Carolina Panthers

New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

West

Arizona Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers

Remaining: Cleveland, St. Louis, Seattle

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all, back from a long hiatus as my first semester of college has come and gone, and now I've got a month long break of boredom. So why not return to sports design? I've seen the recent trend of Nike NFL concepts and I figured I'd dip my foot into the pool. New or updated logos will be added where necessary, no FLYWIRE, and using Andrew's template. I've done my fair share of NFL concepts and here I'm trying to do teams that I've never done before. Here goes with the first three:

Detroit Lions

Ditched black and went with a dark gray because I've always loved that look. Slightly updated wordmark, and new numbers since I didn't have their current ones :P Not much to explain, tried to mimic the striping after the logo and wordmark. Fauxback uniforms are something you'll see a lot of in my concepts, not quite authentic throwbacks but based off of them (in place of third jerseys)

lions-unis.png

lions-unis2.png

Buffalo Bills

My hometown team who I hate, their uniforms are the worst part, having to see them everywhere. I could've gone throwback here to Jim Kelly era, but I thought that was too easy and decided to KEEP the two blues. I tweaked the logo a bit and new wordmark. This jersey set up I thought was the best way to incorporate all four colors, a very tough thing to do. I'm not too sure about it, but I went big and not home. No Fauxback here, just straight dark third jersey.

bills-unis.png

bills-unis2.png

Pittsburgh Steelers

I've long known what I wanted to do with the Steelmen. Changed the colors of the logo, got rid of all those weird colors (I don't care about history!) and changed the font inside. You'll notice on the sleeves is a checkerboard pattern, which I might get some flak for but whatever. I originally wanted to fit in the blue and white checkers from the city flag, but couldn't find a good place so I just went with the sublimated sleeve design, and classic three-stripe sleeves. Fauxback here, a uniform I've always loved.

steelers-unis.png

steelers-unis2.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like how you used the mane on the Lions logo to be used as stripes, and even mimic the 50s Lions logo. Great job on that! That Bills set is amazing! The logo got a huge upgrade with just a simple addition, and the unis are beautiful, especially the road set. I'm also enjoying the subliminated pattern on the jerseys. Also, are the helmets supposed to be gradients, or is it mimicking light glare?

6873.gif13-3. 1st place in NFC West. 1 fumble away from Super Bowl 46.

1hrqvo4oaipg1j7eboaxh4bgu.gif. 40-26. Lost in Conference Semifinals

zroew6i4sougyzvje4p5vl1xr.gif34-36-12 80 Points. Painfully watching the rivals win the Cup.

2908.gif 28-26. 3 GB of AL East lead. Starting to turn around the season.

I'm going to echo what Jay said: Pittsburgh is the real winner here. I love the stars on the pants, perfect placement. I think the yellow sleeve striping is a bit stray, particularly because the rest of the striping is on a yellow or black background. I'd go ahead and make the entire sleeve black or just outline the stripes in black.

Lions: Not a huge fan of the dark gray, but I like the design a lot. Also, you forgot to recolor the wordmark on the road uniform.

Bills: Once again, great job on the design, and thank you for making the lighter blue the main color. You incorporated the navy very well. I'm not a huge fan of the wordmark though. I think their current one still works.

Steelers: Those are AWESOME! I love the recolored logo and the diamonds on the pants. My only suggestions are to make the facemask black and spell Big Ben's name right ^_^

Those lions uni's are a thing of beauty! I wanted to kinda do the same thing as you did about using the stripes in the logo as stripes on the uni's but couldnt come up with anything this sweet. Also love the dark grey usage. I think it keeps it looking like a classic modern look! Also great job on the other uniforms cant wait to see your other concepts!

Lionshelmet.png

The Bills sleeves just make me sad. They don't need navy in their designs. At all. Just do away with it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The seams are a little too much here - it makes it a little tough to really evaluate the white jerseys. Could they be done lighter?

For the Steelers, I like the logo better the way you did it, however it's really the US Steel mark, so I'm not sure if it can legally be changed (not sure if they were able to trademark their own version of it once they added the "ers" to it.) Either way, since their entire identity is based on Pittsburgh's history with steel, fooling with the steel mark probably wouldn't fly in the "real world".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

A long day of nothing gives me a new batch to throw out, one which I'm quite happy with. I messed around with how the unis are presented a bit because I didn't like how it looked last time. All one picture now. Also, just for you BBTV I lightened the stitching.

Arizona Cardinals

Didn't mess with their identity much here, though I did use the yellow a bit more than they do now. Added a stripe to the helmet. The main design element here is the sublimated sun-burst in the jersey and pants, something that's been done a lot before and I wanted to try my hand at making it look good. It's been done so much because I really think they should do it, it's a unique aspect they should take advantage of. Also added the controversial black jersey.

cardinals-unis.png

Baltimore Ravens

Semi-new wordmark. Changed the colors, darkened the purple a tad and went with old gold (I had it as almost the same yellow the Cardinals use, but switched it last second so let me know what you think). Really focused on black more here because, well, ravens are black. A big thing I tried here was the Oregon Ducks-esque gradient helmet. I couldn't manage to do it very well, but it'd look like what the Jaguars have on the field.

Ravens.png

Cincinnati Bengals

Staying in the AFC North, I decided to do a team I've always dreaded of doing. Those tiger stripes always give me trouble, and to be honest I never wanted to do the Bengals because everyone does the same thing - stripes on the sleeves, simplifying their current uniform essentially. Still, I did it as well. I like their orange jerseys a lot so I made that the primary. I decided against the tiger stripes on the pants to avoid overkill.

Bengals.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Cardinals: Good job. I like the sunburst pattern a lot. My only suggestion would be to drop the yellow in the collar completely or use it on each uniform.

Ravens: I REALLY like these. The design is great, and I like the focus on black. Also the helmet would look really sweet. However, I would make the wordmark on each jersey match the number color, put the B logo on the pants, and change the pants stripe to something more modern.

Bengals: Good job, not much to say here. I would use their current number and NOB font though.

I have to say, these are probably some of the best concepts I have seen. The Lions turned out pretty cool with that new striping pattern and I like the idea of the two shades of blue on the Bills. I use them in a franchise on Madden and like mixing the current and throwback uniforms to have the different shades of blue. I would have stuck with their current wordmark and used block numbers on the shoulders. Also, I would have made the sleeves on the 3rd alternate jersey the light blue, and then use the red-white-red striping pattern form the home jersey. I am really digging the Steelers look, they just need a black facemask. The Cardinals are great. I have seen many users use the sublimated sunburst and it looks fantastic. The Ravens look great to. Black should be their thing, with purple as the alternate and trim color. I love the helmet idea, and wouldn't mind seeing it used with a team like the Falcons also. The Bengals are also much better than the current look, but it might look better with their current font. I can't wait until you make more because these all look great.

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

Man, you haven't lost a step!

I think it would be easier to tell you what I don't like:

-Lack of yellow in the Cardinals uniforms (I think it would accent the black/red really nicely)

-Steelers' white facemask

-Lions' helmet stripe, I feel like it goes against the flow of the rest of the unis

-Bengals' Name/Number font, the sharp angles really contradict the smooth tiger stripes and whatnot

-The whole Ravens set just looks a little weak. I can't put my finger on it, but as a whole it just doesn't stand out to me.

I absolutely love the Bills set. These are really great, keep it up.

Love the Cards unis except you need to add red pants.

Not liking the helmet stripe of the white facemask, but I could live with it (I'm one of the grey facemask, no helmet stripe fans).

Other wise, top notch here...love the sunburst pattern.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived