Northwest Division Grid

Edmonton Oilers Numbered - Uniforms

Vancouver Canucks Numbered - Uniforms

Vancouver Canucks (Update) Numbered - Uniforms

Calgary Flames Numbered - Uniforms

Colorado Avalanche Numbered - Uniforms

Minnesota Wild Numbered - Uniforms

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of these uniforms you may have seen before, some not. I still work on new designs from time to time, but it's always nice to hear other people's thoughts.

I'm starting this thread with the Pittsburgh Penguins. I'm not a fan of the Vegas shade of yellow/gold, so I went back to the older shade.

5266501205_b4bfc1f9ef_b.jpg

5267107766_f8b34d81cf_b.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are great! I miss the true Black and Gold! Also, the alternate looks fantastic with the recolored logo. However, I feel on the Home and Away, the numbers should be a little different. They don't seem to mesh well with the font you're using for the Captain's C.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

• 3 weeks later...

For the Flyers I mixed their current/throwback with their old edge look and the alternate is completely different.

5267115154_99307001a8_b.jpg

5266507969_67a6b123fb_b.jpg

For the Rangers I used a simple "classic" look (ala team usa, and now their current third) and the alternate is recolor of a previous Rangers' third which was red in color and featured the liberty logo. Since I made the Liberty head the primary logo the Rangers script returns on the alternate. As for the shoulder patches, liberty head on the third while "NY" stylized like their old school "New York" script logo.

5267117640_35a99eb47b_b.jpg

5266510449_af6b500bd8_b.jpg

For the Devils I decided to ditch black as I'm trying to see a league with less black and more color, opting for the old "christmas" scheme. The jerseys feature the standard Devils "NJ" logo with a new stylized "D" on the shoulders which is also featured as the primary logo on the green alternate.

5266508893_9c390b1063_b.jpg

5267115398_b2f92fa682_b.jpg

The Islanders primary jerseys feature a more modern design with their standard crest. The orange alternate sports the lighthouse logo with a more retro feel to the design.

5266511619_d718951d67_b.jpg

5267117992_cee5431f29_b.jpg

you have some very unique striping patterns, which are not outlandish and reebok-future, and therefore rather refreshing. It's tough to visualize how some of those would look on the ice, especially your unique sleeve stripes. I think a really nice addition to this series, which has been really well done, would be to render one of the jerseys (whichever one is most unique, or perhaps just your favorite) onto a player. Doesn't have to be complicated, but a "modeled" concept as the centerpiece of each team would add a lot more to these.

Nice posts. The Devils are a downgrade (love the traditional stripes they wear and insist on), but I like where you're going with this. Keep up the good work.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

This is the direction the Pens need to go in. The move back to yellow is the way to go. Excellent job. Nicely executed.

Thanks a lot.

Wow. Those look amazing. Can't wait for the rest of the league!

Thank you. It's coming. Slowly, but surely.

These are great! I miss the true Black and Gold! Also, the alternate looks fantastic with the recolored logo. However, I feel on the Home and Away, the numbers should be a little different. They don't seem to mesh well with the font you're using for the Captain's C.

At some point I'll play around with the fonts and post some different options for thought. Thanks for the reply.

The Atlantic Division

(image removed)

Nice job! I love the thirds for the Islanders and the Devils! Personally I love the new gold on the Penguins, but overall the whole set looks amazing.

Thank you.

you have some very unique striping patterns, which are not outlandish and reebok-future, and therefore rather refreshing. It's tough to visualize how some of those would look on the ice, especially your unique sleeve stripes. I think a really nice addition to this series, which has been really well done, would be to render one of the jerseys (whichever one is most unique, or perhaps just your favorite) onto a player. Doesn't have to be complicated, but a "modeled" concept as the centerpiece of each team would add a lot more to these.

Nice posts. The Devils are a downgrade (love the traditional stripes they wear and insist on), but I like where you're going with this. Keep up the good work.

Since the template I do all my concepts on is specifically for NHL 2002 I can make a visual render happen. I'll be sure to make that happen at some point and post some screen shots. Thanks for the reply.

The Atlantic Division

5257814946_4ee10fb2a1_b.jpg

I have to say for this...

first row Philadelphia, wow good work and that 3rd jersey... very interesting crest logo.. could be workable!

2nd row Pittsburgh... enough said... the 3rd one i wouldn't mind seeing as a real jersey.. good job!

3rd row NY Rangers ... I dunno if the Lady Liberty crest logo be something but it looks good.. I notice something very interesting.. the NY patch.. nice touch.... the 3rd jersey is excellent...

4th row New Jersey ... whoa!! wow nice change.. but the 2nd jersey I cant visualize the look on the ice if it was the case.. but wow.. the 3rd jersey.. ohh nice touch but the D logo.. odd shape...

5th row NY Islanders ... both the first 2 jerseys are perfect and good looking but the 3rd one?? too much orange somehow... hmmm but it's okay!

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

i LOVE the pens and the devils. especially the devils. i really like what you did there. major upgrade.

i'm not in love with the islanders. for me, i hate them with navy. always have, always will. while the bottom striping is absolutely unique, on the ice i feel like it could look very awkward, particuarly on the blue jersey. instant upgrade IMO if the isles set replaced navy for royal.

sig2024.png

I really like the NJ Devils Red & white versions. The green one is nice, but the logo, for me, just doesn't go well. Maybe because I am a Devils fan, but the concepts are really good. Nice work. 9.3/10 scale.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

For the Oilers I kept a traditional look to all three jerseys but went with an "OILERS" script on the third with a smaller player number underneath.

5276782253_8479be41ee_b.jpg

5277392328_bc7c391e90_b.jpg

The Canucks were interesting to work with as I wanted to keep a "V" shape for Vancouver on the arms and completely eliminate hem stripes on the home and away. Unfortunately the lack of hem stripes looked amazing on the road white but made the home seem too blue from head to toe so I decided that rather than go with a typical band of striping I'd move it all the way to the bottom hem of the jersey. For the third, I was challenged. I wanted to remove all traces of the orca from the Canucks look and I couldn't decide which direction to take the logo. I thought of perhaps the old "bowl of pasta" logo, but no. Then I attempted a "Vancouver" script ala the Rangers. That looked pretty good (I will upload a version at the end of this project), but I thought I could do one better. Then I remembered the old Johnny Canuck logo. On it's own, it doesn't make a very good crest, then I thought, "how about going with the latest trend of logos in a circle?" I tried it and I was pleased with the result.

5276781679_f3f40f7187_b.jpg

5277391722_8d92d5c2a1_b.jpg

Archived