EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the suggestions with colors. The blue and light blue combo had the most votes, but when I sat down to finish this, I just wasnt feeling that color combo. This team will probably be in the same division as the Birmingham Bees who already have a blue and lighter blue combo (with yellow) so I wanted to differentiate them. I didn add silver just because it cluttered up this simple design when I eperimented with it. I also considered a purple type color, since dgnmrwrw, being a Raleighite, mentioned it and I ended up with this which is now gray and very different than the colors before. So I guess in a way all your voting was for naught and I waisted your time but I hope this goes over well. I may make an alternative jersey. Not sure yet.

MBurmy, this does mean the Greensboro Coliseum will remain empty, unless I somehow lose my mind and make like 50 teams (very very unlikely) and put mulitple teams in some states.

The player is the great Pistol Pete Maravich who played high school ball in Raleigh.

FLIGHT-2.gif

Because there has not been much talk of divisions lately I thought I would put some thoughts out there.

Metropolitan

Brooklyn Skyhawks

Empire State Monarchs

Manhattan Mobsters

Long Island Claws

Connecticut Spirit

Central

Columbus Fury

Louisiville Racers

Cincinnati Royals

Tulsa Cyclones

Southeast

Birmignham Bees

Virginia Marauders

Jacksonville Hammerheads

D.C. Generals

Raleigh Flight

Pacific... Maybe... The Palm Division...?

California Condors (SD)

Las Vegas Aces

Anaheim Diablos

Southwest... maybe... the old west division...?

Albuquerque Fire

Austin Outlaws

Northwest

...???

So from my studies ^_^ I have found that you desperately need teams in the Northwest, Southwest, and Pacific

The color scheme looks a little too dark to me.

I thought I'd throw out my Division alignments too, they're far from perfect but I like them. If you ever get serious about wanting to do divisions let me know and maybe I can do some custom mapping for you (I'm a cartographer in my real life).

North Atlantic

Brooklyn

Connecticut

Empire State

Long Island

Manhattan

South Atlantic

D.C.

Jacksonville

Raleigh

Virginia

Central

Birmingham

Cincinnati

Columbus

Louisville

Tulsa

West

Albuquerque

Anaheim

Austin

California

Las Vegas

Raleigh's uniforms are okay, if a little dull stylistically. I do not think that the blue inline on the white text is working very well, certainly not as well as the blue inline on the dark gray text (which looks quite good). I think the problem is the relative color intensities, both on the numbers and in the color scheme in general. The blue is moderately intense compared to the dark gray, but the white is VERY intense compared to the blue, and it's creating a lot of vibration.

If the color scheme had a third, brighter and more saturated color (such as a silver, or maybe a bright blue or purple), then you could use that brighter color for the numbers/type on the dark gray jersey with white as the inline color. That would create a more pleasing look visually and it would match the style of the white jersey because the brighter color would be on the inline.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Raleigh's uniforms are okay, if a little dull stylistically. I do not think that the blue inline on the white text is working very well, certainly not as well as the blue inline on the dark gray text (which looks quite good). I think the problem is the relative color intensities, both on the numbers and in the color scheme in general. The blue is moderately intense compared to the dark gray, but the white is VERY intense compared to the blue, and it's creating a lot of vibration.

If the color scheme had a third, brighter and more saturated color (such as a silver, or maybe a bright blue or purple), then you could use that brighter color for the numbers/type on the dark gray jersey with white as the inline color. That would create a more pleasing look visually and it would match the style of the white jersey because the brighter color would be on the inline.

I see what you're saying about the lines inside the numbers/letters. I will make some changes to the jerseys.

---------

eliasrapaport, at first when I placed the logo at centercourt I thought it wasnt doing much for me there, but theres not much else I can do since the jet alone wouldnt work there either. It's good enough I guess.

--------------------------

Now onto the divisions and geography up to this point. Now that Sacramento is losing an NBA team, it's a new option for a market in my league, but im doing somewhat nearby San Jose, so maybe not. The Kings moving is kind of messing with my league here since they are going to Anaheim, I have a team in Anaheim, and they are using the name Royals, I used that name. I wanted to avoid any NBA names, but ah well. Maybe I will change Cincinnati to the Kings.

METRO DIVISION

Brooklyn

Connecticut

Empire State

Long Island

Manhattan

(SOUTHEAST-need a new name)

Birmingham

DC

Jacksonville

Raleigh

Virginia

(CENTRAL-need a new name)

Cincinnati

Columbus

Louisville

(SOUTHWEST - need name)

Albuquerque

Austin

Tulsa

(Omaha and Salt Lake are possibilities)

GOLD DIVISION (after California)

Anaheim

California

Las Vegas

(San Jose yet to completed)

So I know that's only 5 divisions, but at this point that's how I envision them and of course some teams will go to another division if I get up to 6. GeoTheo, your 4 division obviously make more sense for now but Im still making more teams so we'll see what happens. Ive also seen what you did for your league with GoogleMaps/Earth which is pretty cool, so I'll let you know once Im done if I'd want to do the same. Thanks for the offer.

I'd say the uniforms are very much improved. But now I'm wondering why you're using a "flat" version of the wordmark on the unis. The "warped" version from the logo is far superior, I think. Much more dynamic. It would be nice if it were on the jerseys.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I'm not crazy for that F logo. Otherwise, nice job.

I'm considering dropping it from the court and as a secondary logo all together if others feel the same.

I'd say the uniforms are very much improved. But now I'm wondering why you're using a "flat" version of the wordmark on the unis. The "warped" version from the logo is far superior, I think. Much more dynamic. It would be nice if it were on the jerseys.

Thanks. I used the flat version just because I havent seen too many jerseys with concave arches on the top and bottom of the lettering (not that I have to follow all conventional jerseys but just a thought) and I didnt want to overdo that technique since I used it on the Marauders jerseys. I may consider the other wordmark when I get back to this but Im relatively content with these.

sephyr23, I intentionally made the Mobsters like the Celtics so if you see it too, then I succeeded, but I'm not sure if I will make any secondary logos for the Fire (although I consider the one without the wordmark a partial logo) or Mobsters. Not every team in real life necessarily makes use of secondaries, most do, so if my league has 2 such teams, Im ok with that.

thanks for the comments, everyone.

Archived