EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

Simply love San Jose. That was a great logo originally, but the updated version is so much better. The SJ monogram logo is very well done. Jerseys are solid; though I love the fact that the text and numbers are in different colors but outlined in the same gold on the white uni, and I wish that style were carried over into the blue uniform, which I think could do with a little more gold.

My only complaint is how small the "Conquistadors" type is in the primary logo. I know it's mostly a function of how long a name it is, and there's probably not much that can be done about it. But it would still be nice if it were more prominent, maybe by using the wordmark from the uniforms with the capital C and flourished stroke on the Q.

But all in all, another great concept.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As always, great concept jaha. The logo is incredible, and I LOVE the color scheme. I actually like the SJ logo...I immediately recognized it as SJ, and it looks really good. My only complaints are the waistbands on the pants (I would just leave them white/blue) and the lack of gold on the road unis. Maybe you could try a gold wordmark and gold numbers...

I like this, as always. Although I have 2 main complaints.

• The road jersey. I would suggest either making it gold/yellow or at least adding more yellow to the script and numbers.
  • The basketball in the logo. I hate to be a nitpick, but don't all of your concepts use the same basketball logo at some point? I could be wrong...

25yzwqg.png

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone!

-I never noticed how the SJ formed a P so I will look into making some changes to hopefully make the J more prominent and that unintentional P less.

-GeoTheo, I remember your Conquistadors logo too and I think we were both influenced by the real ABA Conquistadors. I agree with you that is busy in ways, but I think that the amount of 'acceptable busy-ness" for logos varies person to person. Some like it, some dont.

-dgnmrwrw, I like the bigger C wordmark better too, when it is alone, but it just didnt fit into the logo well and makes the wordmark off-centered to the left, so I had to use a smaller letter.

-mcbannon/dgnmrwmw/Chicago, I will try to add more yellow to the aways. I find making jerseys for teams with 3 colors is much more difficult than 2-colored teams, so I wasnt too sure about the color-distribution in these myself.

-AnythingChicago, youre not being nit-picky. Youre opinion is valid. I just happen to like logos with basketballs better. This particular logo looks fine in my mind w/o the ball, but it looked more like a college logo than a pro-logo w/o the ball. I have used the same ball for a few of the logos (changing the stroke width to match the style of that logo, but for most of the logos, I make each ball uniquely for that logo). I mean there are only so many ways to make a basketbball and I don't like the balls with the two straigh perpendicular lines. they seem flat and boring, so I prefer this kind of ball with arched lines usually. Most NBA logos also have very very similar looking balls.

Updates coming soon.

I took everyone's advice about adding more yellow to the away jerseys. The numbers are now yellow, and having different colors for the wordmark and numbers makes the aways consistent with the homes, so it is better that way. I also changed the SJ logo. Once the P was pointed out I couldnt help but see it either so now the J is more distinct (I hope). I also added the updated SJ to the court and jerseys.

Conquistadors_jerseys-1.gif

I am thinking of putting a team in Omaha soon(or some place in that region of the country, but not KC or STL), but cannot think of a nickname. I wanted to go with a bull/ranching-type theme since Omaha is known for it's beef and ranches nearby, but of course I cant use Mavericks (the college is called that and I dont want to use NBA names), Wranglers seems overused, but possible. Stampede is the D-League team in Idaho. Slaughter entered my mind briefly but it seems too violent and just not a very legitimate team name. Then I thought of "Railers" since Omaha was also known for its railroad businesses. Or it could have something to do with western exploration or the bluffs nearby...Does anyone have any good ideas?

I really like the SJ updates, uniforms are much improved. For an Omaha RR theme Express or Engineers. For a meat theme, Steers, Slaughter, Sizzlers (there was a CBA team Topeka Sizzlers in the 80's) or Packers (ok that's probably not a good suggestion). Id also suggest a team in Des Monies (where I live) I'd like to see what you'd come up with.

I'm really not able to make suggestions or comments that haven't already been tread over. I love the design, especially the LeBron-era Cavs color-scheme (with the Blue as the primary more so than the red, there's a reason that alternate jersey was so popular).

For Omaha name suggestions:

Meat/Ranching theme:

Herd

Ranchers

Sizzlers

Barnburners

Rail theme:

Railriders

Locos

Steam

Boilers

Engineers

Exploring theme:

Frontier

Scouts

Pioneers

8VvwoNps.png

How about Omaha Rustlers?

I'll second that.

Also, the updated SJ logo is a huge improvement.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived