How would you describe your taste in jerseys/logos?

KJHillis

I prefer the mid-90's uniforms in almost every sport, especially NBA. I think that's because it was what I grew up on. 1996-97 is my favorite season in NBA uniforms.

While I appreciate "timeless classics" like the Bulls, Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, etc., I also think they are incredibly boring, and because of that, make they game slightly more boring as well, especially to a logo/uniform dork like myself.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

It's really not about "traditional" or "modern" for me. It's about looking good.

I tend to favour simpler, traditional designs. That being said, a design isn't good just because it's traditional, and a design isn't bad just because it's modern.

The Colts, Canadiens, Yankees, and Celtics all have great uniforms. So to, however, do the Patriots, Hurricanes, Angels, and Rockets.

I tend to think that most of the 90s stuff, the stuff I grew up with, is trash. A lot of teams crossed the line from pushing the envelope to being outright gaudy. The same goes for most of the over-panelled/piped stuff that passes for progressive design today.

I love looks from the 60's, like the AFL throwbacks, I also love unique colour schemes, like the old Anaheim Ducks

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

I pretty much have a split personality when it comes to this. I LOVE minor league baseball names and logos. They are usually regional names and just have these fanciful, imaginative logos. There is something about a minor league baseball hat that is just so pleasing to me. When it comes to the bigs... I love the classic letter logos, but it tends to get monotonous. At the same time, I love classic looks like the Yankees and Red Sox. Baseball uniforms are just different I guess.

I also love Colleges that have regional names that aren't the typical ones. I love Longhorns, Horned Frogs, Hokies, Aggies, Buckeyes, Nittany Lions, etc. I am love more classic looks, like Ohio State, Penn State, Texas. But when a team does go modern and and pushed the limits, I love when they do it similar to TCU with the skin pattern. I like when a team mimics their mascot in their uniforms. I have no middle ground. Either reserved and classic, or push the limits as it relates to your school/nickname.

When it comes to football, whether its pro or college, again, I like classic looks like the Browns, Steelers, Colts, etc. But, as I said before, I like when a team really promotes their team nickname... an example would be the Steelers having a diamond plate pattern on their shirts or pants... or using the red blue and yellow stars as a shoulder logo.

I hate teams that just push the limit for the sake of pushing the limit. I don't really like the new Arizona Cardinals uniforms at all. I don't like Boise State's uniforms, either. I don't like modern for the sake of modern. I want some rhyme or reason. At least Oregon has a reason why their shirts have wings on them.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I like any design, but it depends on the colors. For example, the Steelers have the worst uniforms in the NFL, and the Jets have the best. But if the Steelers and Jets flipped color schemes, the Steelers would have decent unis and the Jets would have god awful unis.

Also, I love :censored: like Oregon. Why wear the same damn old boring ass uniform every motherbleeping week when you don't have to?

If I had to choose a side, I'd say traditional, but there are so many exceptions that saying traditionalist isn't enitrely accurate. There are plenty of traditional uniforms that I find boring. There are also many modern uniforms that I like. It's really more of a case by case basis.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It's really not about "traditional" or "modern" for me. It's about looking good.

I tend to favour simpler, traditional designs. That being said, a design isn't good just because it's traditional, and a design isn't bad just because it's modern.

The Colts, Canadiens, Yankees, and Celtics all have great uniforms. So to, however, do the Patriots, Hurricanes, Angels, and Rockets.

I tend to think that most of the 90s stuff, the stuff I grew up with, is trash. A lot of teams crossed the line from pushing the envelope to being outright gaudy. The same goes for most of the over-panelled/piped stuff that passes for progressive design today.

This is the gist of how I feel, quality has nothing to do with when something was designed.

jNTsTyQ.png

I'm not really going to define mine as a specific era rather I'm going to say that I am OPEN to ALL jersey designs.

I really have no rhyme and reason between which traditional/modern uniforms I like. I kinda just let the design grow on me and make a final decision after a while.

in most cases i tend to lean towards uniforms worn pre 1994. there are cases where i like modern uniforms like the 96 nhl alts and the islanders fisherman uniforms.

in the nfl i prefer the early 90's broncos, seahawks, patriots, eagles over the current overhauls. then there are cases where i like the bucs current set equally as i do the bucco bruce set. and teams like the giants and jets, i prefer their current set over what they did have.

in baseball, i hate the gray jerseys and prefer most of the modern looks. Same with basketball. I trend more towards the more modern looks like the Mavs.

i suppose in summery i trend to either side depending on my mood.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

My taste in Uniforms starts and ends with Hockey.

In my not so humble opinion the uniforms of other sports cannot come close to the class and beauty of a well designed hockey sweater. Hockey is the only major sport where the teams logo is displayed front and centre of the jersey in all its embroidered glory. And its a good thing too because hockey cannot be touched when it comes to creating instant classic logos either. First you have the iconic original six logos, instantly recognizable and perfect in their simplicity. Then with the expansion of the 70's you got more instant classics with the Flyers "Flying P," the ingenious use of negative space in the Whalers crest, the simple brilliance of the Blues "Blue Note" and the Northstars "N." Even the most recent expansion spawned another moment of logo brilliance with the way the mountain scenery of the Minnesota Wild logo forms a bear head.

Unfortunatly the tradition of these great uniforms has been under attack by Reebok with the shoehorning of unnecessary design elements from other sports like Piping, Side Panels, Wordmarks in place of logos, Flags (im looking at you Calgary), and form fitting materials. If the recent throwback trend is any indication though, Reebok is learning from its mistakes.

In general, I like teams with common color schemes to have a modern look (Falcons, Patriots) and teams with unique color schemes (or a color they more/less "own") to have a simple look (Texas, Tennessee, North Carolina, etc.). Exceptions of course for older teams with lots of tradition (Michigan, Notre Dame, Raiders, etc.)

As far as baseball, I would prefer that road grays be more/less limited to the original 8 from each league (since gray actually looks good on those teams), but expansion teams should have free reign to get into whatever powder blued, rainbowed, gradiented, tacoed or tealed craziness they feel like short of TATC. Stop shoe-horning these teams into an era and "tradition" they weren't even part of and let them carve their identity from the actual eras they came from.

I am more of a traditional collector myself.

Having been from Detroit, the classic Lions (not any of the newer crap), Tigers (I have a full home gamer set that I was given and wore at the last Fanasy Camp in Tiger Stadium) and Red Wings (got 4 sweaters each with a cup patch on them).

Also the classic Raiders jersey, and the entire Arizona Diamondbacks set from the 2001 WS (Complete with patches and the US flag on the back.)

Currently I am collect game issued but not worn Baseball pants. Have home and Road Tigers, Diamondbacks, and SF Giants.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I would say out there, outside the box, and redorangey.

I'm a huge fan of wild and out there jerseys and designs. Just about every NHL third jersey people associate with being awful or gaudy, I proudly own. Isles orange 3rd, Bruins bear head yellow thirds, Stars bull head third.

I love the Canes, Browns, and Bengals orange, and all red such as the Texans is beautiful.

I like modern and/or futuristic desings. I cannot stand the trend of wordmarks and everyone going to throwbacks. It's lazy and boring.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived