EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

Good eye on that green smudge on the court, Geo. I'll take it out on the next update. As far as the 3pt arc being confusing, I want to keep it somewhat similar (I would think any basketball player, or at least 3 point shooter, has a good idea where they are on the court). I might try having the arc line itself lime green and then keep that inner part dark green.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it really doesn't matter because this is a fictional league, but which jerseys are the regular away? Light or dark green?

I understand why youre asking that though, because obviously dark green is the primary color, but the dark green jerseys look more like alternate since it's color arrangement is a little different than the other two. Plus the lime green says the city name, and I've been putting the city name on many of the aways in this series.

So I'd say lime is the regular away, but I like the dark green better so hypothetically, maybe overtime the dark greens alternatives would be worn more often.

• 1 month later...

Tampa is my favorite out of all of your teams. Great job, the lime jersey is amazing.

The one thing that could make this better, is putting a plam tree under or in the script.

Thanks. I considered placing a tree on the jerseys, but it ended up being too much. Maybe I will reconsider that idea on one jersey.

Anyway, on to the next team. It's been a few months since I posted, but I finally had time to work on the next team, the San Diego Admirals, named after the Naval base in SD. I'm running out of cities in the west so decided to name a team "San Diego". The California Condors were originally in San Diego, but with the Admirals now being placed there, the Condors can be relocated to Fresno or some other place. For right now this just the primary logo. I haven't had time to work on anything else yet. I'm not sure which color combo to go with. Because of the nautical theme, they have to be blue.

ADMIRALS.jpg

And also, while I'm at it, I made some changed to the Royals -- thickened lines, different lighting on the ball, and swapping some colors on the letters. They're minimal, but I think it's better.

ROYALS-1.jpg

Maybe replace the orange/gold with a bright Charger yellow?

I was meaning to use a yellow, not orange, so if I go with those colors, I would change it. One similar to the Chargers and the other the Padres.

Also, now that I look at this logo again, I think I need to work on making the thickness of the blue outline more consistent. There are some incosistencies in this.

I prefer the one on the left. The yellow makes me think "sunshine".

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Both look great, though I'm leaning slightly toward the one on the right, with the Padres-ish sand color. (And I don't think splitting up "San Diego" works very well. It's probably better to keep the "Diego" up top, to the right of the anchor.)

Thrilled to see this back.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Both look great, though I'm leaning slightly toward the one on the right, with the Padres-ish sand color. (And I don't think splitting up "San Diego" works very well. It's probably better to keep the "Diego" up top, to the right of the anchor.)

Thrilled to see this back.

Yeah I had a difficult time figuring out where to place the "San Diego". I tried to have it all fit on the top, then only the top left, then eliminating it all together which left the logo feeling somewhat incomplete, and then settled on what it is now, which gives the left and right sides of the logo a flipped symmetry, which I kind of like. "Diego" just doesnt fit well on the top.

I hope to get a chance to work on a secondary logo soon and jerseys, but have been kind of busy lately. This series is not dead, just slowed down. I hope to get to 30 teams...eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, Merry Christmas! I finally got around to making jerseys and a couple secondary logos for the Admirals. The primary is changed a little too. I went with the goldish color since more seemed to like it over the yellow. The jerseys were influence somewhat by Marquette's and the throwback Cavs. The player on the jersey is Bill Walton.

ADMIRALS-1.jpg

ADMIRALS_jersey.jpg

Archived