretty hard, and you getting mad. It came out stunning. Always good to see people progress before your eyes. You've definitely become one of the great practitioners of this type of illustration. Very Bosack-ian.

Thanks, Andrew. I also remember that a few years back. Your critiques are usually spot-on. I was relatively new to logo-making at that time, but you were right. Hopefully I've learned a few thing since then.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to another update. The previous Outlaws logo was one of the first logos I ever made on Illustrator. I wanted to fix it up. It needed it. The general lay-out is the same, but the details, highights, and shading are changed/improved. I wont repost the jerseys, since they are roughly the same, just now the updated logos have been put on the shorts and jersey.

OUTLAWS-3.jpg

Before I get started on the last two teams, I want to improve upon some of the previous logos which I think could use it, particularly a few of the early logos in this series when I was still developing as a designer. So just like I updated the Conquistadors and Outlaws, here are a few more updates.

Mainly, what I am doing in these updates is eliminating unecessary detail while also making the lines bolder/thicker.

First of all, just for comparison's sake, I am posting the image of the old Aces logo. I will post the new logos for these updates, however I do not plan to post the updated jerseys or courts for most, just because they remain the same as before, the only difference being that they have the new logo placed on them in the same location as the previous. The Skyhawks jerseys have changed however. I took off the lighting effect on the wordmark. It was unecissary and took away from the other details in my mind.

More updates to be posted in the future.

ACES-4.jpg

SKYHAWKS-1.jpg

SKYHAWKS_jerseys-2.jpg

Archived