Buffalo Bills Rebranding

GFB

Ahh... feels good to be back in the Concepts forum.

Everyone who knows anything about good designing knows that the Buffalo Bills are mess. Here's my take at fixing them.

What we have is just the basic modernization of the 80s Bills logo. I have also eliminated the silver and the use of the double blues. Instead I darkened the royal blue to more of a nickel blue...

BillsConceptLogo1.png

BillsConceptLogo2.png

For the helmet, I updated my favorite Bills helmet, the infamous blue-facemask helmet of the early 80s. I changed the striping order to better fit with the new logo.

BillsConceptHelmet.png

Thoughts/suggestions welcome.

-Matt

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno, looks like something GFB would do.

Aka...I like it a lot. I think either the red needs to be a shade lighter or the blue a shade darker. Its also too jagged in my opinion, makes it a bit too busy. The good thing about the current buffalo is that it is iconic. With one more pass on this one you will get to that.

Nice work.

Awesome job on the rendering. I chose modern because that dynamic logo just begs for a modern design, IMO

Quick thoughts:

- There could be a little more definition to the Buffalo's body in the red part. He falls apart a bit when paired with your wordmark. It's an aggresive rendering, but so aggressive that the buffalo loses some needed definition.

- I love that helmet, though it would likely look better blue with a red facemask and white/red striping. Still, you explained why it's red, so it's red and it looks good all the same.

- Kudos on making it 3 colors, and an emphasis on red with blue accents would certainly be unique.

I'll be following this one, can't wait for unis!

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I love it, give a shot to a red buffalo on a white helmet?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think it's great. It honestly doesn't matter what color the buffalo is. The red one actually still looks good on the red helmet. I'm also in the camp that would like to see what it looks like on a white helmet.

Agreed...try the red buffalo on a white helmet.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Really nice GBF, on the shoulders it looks like a mountain range.

Was that on purpose?

I thought that too! Looks almost like the Coors logo or something.

The "face" of the buffalo is translating really weird for me. That blue chunk under the eye - is it supposed to be a mouth? Extra fur/pelt? I'm a little confused.

Still, it's a huge improvement over what the Bills have now. With a little refining of some elements this would be PERFECT!

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

I think it's great. It honestly doesn't matter what color the buffalo is. The red one actually still looks good on the red helmet. I'm also in the camp that would like to see what it looks like on a white helmet.

Agreed...try the red buffalo on a white helmet.

Forthed. That's the first thing I thought when I saw this. It won't contrast enough on TV/from a distance with the red buffalo on red helmet, even when you brightened the colours. I LOVE the logo, though, great job. I would like to see uniforms to go along with it.

25yzwqg.png

Archived