Oregon State and Turquoise?

tj4eck

Before I even opened that link, the first thing I thought of was "Vancouver Grizzlies"...lo and behold, the link opens, and it's a similar look (well, colors anyway, even though the Grizz had red instead of orange.)

The look made me think this had something to do with a Native American cause (since a good bit of the Grizz' uniform detail and branding from those days had Native American influences), then I read the story and yep--that's exactly what it is.

As a one-time thing, I actually kind of like it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As a result of Nike creating turquoise uniforms for Oregon State's basketball program, I am now aware of:

the need to bring access to sport for Native American and Aboriginal youth as a means to improve their lives and create positive change in their communities.

/sarcasm

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

when an Oregon fan is asking, "umm huh?" regarding a uniform, you know you have failed.

That's going in my sig...despite the fact that I don't mind this as a one-off. But that was a gem.

TFTS?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Well it wasn't as bad as I expected when I first read it. Almost boring.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

"creating awareness for the need to bring access to sport for Native American and Aboriginal youth as a means to improve their lives and create positive change in their communities"

When I see or hear "creating awareness...", I know it's going to be a dumb, no-effect idea...but this one reaches a whole new level of ridiculousness.

87Redskins.png

oregon-state-turqoise.gif

I don't like it when any team wears a color outside of their traditional colors (normally black is the most frequent offender), but this--in and of itself--looks good. Also, an orange/black/teal (or turquoise) color scheme would look pretty good, not to mention unique.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived