N(ike)FL concepts

chestnutz

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gotta work on this template, man. Your TV numbers are far too forward in terms of placement on the shoulders. The stripes also end a bit awkwardly. As for my Lions, I like the general style of the unis, but they're kind of 'blah' when it comes to how they would look on the field. There's no contrast, really.

Thanks for the tips. Yeah I kind of threw these out there first to get some feedback on how I did actually using the template. I just kind of winged it as far as placement went. Will work on it.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Just curious...why are the uniforms different on the player template than on the basic one?

They're not? Just may be tougher to see some of the designs because of the different angles on the player one.

The Bears are a bit different on shoulder stripes, for one. I noticed that too. The white on those photorealistic templates is also more like 'champagne'. Any reason for that?

Just curious...why are the uniforms different on the player template than on the basic one?

They're not? Just may be tougher to see some of the designs because of the different angles on the player one.

The Bears are a bit different on shoulder stripes, for one. I noticed that too. The white on those photorealistic templates is also more like 'champagne'. Any reason for that?

Oh, ya know what happened, I posted the original Bears one. The update only has three stripes.

I think it just has to do with the effects Fraser put on the template. I'll see if I can tweak it some.

spacer.png

Right, fixed the Bears one...

and now, sticking up north near them Canadians, it's the AFC NORTH!

This division was a pretty popular one when I first debuted it, with many people being keen on my concepts for the Bungles, Steelers, and Ravens. So those didn't really change much aside from a few minor things.

BUT, I never got to introduce my Browns concept. So there's that....

I've also taken DougFresh's tips into consideration for the player template, and I think they've come out much better this batch. I also tinkered with it to get the white look more, well, white, and not champagne.

You'll also notice from now on the flat presentation will use a 3/4 view of the pants. Just a sidenote.

HERE we go....

Cleveland Browns

Classic look here. Made up my rendition of the football logo, with an intertwined CB in the middle of it.

Browns.png

Browns-davidson.png

Cincinnati Bengals

Nothing really changed aside from pants stripe. There's simplified tiger stripes on the sleeves. Tiger stripes are complex on their own, so no need to clutter it up.

Bengals2.png

Bengals-davidson.png

spacer.png

Baltimore Ravens

Some didn't like this concept last go round, but a lot of people did. So I didn't change anythang. Again, ravens are black, so black should be the primary! Also used the Jags two-tone gradient helmet.

Ravens2.png

Ravens-davidson.png

Pittsburgh Steelers

Nothing changes here either. Got rid of those horrid primary colors in the logo, streamlined look, with sublimated checker pattern from the city flag.

Steelers2.png

Steelers-davidson.png

spacer.png

My replies to every one you've done:

Bills: I really like this one, especially the home jersey.

Dolphins: Again, I really like this one, a nice classic look for the dolphins.

Pats: Not sure about this one, I really hate that font, i think you've taken a step in the wrong direction.

Jets: NICE!, I really like the logo.

Ravens: Make the alt the home, and you've got a winner!

Bengals: Oh yeah, this is awesome, you've got everything going really well in this one.

Steelers: I'm unsure on this one, defenitely don't like the new logo.

Texans: hmm, i think an all blue set would really look good.

Colts: Perfect for the colts, simple but elegant.

Jags: I like the jerseys, don't like the pants!

Titans: I. LOVE. IT!

Broncos: I LOVE THIS ONE TOO!

Cheifs: Bit too much yellow for my liking, maybe make the numbers white.

Raiders: Too plain, I really think the raiders need more.

Chargers: I really like this one, i loved those 70s and 80s unis they wore!

Cowboys: Awful, i'm sorry there is now other way to put it.

Giants: Put grey pants on the home, I LOVE the jerseys.

Eagles: AWESOME!

Redskins: I kinda like this, it really doesn't stir up any reaction from me

Bears: You've got this one all wrong, the throwbacks don't look good nor do they remind anyone of glory days, '85 is the way to go!

Lions: Me like!

Packers: Looks like a practice jersey, packers are athletic yellow not vegas gold! Oh and i don't like the green helmet either, and i doubt the rest of the packer faithful would.

Vikings: nice, i like the pants.

Falcons: I really like the alt, that should be the primary imo.

Panthers: Fantastic, good to see someone get the panthers right! I love the combination of electric blue and black!

Saints: Love the pinstripes!

Bucs: Kill the red, either go creamsicle or red, not both, but i love the creamsicle, so kill the red!

Cardinals: I like the sleeves, don't bother with a black alt, it's a really bad example of bfbs

49ers: Don't like the gold jersey, but i definitely like the other jerseys.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Love the Eagles concept. Really is so much better than what the birds have right now. Their current set is so boring, and cannot stand the black they decided to go with.

Being a big Eagles fan, I gotta say your Cowboys set looks horrific. Almost like a USFL set. However, being an Iggles fan, the worse the Cowboys look the better. lol

Erik, here's something I want you to consider when you get to working the PC's in Photoshop (assuming you are working in Photoshop to produce those): the warp function, hidden within the "Transform" function, if you're not aware of it, already. It's time consuming, but if you can work that warp box just right, you can make the logos on the helmets, numbers on the jerseys, and effects on the sleeves appear more natural. After you choose the object you want to transform and either CTRL+T or open apple + T on a Mac, right-click the object you just selected, and you'll see a pop-up menu with several more options...choose "warp" and you'll see a wireframe box show up over the object you want to warp. From there, it's straight-up eyeballing. It's the time-consuming part, but once you figure out how to work it, it'll enhance the realism of your presentation.

It'll definitely take practice, so try not to get too frustrated early on. And by the way, nice work on enhancing Davidson's photo-realistic layout here.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Bills: Get rid of the navy on the jerseys and make a red alternate

Dolphins: The shade of orange is too pale

Patriots: Maybe get rid of navy sleeves on the away jersey

Jets: Change the helmet logo to the wordmark and make the NY logo an oval instead of a circle

Ravens: Change the helmet logo

Bengals: Perfect

Steelers: Perfect

Texans: Make the navy uniform the home uniform

Colts: Perfect

Jaguars: Black helmet

Titans: Darken the red

Broncos: perfect

Chiefs: perfect

Raiders: perfect

Chargers: Replace navy with powder blue

Cowboys: Replace silver with white on the home uniform

Giants: perfect

Eagles: Eliminate Shoulder stripes

Redskins: AMAZING

Bears: Perfect

Lions: Good

Packers: Fauxback uni=perfect, but I would just use their current jerseys with their current colors

Vikings: Perfect, that alternate logo looks great

Falcons: Perfect

Panthers: perfect

Saints: perfect

Bucs: The logo is great, but simplify the uniforms

Cards: Get rid of yellow on the home uniform

49ers: Perfect

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Pittsburgh Steelers

Nothing changes here either. Got rid of those horrid primary colors in the logo, streamlined look, with sublimated checker pattern from the city flag.

Steelers2.png

Steelers-davidson.png

I dont think this would go very well with the fans. The checker pattern doesn't work. You need to go with the steel pattern like Oregon had. That would make the Steelers perfect. And the primary colors in the logo aren't horid, they're the actual colors of the steel logo.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Thank you all for your critiques. The PS definitely takes some getting used to and practice (this is the first time I've ever used it for concepts, I'm an illy man). Here we go with the NFC East.

Dallas Cowboys

Simplified the set here, a lot of people hated my last iteration. Kept the stars on the shoulders, I think it's an important thing for the Cowboy jerseys.

Cowboys2.png

Cowboys-davidson.png

Philadelphia Eagles

Always tough to do your team. I didn't change much in ways of design here. What I did do is substitute gray for straight up black. Thought it was too bland before. Always loved the Cunningham jerseys with the black. And since these days Philly loves putting the black in their unis (although it doesn't work with the midnight green), I think it works here with kelly.

Eagles2.png

Eagles-davidson.png

spacer.png

New York Giants

No changes here. Throwback to the 80s all white LT look.

Giants2.png

Giants-davidson.png

Washington Redskins

Kept the two-stripe look and my logos. Got rid of any sort of sleeve striping though. With a great color scheme like maroon and gold, not much design is needed to make it look good IMO.

Redskins2.png

Redskins-davidson.png

spacer.png

The Cowboys look nice, though I'd like to see you use the double-outlined star on the helmets instead.

I think you missed with the Eagles here. You had it perfect before, but you kind of ruined it with the overuse of black. I'm also not a kelly green fan, so that's probably why I'm not liking these.

The Giants look nice, but I'd try and match the workmark on the jerseys and the helmet logo style-wise. It kind of throws it off, other than that, it's a good look.

Not much to complain about on the 'Skins, but if you're going to have no striping, put the numbers on the sleeves.

Nice work, I'm also really diggin' the look on FD's template. Keep it up.

Archived