NHL Uniforms

capn89

I have to say for this...

first row Philadelphia, wow good work and that 3rd jersey... very interesting crest logo.. could be workable!

2nd row Pittsburgh... enough said... the 3rd one i wouldn't mind seeing as a real jersey.. good job!

3rd row NY Rangers ... I dunno if the Lady Liberty crest logo be something but it looks good.. I notice something very interesting.. the NY patch.. nice touch.... the 3rd jersey is excellent...

4th row New Jersey ... whoa!! wow nice change.. but the 2nd jersey I cant visualize the look on the ice if it was the case.. but wow.. the 3rd jersey.. ohh nice touch but the D logo.. odd shape...

5th row NY Islanders ... both the first 2 jerseys are perfect and good looking but the 3rd one?? too much orange somehow... hmmm but it's okay!

Thanks for the comments.

Me encanta!

Gracias.

i LOVE the pens and the devils. especially the devils. i really like what you did there. major upgrade.

i'm not in love with the islanders. for me, i hate them with navy. always have, always will. while the bottom striping is absolutely unique, on the ice i feel like it could look very awkward, particuarly on the blue jersey. instant upgrade IMO if the isles set replaced navy for royal.

I did a quick color swap for a royal blue and I see what you're talking about, it's a major upgrade. Once I'm finished with the project I'll go back and put together a royal version and upload it. Thanks for your thoughts.

Wow great work. I especially love the Pens alternate.

Thank you.

The Rangers need red pants for the home jersey, at least.

I'll mock it up and upload in the future. I had tried out red pants and wasn't pleased with the look (even if it's similar to what they currently sport), but there's nothing wrong with alternate versions for different opinions. Thank you.

I'm really impressed with all of these. I especially like what you did for the Devils' alternate logo. It really grabs me.

Thanks a lot.

I love that Flyers Liberty Bell jersey.

Thank you.

I really like the NJ Devils Red & white versions. The green one is nice, but the logo, for me, just doesn't go well. Maybe because I am a Devils fan, but the concepts are really good. Nice work. 9.3/10 scale.

Thank you very much.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For the Flames I decided to drop black and play off the short-lived 90's era uniforms. For the alternate I thought about doing a yellow jersey but most of what I came up with made me think of Ronald McDonald so I went with a red uniform without a single trace of white.

5749133674_9120441ec6_b.jpg

5513300071_0a56f5e838_b.jpg

I like the direction you took the Canucks in, and honestly, I wouldn't have thought to combine the original/current Flyers template with the old Edge set, but it looks like a true Flyers sweater. That Penguins third...hell, the Flames third, I'm speechless, you broke the damn glass with them cap. In the Flames case, there's an early 50s-ish charm to it there like the Sabres' thirds.

Far as the Oilers go, nice job on the home and away, but I'm a bit iffy about the third. Never been a huge fan of numbered fronts at the pro level, and the number font's a bit too thin for that to work all that well in this case IMO. I'd comment on the Rangers' pants, but heh, you weren't feeling the usual red pants...I been there, I don't blame ya. Can't wait to see what you do for the Avs and Wild.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

There is something I like about the Alt. sweater you made, really good looking. Simple and plain, but good design.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• 2 months later...

The Bruins, being Black & Gold (or Gold & Black, however you prefer to say it) I couldn't just drop black from their color scheme (even though I wanted to limit the use of the color throughout the project). What I decided to do, however, was bring back a golden "B" (rather than the black "B") and "de-black" the away jersey.

As you can see below, my former versions of their away, white, jersey featured a LOT of black with very little gold. The third incarnation (below) is my first attempt at the latest version for the Bruins. It started off, like the others, very black. I then decided to swap the colors. Although the black pants on the full uniform did a lot to balance the colors, I felt the away now could use a slight bit more black, so the final version (which you'll see in the next image) features black sleeves/cuffs which I feel gives the jersey, in itself, a good balance of black & gold, without being TOO black.

I'm not entirely sold on the alternate jersey, but in some ways that is a good thing because it will leave the opportunity for a touch-up or revamp in the future. Let me know your thoughts.

5749233886_94b2058bb8_z.jpg

5748627763_753bc11289_b.jpg

5749175304_774c722849_b.jpg

Canucks 3rd jersey is great.

Thank you.

For some reason, I love the red and yellow only Calgary alternate. The yellow should be a tad lighter though.

Thanks. I toyed with the idea of, rather than black, a darker, sort of blood-red as an accent color on the third to add a better contrast between their normal red and the yellow. I tried brightening the yellow but it was too neon for my liking. I'll see what I can do to adjust it a bit in the future. I appreciate the comment.

I like the direction you took the Canucks in, and honestly, I wouldn't have thought to combine the original/current Flyers template with the old Edge set, but it looks like a true Flyers sweater. That Penguins third...hell, the Flames third, I'm speechless, you broke the damn glass with them cap. In the Flames case, there's an early 50s-ish charm to it there like the Sabres' thirds.

Far as the Oilers go, nice job on the home and away, but I'm a bit iffy about the third. Never been a huge fan of numbered fronts at the pro level, and the number font's a bit too thin for that to work all that well in this case IMO. I'd comment on the Rangers' pants, but heh, you weren't feeling the usual red pants...I been there, I don't blame ya. Can't wait to see what you do for the Avs and Wild.

I'll probably give the Oilers Alternate a touch-up or revamp in the future. I think I may have boarded a train to the wrong part of town with that one, but it happens. I tried the red pants for the Rangers, I really did, but I don't know, I couldn't feel it. I know it's tradition simply because it's something they've done most of their existence, but I try to not think of that when I'm trying to be "uniform." Kind of the way I completely avoided gold socks for the Bruins. Bruins fans, and some non-Bruin fans love it, I just don't like how it works. It's just me, nothing against those who like it. Thanks for the long reply.

There is something I like about the Alt. sweater you made, really good looking. Simple and plain, but good design.

Thanks a lot.

I would love to see minor black touches to your Flames.

I could play with it (or the blood red idea I mentioned above), but with all of these designs I'm trying to "lighten up," both in colors and de-blacking the league. Thanks for the comment.

i like all of it except your rangers concept and some of your thirds - like calgary. im excited to see what else you post - especially stlouis

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I absolutely love the Pengiuns uniforms you created! They should adopt this design for sure, the V shaped stripes fit so well with the triangular logo.

The Islanders one is really good too! I like the 3rd jersey logo you created a lot.

The Rangers ones are nice too (is that an original logo, or have they used it before?) It looks familiar but I like it. I always thought the Rangers uniforms sucked with a logo.

The Flyers 3rd logo is an interesting concept but I think the uniform is too black. I think the logo would look better in another colour, or perhaps another colour for the shirt.

• 4 weeks later...

I decided to update the Islanders based on a few comments about giving a more royal blue a try. I think both sets look nice, but I'm leaning more toward the royal now. Here are a few prototypes I was throwing around, for fun, and then the recolors. Let me know what you think.

5881300861_8ef45e2d52_b.jpg

5881862936_ef3eac9e8c_b.jpg

5881301479_fd220ac541_b.jpg

The yellow B in the Bruins logo is sharp, nice touch.

Thank you, I thought it made it stand out better.

i like all of it except your rangers concept and some of your thirds - like calgary. im excited to see what else you post - especially stlouis

Thank you. Let me know what about the Rangers you dislike (and the thirds you don't like) and I'll use that for future tweaks and redesigns.

The yellow B is surprisingly good.

I thought so as well. Thanks.

I absolutely love the Pengiuns uniforms you created! They should adopt this design for sure, the V shaped stripes fit so well with the triangular logo.

The Islanders one is really good too! I like the 3rd jersey logo you created a lot.

The Rangers ones are nice too (is that an original logo, or have they used it before?) It looks familiar but I like it. I always thought the Rangers uniforms sucked with a logo.

The Flyers 3rd logo is an interesting concept but I think the uniform is too black. I think the logo would look better in another colour, or perhaps another colour for the shirt.

Thanks for the comments. I thought the Penguins design was kind of a throwback to their pre-reebok jerseys, not to mention the whole "golden triangle" thing they have going on out there.

Let me know what you think of the Islanders update (royal: better or worse?) as well as the prototypes.

Which Rangers logo? Not the Liberty head, the "NY" logo? I either found it somewhere or just took the script from their "New York" jerseys and put the "NY" together.

For the Flyers; I supposed I could give the third jersey an orange design and keep the bell on there. I'll give that a shot at some point.

Thanks again.

Archived