EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I already put a team in Columbus, but I'm thinking of moving the Fury to Salt Lake since I like this name better for Ohio. I considered using this name for North Carolina, but 'First in Flight' isnt really associated with any big city, rather Kitty Hawk and the whole state, so since Ohio is also known for aviation, I am putting this name there.

For the colors, I know this would be another red white and blue team, but these colors just seem so right for Columbus.

I'm not sure this logo is quite there yet though. What do you guys think? Which version is better?

Once the logo is good to go, I can start on jerseys.

FLIGHT.gif

For the Hammerheads, i like the new update more, but on the white home jersey the side panel might look better with red inside as opposed to teal.

You might be right, but teal the main color on the aways so I wanted to make prominent on the home's too.

Would love to see you take on the challenge of doing a Seattle entry since it is looking less likely they will get an NBA team back anytime soon.

I really dont have plans to do Seattle. A few weeks ago I posted my break-down of markets I want to do. Seattle is/has been a major sports town and for the most part Im trying to do teams in that 3rd and 4th group.

Something about the FLIGHT font looks off to me. The font shape is fine, but it feels like you went overboard using an inner stroke. Something also looks a bit off with the arched ball line, but the plane could be playing tricks with my eyes.

I like the overall shape. Iffy on the colors, but you know me and my beef with blue, so don't look to much into that.

Just my take, others may not agree.

With that said, the left one looks more complete.

In my opinion, you should move the Flight to Carolina and use dark and light blue for the colors.

I agree...you could just call them the "Carolina Flight" so the team represents the state rather than one city.

And the logo looks great. The font is really cool, and I like the inner stroke. Oh yeah, and I would go with the left one.

Another fantastic logo, but I cant help but think of this logo

1606.gif

Ohio is known for aviation, but I believe its more of a Dayton thing (home of theWright Bros), so I dont dig it so much for Columbus.

Edit: I like yours better than Huntsville's

I think it shouldn't, because North Carolina had absolutely nothing to do with flight other than the fact they just happened to have a nice beach to do it on. The Wright Brothers, Neil Armstrong, and John Glenn (arguably 4 of the 5 most important Americans to the subject of flight) are all from Ohio. Just saying.

6fQjS3M.png

Thanks for the comments. You guys have convinced me. It works better for a North Carolina based team, especially since aviation is a Dayton thing, not Columbus. I guess sizemore and I are in the minority on liking it in Ohio. My first concept when I drew this up was for a "Wright-Brothers-looking gluider" and putting them in North Carolina, but jets just look so much cooler to me than a whimpy gluider that can barely get off the ground, so I went with a jet.

GeoTheo, I thought someone might mention the Huntsville Flight. I probably was subconsciously influenced by it since I did use a jet with the name Flight. It's hard to avoid the similarities.

So my next question is what should we call them?

--Carolina Flight

--Raleigh Flight

--Greensboro Flight

'Carolina' probably makes the best sense, but to me it's been used plenty with the NFL Panthers and NHL Hurricanes.

I might work on the ball and how it interacts with the jet too if it's not right, and I'll change the colors. Does anyone have an issue with dark blue and light blue like MC2 said?

If you wanted to be crazy you could move the Flight to cedar rapids, ia. They claim to be the "birthplace of modern aviation" because the wright bros dad purchesed the toy that inspired their design while in CR. Also rockwell collins make aircraft radios/navigation equip there.

Shoot me for suggesting the Carolina Aviators and actually liking the idea of replacing the jet in your logo with the Wright Flyer. Also, Carolina Blue and silver would look AMAZING!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

For the colors, I know this would be another red white and blue team, but these colors just seem so right for Columbus.

I agree with the other users to make the [Carolina] Flight colors light and dark blue, to reduce the number of red-white-blue teams...and maybe the Claws could use some red-orange.

Sorry, but I have always had problems when the name of the city is the same as another city of equal size. I originally thought you meant the Ohio one. Stuff like Philadelphia where there are others but unknown and small works, but if this were a real league people would get easily confused.

I like it, but I would change the font you're using.

It's a custom font. What should I change about it?

Sorry, but I have always had problems when the name of the city is the same as another city of equal size. I originally thought you meant the Ohio one. Stuff like Philadelphia where there are others but unknown and small works, but if this were a real league people would get easily confused.

I'm confused. What do you mean by "I have always had problems when the name of the city is the same as another city of equal size" ? Do you mean in the same state? Ive read this a few times to understand and each time am more confused.

Archived