EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

Thanks everyone for the comments! I didnt know it would be a favorite of so many of you, but Im glad it is.

@chickenfish, I'll fix the outline. You have a good eye. I do want to keep the notches in the palm leaves though, because they give it more of a leaf feel that I was going for, but youre right that they wouldnt be noticeable shrunken down, so I'll try to make the notches bigger when I edit this, so theyre not just an unnecissary detail.

@undead, I used gray in the middle of the storm to give it a cloudy sky feel as the setting of the palm tree. I actually tried orange but I just felt gray was better.

@MBurmy, I chose 'Tampa' without the 'Bay' pretty much for that reason, because all three teams in the Tampa-St.Pete area use 'Tampa Bay' and I wanted this team to be different. The city of Tampa alone doesnt have any teams named after the city itself, although it's really just a technicality, since they are pretty much one in the same. I considered calling them the "St. Petersburg Tropics" and having them play at Tropicana Field (it must be able to host basketball since I think it has hosted the NCAA Final Four before) but decided "Tampa Tropics" sounded nice,short, and simple.

I would change it to 'TAMPA BAY' if others think it's better...????

Thanks for following the series, Brave-Bird, and everyone! It makes it fun.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go with A.

When I look at the second logo, my eyes instantly go to the orange, and the wordmark and palm tree sort of fall out of focus. The grey doesn't do that, and the focus is on the palm tree and wordmark, which is exactly where it should be.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

A. The orange looks out of place as such a big element.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I like the orange because it looks tropical, but I agree that the grey works better with the logo. Tampa Tropics is a great name, I used it too. I think its great that we have a few names that we both use, I just hate how much better you make them look.

Best court design and best logos yet by far. The jerseys will be great, too, if you center the front numbers below the script more convetionally. Because right now it's way to bland in the middle. You also need to add the alt logo or some kind of added pizzazz to the shorts. Very good, altogether, though.

25yzwqg.png

Sweet Jesus those uniforms are beautiful! I really really like the arrangement on the front of the jerseys...gives it a good throwback feel. The design is really sharp as well. My only suggestion for the jerseys would be to move the logo to both sides of the shorts. I think it would improve the jersey and the shorts.

The court is also really sweet, but the 3-point line is confusing me...is it the lime green or the dark green? I would just use a regular line and then trim the edge of the court in the lime green.

Overall though, this is by far your best set. If I were you I would pull a George Costanza and walk out on a good note.

Sweet Jesus those uniforms are beautiful! I really really like the arrangement on the front of the jerseys...gives it a good throwback feel. The design is really sharp as well. My only suggestion for the jerseys would be to move the logo to both sides of the shorts. I think it would improve the jersey and the shorts.

The court is also really sweet, but the 3-point line is confusing me...is it the lime green or the dark green? I would just use a regular line and then trim the edge of the court in the lime green.

Overall though, this is by far your best set. If I were you I would pull a George Costanza and walk out on a good note.

I was thinking this too.

Anyways, the Tropics look amazing. One of my favorites.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

The uniforms are hot! I love them and would not change a thing. I love the court too, but like the others said, the 3-pt line is a bit confusing. Also, just inside the 3-pt line on the right hand side I am seeing a green mark that doesn't look like it should be there. All around, this is amazing, great work!

Archived