Penalized becuase of Nike Pro Combat?!?

nybatt

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I heard the TV announcers right, that penalty was for "unnecessarily" diving into the end zone, not for flashing the "O". That was the second TD on which someone did that, and the first one wasn't called. So I don't know.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If I heard the TV announcers right, that penalty was for "unnecessarily" diving into the end zone, not for flashing the "O". That was the second TD on which someone did that, and the first one wasn't called. So I don't know.

The referee actually said "gesturing the crowd" in his penalty call.

VmWIn6B.png

That is the most stupid thing I've ever heard of. God forbid a player wants to show some unity with the fanbase.

God forbid a guy score a touchdown, act like he's done it before and hand the ball back to the official. I wish they'd call celebrating penalties after every touchdown. Sick of the celebrations after every tackle, sack, TD, etc. Goes triple for the NFL.

And save the "celebrations are entertainment" argument, cause the game is the entertainment. I watch the game for my entertainment, not some clown calling attention to himself. When everyone does it, it's not entertaining, it's tired and boring.

That is the most stupid thing I've ever heard of. God forbid a player wants to show some unity with the fanbase.

God forbid a guy score a touchdown, act like he's done it before and hand the ball back to the official. I wish they'd call celebrating penalties after every touchdown. Sick of the celebrations after every tackle, sack, TD, etc. Goes triple for the NFL.

And save the "celebrations are entertainment" argument, cause the game is the entertainment. I watch the game for my entertainment, not some clown calling attention to himself. When everyone does it, it's not entertaining, it's tired and boring.

Just curious how you feel about hockey players raising their sticks in the air and celebrating with their teammates after scoring a goal.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just curious how you feel about hockey players raising their sticks in the air and celebrating with their teammates after scoring a goal.

I actually agree with them. Players should ALWAYS act like they've done it before. There is no need for celebrating, period, after a goal/touchdown/whatever. It is classless to celebrate, and it needlessly denigrates the opposition.

LvZYtbZ.png

I actually agree with them. Players should ALWAYS act like they've done it before. There is no need for celebrating, period, after a goal/touchdown/whatever. It is classless to celebrate, and it needlessly denigrates the opposition.

You're an idiot. Stop posting.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Players raising their hockey sticks after a goal is actually because of a rule change way back in the day that requested the scoring player raise their stick so that the official scorer knew who to credit with a goal. Then, it pretty much morphed into the whole team doing it.

A more correct analogy would be something like the guys who jump into the glass, or ride their stick like a horse or pretend its a gun and 'fire' it at the opposing bench.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

So then if a guy scores his first touchdown, and really hasn't been there before, could he dance, party, and just go nuts?

You're not going to stop the dancing in the NFL, because it's not something that you can administer on a league level. Small fines and yardage penalties aren't going to stop much. It should be up to the teams / coaches to decide what image they want their players to maintain. If they want an "old school" image, then they need to enforce that themselves. Suspensions are the only thing that will stop anything, and the players have all the leverage here - they make so much money that a team is certainly not going to suspend anyone, because they want to get their money's worth, and if the player is really good, they want him to win games for them. It could be better handled at the college level, but more so at smaller or crappy schools that don't have superstar players. The best players either get paid or other benefits and could really screw over the school if they are mistreated, so the school won't sit them for something minor like a dance. Also, they want to win.

That being said, I like the dances and creative things that the players do after touchdowns. Not so much after routine tackles.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Players raising their hockey sticks after a goal is actually because of a rule change way back in the day that requested the scoring player raise their stick so that the official scorer knew who to credit with a goal. Then, it pretty much morphed into the whole team doing it.

A more correct analogy would be something like the guys who jump into the glass, or ride their stick like a horse or pretend its a gun and 'fire' it at the opposing bench.

Right, I meant to include the "signature" celebrations that some guys now have.

So then if a guy scores his first touchdown, and really hasn't been there before, could he dance, party, and just go nuts?

You're not going to stop the dancing in the NFL, because it's not something that you can administer on a league level. Small fines and yardage penalties aren't going to stop much. It should be up to the teams / coaches to decide what image they want their players to maintain. If they want an "old school" image, then they need to enforce that themselves. Suspensions are the only thing that will stop anything, and the players have all the leverage here - they make so much money that a team is certainly not going to suspend anyone, because they want to get their money's worth, and if the player is really good, they want him to win games for them. It could be better handled at the college level, but more so at smaller or crappy schools that don't have superstar players. The best players either get paid or other benefits and could really screw over the school if they are mistreated, so the school won't sit them for something minor like a dance. Also, they want to win.

That being said, I like the dances and creative things that the players do after touchdowns. Not so much after routine tackles.

But what if the NFL were to, say, suspend players for four games for a first violation of a celebration policy? That would stop it right quick.

LvZYtbZ.png

For one, the union would never agree to that in collective bargaining. Also, the league would never go for that. The "NFL" is essentially the teams themselves, specifically the owners. As you well know, it's not like the league is run by a third-party administrative unit. They'd never set up a system where their appointed governing body would have the power to suspend their best player for something like dancing. Dancing and drugs are on a whole different level.

Archived