EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

This is an incredible logos. I have no say on my ideas with colors, I am fine with whatever you pick. I think the location is perfect, "Utah" is overused imo, glad you used Salt Lake City.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really like the look of it. And the colors are also nice. Something in the back of my brain makes me think that it's eerily similar to another owls logo I've seen, but I can't put my finger on it, and it may just be in my head.

Looking forward to the rest.

obviously it's a different angle, but it kind of reminds me of this

http://www.bestbuytix.com/images/temple_owls.gif

maybe that's the other owl logo you're referring to?

This idea for a team just came to me the other day so here is the next team: the Salt Lake Owls. Logo only for now, but jerseys to come later. I'm not sure if the Salt Lake area or Utah has a large owl population but I just went with it. This does mark the 3rd teamed named for a bird, but basketball is an aerial game so it makes sense. I tried to come up with a new color scheme, but am not sure. I hope there is enough difference between this and the Skyhawks logo. I think there is since this one is completely symmetrical. This is also the first EBA team not to have a basketball in the logo.

OWLS.gif

Love this. Seahawks font is a nice choice too. The only thing I would like to see would be to darken the gray slightly and adding a blueish-green hint to it. I don't think there is enough contrast between the gray and yellow you are currently using.

Absolutely love the logo design, and I agree it's good to have Salt Lake rather than Utah for a change. But one thing, what are the exact colors? I guess I just have a bad eye for color, but the watermark is making it hard for me to pin down the actual colors.

8VvwoNps.png

This does have similarities to Temple's owl logo like some of you noticed, but that logo is more detailed and realistic, and I think the symmetrical, straight-on view here differentiates this enough from it.

knnhrvy16, I've seen the Orem Owlz logo and didnt know if they were called Owlz because it was an O word like Orem or if there were in fact owls in the area. Either way Im glad you like this.

Magnus and Mcbannon, I'm just not a fan of brown I guess. I know brown has been suggested on other logos but I can't see it as the main color, maybe complimentary.

Anything Chicago, I'm thinking this one is one of my favorites so far as well. Now I just need to get the right colors.

Funkatron, how did you know!? I did have a ball in that area between the wings. I actually thought about making it a ball/moon but decided it took away from the bird which seemed to work better on its own.

GFB, you sure have a good eye for fonts. It is the Seahawks font. I'll work on the colors.

Krypric, it's supposed to be a dark bluish green color but Im going to change it to make it more clear.

JB the Hunter, welcome to the boards! I use Adobe Illustrator to make these. There are other programs out there that others use and they seem to work fine, but I'm so used to Illustrator and feel most comfortable designing in that program. But I guess it takes practice. I've improved just from being a member here, getting critiques, learning from the work of some of the board's best designers. People here are pretty honest about critiquing so it definitely helps.

Actually, I remembered where I saw a similar logo. It wasn't Temple (I don't really see much of a resemblance there), it was actually an owl-based logo I had done for another project but never used.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Great work on all of these. I'd like to do something along these lines but there's no way I could touch the level of craft and expertise you're working with here. Still, fun to watch :) I used to do this kind of thing when I was a kid, except I'd go as far as creating rosters and actually "playing" out the season, usually just be creating stats randomly. Sometimes I would favor a particular team/player and go "play" the games on my hoop in the back yard, even doing the play-by-play as I was racking up the stats. What a weird little kid.

Funkatron, how did you know!? I did have a ball in that area between the wings. I actually thought about making it a ball/moon but decided it took away from the bird which seemed to work better on its own.

Lol. Because I would have attempted the exact same thing. The symmetry makes it tempting to try and fill the space, but I agree, I think it works better without it.

Honestly, I think this may be one of the best logos of the series. It is very strong, and I think it would have longevity as a real sports logo. Which for me, personally, is the benchmark of a great logo.

[...]

[...]

Krypric, it's supposed to be a dark bluish green color but Im going to change it to make it more clear.

Ahh, I see. I love the whole package, I just couldn't pick out that particular color.

And with the ball/moon thing, I think a secondary with just the wings imprinted over a ball and perhaps interlinked 'SL' might work. I agree with the primary the ball/moon would take away, but as a secondary option, I could see it working out.

8VvwoNps.png

Here is the rest of the package with a few more logos and jerseys. I stayed away from an SL secondary logo just because Ive used letters in plenty of other secondary logos. I changed the colors and made the yellow more of an orange.

The player is Tom Chambers from who went to the University of Utah located in Salt Lake City and also a Utah native.

OWLS-1.gif

OWLS_jerseys.gif

I love the design of the jersey and especially the 3rd jersey color, but the logo differs itself in a bad way from others of yours. I, personally, don't like logos that look like they were limited to an oval or a square. In this case your owl looks like it couldn't stretch his wings past an invisible oval that keeps it out of that space. In comparison your skyhalk logo does not have a defined shape. I know your a lot better than me, so I'm sorry if I totally cretiqued you to death. Just my thought :)

Fair enough on the lettering. The resulting alt logo is awesome regardless and probably better than the concept I had in mind (the owl/wings imprinted OVEr the ball/moon). I'm more fond of the yellow than I am of the orange though, the yellow somehow fits better with 'Owls' IMO than the orange does. Love the jerseys too, especially the third.

8VvwoNps.png

I'm not crazy about the name, and ididnt care for the logo at first, but it has grown on me. I really love all the alt. logos and the uniforms are great, especialy the grey 3rd. in all its a pretty good set and the colors are great.

Archived